0 Thread(s)

Divryne - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Divryne

Player Name You Use Most?
    Gary 'GOON' Greyson

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    NO APPEALS TO LIST

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    Yes

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC-5

What is your discord username and handle?
    Corn 'CHAINSAW' Carson#1840

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To lead their marines and the staff that support them to glorious victory.

A Commander is one who stands a cut above the rest; an individual who demonstrates their leadership ability time and time again.

Whether it is by coordinating assaults and battle tactics from the CIC or bravely leading an infantry charge into the heart of enemy lines, the job of a Commander is to oversee operations and their procedures.

But this is only part of their job.

A Commander must also be able to keep the peace between departments and ensure that they are doing their part.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    There is no moment better than to see your soldiers come back home waving the captured flags of the enemy, their heads held high in pride. We have all seen the effect that a good or bad CO can have on operations. I wish to help these marines earn that feeling of pride in spades.

It is plain to see that some are born to lead and some are born to follow.

Gary Greyson was born to lead,
    and I am Gary Greyson.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Pouring over stacks upon stacks of papers and documents sent through fax by the USCM High Command, a young Staff Officer notices a bizarrely annotated slip and pulls it from amidst the pile.

"47596301...." He blinks as his eyes wander to the name written on the top left of the paper. "Gary Greyson? No way he-"

(for the document mentioned in this story, go to https://imgur.com/gallery/l0Pupqb)

A stern voice executes the sentence with the sharp inhale of air and a venomous tone. "What the hell is this, Jim?"

"SIR!" Saluting out of panic, the young Staff Officer goes as stiff as a board, standing at the ready.

The older man takes a long drag of a cheap knockoff ladyfinger cigarette, and lets the smoke blow directly into his underling's eyes. "Retire that hand staffie, and give me the advise on that file."

The SO immediately relaxes a little as the tension is broken, and between gasps for air and the budging sound of clenching teeth a faint paper tapping is heard as the form hits the floor.

The Executive Officer sighs and turns back towards the SO.

Blinking rapidly, The SO steadies himself beneath the XO's crushing gaze as he kneels to retrieve the fallen document. "It's a voided DD214 sir, b-but-"

"Shut your whiny mouth and give it here!" Barks as he snatches the form from the SO, who proceeds to take several steps back, watching from behind a tac-map table emplacement as his superior officer inspects the hideous document.

His mouth lay agape. "Gary fucking Greyson....."

Turning his head to meet the SO's worried gaze, the XO is as pale as a ghost as they remain fixed in place silently; his eyebrows threatening to escape his face as they raise higher and higher.

Suddenly the blue reinforced doors of the CIC bulge and explode open, smoke billowing into the room from all entrances as the two men scramble for cover.

"THAT WOULD BE COMMANDER GREYSON TO YOU, XO!" A half Long Island Canadian / half South Detroit drawl shouts menacingly over a handheld megaphone.

The SO and XO draw their sidearms, but are nigh instantly disarmed by a pair of hellishly thunderous shots roaring out from within the dissipating smoke cloud.

"THANK YOU FOR KEEPING MY CHAIR WARM WHILE I WAS GONE, FARTLY!" The powerful voice booms as a single figure steps into view.

The Officers could not believe the sight that lay before them.

Before them stood a humongous man who's silhouette could have been cut straight from solid stone. His eyes firm and piercing, carving a vicious line through the bravery of both men huddled beneath the desk he had jumped atop. The grin he held on his face utterly betrayed the sheer weight of his presence in the room, and as he stepped down off the plastic table (which had nearly bowed to the floor under his immense weight) to give the terrified officers a hand up off the floor from which they lay they each noticed a large tattoo carved into the vastness of his left bicep.

'2/15/04'

Hauling the officers to their feet, Greyson laughs and jams an unlit cigar into his mouth before putting his ridiculously overbuilt arms around them. "It's good to be back home boys," He pauses, gesturing to the wrecked door with a knife handed point. "Now fix that door before high command finds out or it's your asses. I got marines to address."

