1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VortexGaming - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    VortexGaming

Marine Name
    Kaitlynn "Maverick" Lawson, Alicia. I have been playing Xeno a lot recently however

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ja'akir Aki

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Negative. I have not been banned on any server in SS13 besides an EORG ban over a year ago.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Of course, I wouldn't be making this app if I wasn't

Yautja Character Story
    Ja'akir Aki and his Story.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

After Ja'akir's first hunt.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Ja'akir is first and foremost a follower of the old ways of the Yautja to the point of obsession. Ja'akir believes he is a chosen of the Gods, even if he is not, though is not plagued with delusions of grandieur. He will cooperate with his hunting party, though Ja'akir despises unnecessary technology and would instead rely on more conventional weaponry, such as daggers and spears to be as honorable as possible, and will refuse to congratulate his comrades or even berate them should they exploit their gadgets to an offensive degree. I will play Ja'akir in a compulsive way and dedicate his playstyle solely to melee skirmishes, with limited ranged weaponry.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is one between two similarly equipped and skilled adversaries with no intervention or foul play. The duel must also be consensual, that means that both parties involved must agree to the duel. If one party is more equipped than the other, they should either handicap themselves for a fair fight or give the other party more equipment to keep things even. A hunt does not require consent from the prey (otherwise they would not be prey) and more equipment is suffered to the hunter than to their prey. It is generally looked down upon if one hunter engages in another hunter's marked prey, but not the degree of a hunter intervening in an honor duel. A hunt also results in the death of the hunter or the prey in most cases, but an honor duel does not necessarily need to be to the death, but the victor of the duel may take a trophy from the loser regardless.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Will often preach to other predators about how hunters should behave, but will cooperate and even be friendly provided they do not blaspheme the Gods are become too reliant on their technology. This behavior can lead to interesting character development from other predators as they decide on how to react to Ja'akir's faith.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I am interested in the roleplaying potential of being a predator. I have played the AVP games, watched the movies, and want to create a fun and honorable roleplaying experience for myself and other predator players. I have been with the community for some time, acquired two out of three white lists, and I believe its time for the third.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by VortexGaming; 02-23-2019 at 05:28 AM. Reason: A few fixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm extremely confused about how your pred acts, are you saying they'll shit on people for using the HPC against the unworthy?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 Didn't feel like I was reading a Predator story, and the parts that reference Yautja society or lore seemed off to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    I'm extremely confused about how your pred acts, are you saying they'll shit on people for using the HPC against the unworthy?
    He prefers the other Yautja including himself won�t use unneeded technology if he was getting attacked by a group of unworthy xenos and the pred HPC�s he wouldn�t comment, but if the Yautja HPC�s a single running warrior he was hunting he might make a comment on how that�s apart of the hunt.
    Last edited by VortexGaming; 02-24-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    -1 Didn't feel like I was reading a Predator story, and the parts that reference Yautja society or lore seemed off to me.
    Apologies you feel this way, I�m not a lore expert. I know only a collection of information due to Yautja society being a relative mystery so I decided to take some liberties. Based on the AVP 2010 game, I know Yautja train in temples. According to the Avp movies, Yautja also seed Temples so they can fight serpents to prove their worth.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you react if another Predator said your worship of a certain god was foolish and silly?

IE: A predator says you worship the wrong god, and should worship X god instead?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    How would you react if another Predator said your worship of a certain god was foolish and silly?

IE: A predator says you worship the wrong god, and should worship X god instead?
    Depending on how insulting the other Pred is, Ja'akir will most likely Preach about how his gods are superior to any false god the other Yautja claims to believe. Ja'akir will go from kindness to being showy and insulting. If the other Pred continues to insult the gods Ja'akir believes in, he will most likely try to incite an honor duel.
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This person actually can handle all the responsibility of Predator role. +1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story was well written and I enjoyed it. I know you can roleplay and like Vitoras said, I am certain you are capable of handling the role.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over all the story wasn't bad, and I don't mind the traditional type who wants to scold others.
    I'll throw a +1 here.