0 Thread(s)

Sandvich123 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Sandvich123

Player Name You Use Most?
    Nasoki 'Coward' Chen

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    None

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC -8

What is your discord username and handle?
    Sandvich#0314

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The commander is there to lead and make every round feel different. They're the head honcho that's meant to be the example to all the marines, and above all, lead the marines to victory. The CO for me personally is a way to make each round feel special, and add that extra RP when they can. The CO can deploy to lead the ground, rallying marines and being a central figure leading some crazy maneuvers. They can also chose to stay behind shipside and mentor or watch a new XO, and simply guide the OP from CIC. The CO is also there to ensure people have fun, not in an exgarted low rp way, but with new tactics and creating a nice environment where people can learn without fearing they will get called a baboon for a mistake anyone else would have made.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    It started in 2019, after seeing some of the great COs on CM. Recently I've seen more just "base" plans being pushed and I'm tired of them. I didn't think I met the standards for a long time to be one of those great ungags, but I've found more confidence in myself after playing XO for a while. I see command was nothing to be scared about, and it can be fun if everything falls in place how you imagined it. I wanna be one of the greats, and use this platform to create a fun, interesting round for everyone even if that means I may have a poor round.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Extremely familiar. While I do get tunnel vision here and there when focusing on squads, I can confidently say I understand round flow, and can manage a round by myself in CIC without any support. I also have experience leading on the ground as field XO, rallying the troops, and my specialties are FOB holds leading to a shipside victory. While I wouldn't say I'm new or incompetent to command, I'm always still learning from the veterans on what to do

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?

More from time wipe, but no one cares about that

(time for all my roles): https://gyazo.com/df5b5c054c890956c7...575de239712fce

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Very familiar with all of them
    CE: Not much to do except decon the ship when it's authorized and prevent (or aid) MTs going to war with the MPs. Deploy your MTs to FOB to help build it, or make cool wire art 10/10 familiarity

RO: Cry as you get bombarded with request for mats and watch your budget get destroyed. It's also dealing with the rush hour when marines need attachments for their guns, and also allowing CTs to deploy to retrieve crates. 10/10 familiarity

CMP: This role I need to keep a wiki tab for ML, and I haven't played it since 2019. The CMPs job consist of, advise CIC on ML matters, manage the brig and try to stop round start riots. Most important thing the CMP has to do, is guide MPs, ensure they themselves follow ML, and assist new players dipping their toes into the role. I may start playing CMP again as I will be dealing with CMPs myself, and may have to guide them when they're lost. 7/10 on familiarity

CMO: Haven't played it since 2019, but not to hard. Not sure how research has changed, but seeing how shipside doctors have been gutted, it's mostly deploy docs to the medapc, make sure chemistry is being dealt with, and giving researchers assistances with their stims. Interact with the CL here and there 8/10

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    So for ML I know it, but could know it much better. I usually have a tab open while playing any roles that rely on ML just so I can cross check anything I say or enforce. While I don't lack knowledge, I could always brush up on it during my free time.

The SOP I also keep a tab open just to review it and understand. 9/10 on SOP

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    1. BEs should only be used as stated on the BE guidelines. It's to show who's in charge and also stop major threats to the operation. It shouldn't be used to solve an argument cause a SO called you "a dumb pile of shit". Ex: A marine steals all the tcomm parts and hides them. Later in briefing same marine is yelling racial slurs and starts shooting rubber bullets at me that they stole from the CL. I'd announce their crimes, whip out the degal, and BE them.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    If the crimes aren't a capital crime and are critical to the round. Ex: The only engineer is arrested for wearing a paper hat instead of their helmet and no one else at all can setup comms, I would pardon them.

I would make sure to never pardon someone for capital crimes regardless if I feel they were innocent

I would never pardon someone for killing Jones.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Sandvich; 02-23-2022 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar and improved answers a tiny bit to my standards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasoki is an amazing SL, SO and XO. EASY +1. He is a great SO. Communicates well. DAMN fine SL. Inspires his marines. Fights in unconventional uniform. GOD SPEED. I wish to stand along side you as CO in time. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played quite a bit of XO with them, they are a excellent SO and XO extremely capable at CiC. They also are prone to RPing on occasion this is a definite +1
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasoki is an epic XO/SL and actually RPs even when in pretty difficult situations, I think he’d be a great fit for CO. +1
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up to anyone reading the story, I will be chopping off the enlisted part after hearing some good input. Everything else will stay the same. I only put it in before to show that he came from an "uneducated" background and had no choice to enlist showing his true...just mid style. Muchos gracias to those that have already commented

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this guy as my XO on several occasions and he is pretty good, better than me sometimes.
    +1
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chens been a great XO for me lately and I often deploy him as SO where he does an actual job of leading marines, coordinating mortar/CAS and communicating on command comms instead of just being a tac shotty PFC. +1 from me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated Chens story to remove the enlisted part, replaced it as his time as a cadet. (Real life wouldn't have your cadet record unless there was a major incident but it felt boring leaving it empty). I'll add the other medals COs have given me when I have the time. Everything else will stay the same. Thanks to all the goats for the +1s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasoki is an extreme boss for CM and I've seen them in command so much for even how little I've been playing recently! I definitely see this man becoming one of the best in history for the WL someday! They're very vibrant and have had a lot of various experiences with the server. Every time I roll CO and have them along, especially as SO, I usually send them groundside because they have a natural cohesion around themself and people simply follow them! I haven't seen them as SL but it definitely shows each time they have an opportunity to groundside. Hope to see you soon!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is good at commanding, gains respect from his men. Listens to and answers comms... he has good plans and takes command seriously while keeping it casual and entertaining. 11/10 +1 from me