The Executive Officer sighs and turns back towards the SO once more, this time with a tired face devoid of his once present commanding attitude.

"Sir yes sir," the XO grumbles. "Oorah."

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Through time served as XO and SO, and through time observing and working with CO's, I have cultivated a wealth of knowledge and experience. From giving concise and inspiring briefings to loading the OB when you're the only one in command who can.

I am fully versed in all aspects of leading marines both from the CIC and on the ground.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    18.1 HOURS and counting

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    While I have no interest in taking up the mantle of any role that doesn't put me in combat or in charge of combat personnel, I have studied under and worked alongside some of the best of the best as far as engineers and requisitions. I am well aware and learned in the job and duties of the CMP, and I enjoy working with CMOs whenever possible.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    I keep them bookmarked and pinned in chrome on my second monitor nearly all the time, and always when I play XO or SO. better safe than sorry

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    If a marine or staff kills or attempts the murder of any other soldier or staff, they may be entitled to a high impact round to the dome and a big ol' announcement saying why.

any time a marine opens fire on a command staff or department head with intent to kill, they will be met with equal force and a deagle round, money back guarantee. let the crew know who fucked up and when, and then let them know that they won't be doing it again any time soon.

This goes for anyone and everyone. Traitors will be executed.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    If a man is wrongly accused of a crime that is later cleared from his record, he will be issued a full pardon and i will personally give him a cigar from my private collection as a token of solidarity; Command stands with justice and if justice is being abused, pardons will be used.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you a long time command player? From cakey's TLs? Have not seen you myself but some others have.

18.1 hours isn't sufficient without a solid record / previous experience as XO(30 is the minimum), so would you mind posting your playtimes in relevant roles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did play for a while Before the timelocks, actually.
    Due to policy stuff, I changed from Greytide to Greyholme then finally to Greyson.

current hours now are
    30.5 HOURS as SL
    20.6 HOURS as RTO
    9.1 HOURS as SO

Don't know of a way to access my pre TL playtimes
    Last edited by Gary Greytide; 02-24-2022 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to have 30 hours as XO in current playtime timelocks. Whether or not you played before timelocks, it's a part of the process and you need to have proof backing up that you have the needed experience for the application.

I highly suggest withdrawing the application for now, looking over previously accepted and denied applications, spending more time in-game developing your character and experience, and speaking with community members as well as a couple of the councilors to help develop an impressive applicant.

At this time, your application isn't up to standards and will likely be denied.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is denied, it is denied.

I would rather keep this up and see exactly where I must improve (in areas that are not just more playtime) than take it down and learn nothing (aside from that I need to play more XO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no CO, no councillor, no nothing but a fellow command player. I get what you mean with seeing where you need improvement but I would strongly advise you to follow the advice of UnclearDoctorMain from before.

Withdrawing your application doesn't mean you will learn nothing. Keeping it up means you will not learn much though. Because your application will most likely just get denied without many of the COs and councillors commenting on it based on the fact that... It just doesn't meet the criteria to submit an application : Having a 30 XO hours playtime.

If you withdraw it, you can easily fulfill the requirement of 30 hours within the next week and that also gives you time to ask COs and Councillors to review your app before resubmitting it.

Whereas if it gets denied, you won't be allowed to submit another one for the next 30 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 days is 30 days. I'm a patient man and I'll use those days to play out the hours. I thank you very much for your advice, but my schedule doesn't really allow for that kind of timing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love you old man, i'll see you become a CO on your next app xx

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry, but due to you not having enough XO hours at the time of this application's writing (it doesn't really matter how many you've racked up since, unfortunately), that's grounds for denial. I left this app open for a bit to see if anyone had any other feedback to give you, but now that that's ship's sailed, I'm gonna let it go.

Due to the delay in this I'll lower your reapplication date to 30 days from February 24, so you may reapply starting on March 26.

In the meantime, this application is denied. Come back when you've got the requirements met - we've listed 'em in the "Applying for the CO Whitelist" thread.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump