Byond ID?
    Backsea

CM Character?
    Jacklyn "bad frag" Sahara

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    it varies alot month to month

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    ive moderated on warthunder servers for several years

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    i only play CM-SS13, although i do spectate on a few other servers from tiem to time

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    a warthunder discord server

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    no i have not

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    if its a misclick or accident and not IE or griefing theres not much to do so id send them a PM telling them to be more careful in the future

if it does seem like its IE then id check their notes and PM them, informing them that theyre being noted for said IE

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    id advise them to open a player report on the forums as staff cannot handle WL stuff

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    i would ask in mentorchat if any mentors are available to go SEA and help the new player if theres no SEA awake, if there is a SEA online i would PM them and inform them of said player, and if niether of these can be done i would either help them in game or PM them asking if they needed help

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    being rude and confrontational isnt allowed in Ahelps and aint allowed, id inform them of such. afterwards id inform them that they could make a staff report on me if they feel i have made a error

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    id PM the marine and inform them that 'john doe' breaks the naming rule and ask if they would like to change their name at all and inform them that they need to change the name by next round as they were warned for it, and of course id note them for not having a allowed name

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue, as long as he doesnt deploy the MPs can deal with it, although shipside roles can only deploy with permission. and if they start shooting people randomly then of course thats griefing and the appropriate consequences will be applied

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    survivors arent allowed to be hostile towards marines unless theyre the CLF nightmare insert survs, id bwoink the surv informing them of such and aheal the marine if no medics could attend or are treating them. if the survivor continues being hostile and or argues in PMs id note them for being hostile as survivor

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    well id start by checking the notes of the MP player to see if they have a history of breaking marine law, i would bwoink them and ask what the reason for permaing the marine player is for, if he mention stuff the permad marine did such as killing someone or talk of abandoning the USCM due to his brigging, i would check logs to try and see if said things are true if it is i would inform the permad marine of such and continue moderating

if the MP says its just for stealing attachments i would let them know that the charges are decided by JAS and not them, and the maximum charges for this would be 20 minutes (theft and resisting) and not the perma sentence they have, i would tell the MP to release the perma prisoner and note the MP, if the MP has a history of similar things a job ban may be in place

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    i would QM the xenos trying to get them to push for victory against the tallhosts. if they refuse or dont react to it, i would message the commander urging them to redeploy after hinting the xeno numbers are low or waiting for another scan to message

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    i would ahelp about this, and while waiting i would attempt to resolve this ICly by telling the player theyre ODing the patients and try to guide them if theyre new

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG is only applicable if theres no real reason to be fighting, CLF and marines are always hostile to eachother so theres plenty of reason to be fighting, id inform them of such and move on

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC issue unless they start killing people i cant do much about it. although i would check notes to see if they have a history of behavior of doing this

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    check logs and notes for both players and note the shooter for IE if the logs support the ahelp, i would inform the shooter that they have been noted and aheal the marine if no one has or will be able to get to the body

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC as soon as possible and inform them its not permitted to mutiny how theyre mutinying, if they dont stand down and continue trying to mutiny asleeping will be applyed and handle the appropriate bans and notes

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    racism isnt tolerated, id inform said players of such, check notes and note for said racist comments

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    instant ban, they were obviously griefing and logging as soon as they did, if i cant permaban then id inform my manager of it

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    check notes and play times, if they are new i would bwoink em and inform them its a bad idea to front line as larva, if they arent new i would note them and tell them not to do it again or theyed eat a ban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    netspeak isnt allowed, i would DM them and note them for such

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    xeno hive mind is automatically translated for them, it isnt LRP to call it a dropship and id inform them of such

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    marines know of the xenomorph existence, not that theyre gonna be fighting them planet side, i would PM them informing them of such, i would also bring this up with councilors since COs are held to a higher standard then regular command staff

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    iirc the wiki states that killing another marine for a spot on a evac pod is valid and allowed although if the story from the marine who killed the other marine doesnt line up with the other two marines such as the murdered player already giving up their spot to defend for the other players then i would note the shooter on such

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    insulting staff isnt allowed id tell them this, if they cool off then a note will suffice, otherwise a ban may be needed

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    even if they could prove that they were SSD going SSD anywhere near the front where its possible to get killed or capped aint a good idea, i would inform the player that i cant do much about this

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    id talk to them in private so we could see where we both came from although if i do see them giving the wrong information i would talk to my manager about it

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    as stated in rule 0.1 every rule break cannot be defined as written, similarly to the sprit of law in marine law, enforcment of the rules is subject to staff intepretation of the rules intention becasue of this it is possible that theyre both correct in some sort of a way, though i wouldnt try and shove myself into the argument due to the possibilities of making it worse, but i would inform my manager if i feel it spirals out of control

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    well ive ahelped a good bit of rule breaks like the whiny bitch i am so why not become a moderator to hand out the bans on the rule breaks i see, plus i do enjoy the game and want another thing to do since i can get quite burnt out of the game at time

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    hmm this is a difficult question, honestly i think the ability to understnad where the player is coming from but also being rigid with the rules matters alot

Anything else you
    i dont really understand this, but uh no? i dont have anything else to state

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 main issues I wish for you to address before I go through the questions or any of the other steps, these issues are potentially disqualifying on their own. While i would prefer something backed with evidence in terms of answers for these questions/issues, you agreeing to address these may suffice too in my eyes.

1) Activity. You have a bit of a reputation of being a never player and there is a minimum activity demand for mods, roughly 20h per month. can you meet this? can you still meet this after 3 months?

2) Interacting with the community. You understand you cant actually block most of the player base as a mod, and will have to interact and listen to people you may not like or would rather have blocked too. This means no more no-access role. More specifically do you feel you can put up with the negativity that will inevitably end up heading your way? Do you feel you can deal with it in a healthy manner that won't end up just being very bad for you? and do you feel you can manage this even after the novelty of being a mod wears off, i.e. 3 months from now.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    I have 2 main issues I wish for you to address before I go through the questions or any of the other steps, these issues are potentially disqualifying on their own. While i would prefer something backed with evidence in terms of answers for these questions/issues, you agreeing to address these may suffice too in my eyes.

1) Activity. You have a bit of a reputation of being a never player and there is a minimum activity demand for mods, roughly 20h per month. can you meet this? can you still meet this after 3 months?

2) Interacting with the community. You understand you cant actually block most of the player base as a mod, and will have to interact and listen to people you may not like or would rather have blocked too. This means no more no-access role. More specifically do you feel you can put up with the negativity that will inevitably end up heading your way? Do you feel you can deal with it in a healthy manner that won't end up just being very bad for you? and do you feel you can manage this even after the novelty of being a mod wears off, i.e. 3 months from now.
    1. i know i do have quite the reputation of a never player but you gotta let bread rise before you cook it, taking breaks is a neccessarry part of CMs fun imo but i do feel that i can handle 20 hours of logged time a month, i just gotta get back into the swing of things

2. i was told by i belive it was silencer that i could keep the no access role and still be a mod but if i wanted to be a discord mod i would have to lose this, of course if im remembering correctly what i was told it would be a few months old and id understand if it has changed.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your answer are great, but i'm also kinda concerned with the no access thing. Dealing with the community is a part of this position and it can be rather stressful. Being a mentor and shutting yourself off of the discord just gives me worries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do yall think there is any possible way for me to show that i can interact with the community/ deal with it while this app is up?

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it is absolutely fair to bring those aspects up, neither Backsea's community engagement/involvement or their play hours are an issue for me.

Please focus on the merits of their app and anything else you would like to add and vote when you post.
    Senior Administrator

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsea View Post
    do yall think there is any possible way for me to show that i can interact with the community/ deal with it while this app is up?
    Honestly a commitment from you you won't just block most of the community/staff, and that you can be contacted by someone if need to do it for professional reasons (i.e. discuss a ban or whatever), suffices for me. The 2nd part is similar, if you feel that dealing with the community won't end up affecting negatively too much, that's good enough for me. That's not to say I wouldn't prefer something more concrete but ill take it too tbh. I've noticed you are more active in-game and discord too recently.

Regarding the questions, there are some errors, some are a bit short for my liking, but someone else will probably give you a full breakdown soon, if not ill do it myself. Overall I find them acceptable, tho they could be better.

Regarding notes (on all 3 platforms), slightly worried about a few, but they are also expired effectively, and you have a long enough history that I don't really mind them. In particular, I'm not a fan of multiple IE notes for staff.

I generally don't have any issues with your ingame behavior.

While im leaning +1 atm, ill only vote formally after you answer the follow-up questions to the full breakdown. (which are not posted at the time of writing this)
    Last edited by ito726; 03-12-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: clarified which notes worry me
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your questions are detailed and (SFAIK) mostly correct. I'm not sure if I have the experiance needed to do a question-by-question breakdown but there isn't anything major I've picked up on as being wrong.

The only thing I want to add is even new players get notes, unless it is very clearly a dumb mistake they've learnt from or a complete accident. If they meant to commit a rulebreak, but just didn't know it was a rulebreak they should still get noted as it is our way of tracking player histories. Essentially letting players off of notes because they are new, is fine in some situations, but usually notes are just a good way of keeping records.

I won't touch the stuff about discord activity as I think it's fine, and silencer has made it clear that they think it's fine too.
    I will say that I think you should have all staff unblocked on discord even if you don't talk with them. You don't have to be friends but you have to be contactable in an emergency (whatever constitutes a CM emergency lol).

Apart from that, great app, great player who is fun to chat with big +1 from me. GO MENTORS!
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have begged, yelled and asked other staff members to vote this, I'm guessing they are just aren't interested in who we're recruiting, or are fine with this application either way which is fine be me honestly.

I know you well enough to know you'll do fine. Application accepted. Good luck. The dreaded Discord DM of doom will be sent to you soon.
    Senior Administrator