Byond ID?
    MauroVega

CM Character?
    Natalia 'Nutella' Quiroga

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    ART (Argentina Time) UTC/GMT -3 hours

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    6 to 12

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, Been mod many times while back and mentor too on this server

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Sometimes Hispania Station with some friends in spanish, and thats about it

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Not at all

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Once for a misunderstanding with a welder tank in engineering

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First off, check if the fire was an accident and or effect from a disarm, if it was, simply let the issue resolve itself as an IC problem, if not question them both if the scenario was RP'ed and properly escalated, lets say he emptied a whole mag, has no notes and has no clear intention of being a good player and log off after the fact, give them a day ban with a note about the issue, if they just did it cause they are new, warn him about the handling of guns, maybe get a mentor/SEA to help, a link to the rules and a note about the incident, the Mp's have the rest for the IC consequences

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Link them to the council report forum section since most issues with preds are handled by forums due to the listing more than mods itself, talk with the player Ahelping to try to understand what which part of the code was broken while giving them the players Ckey if needed in case of an immediate report

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Pm them to ask if they are as lost as they look, offering myself to guide them and or teach them IC if im around them, if i cant reach them, i'd contact a SEA and send them to their location if they rather get a hands on lesson over Pm's

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Overly aggresive actitude in Ahelps is a no-go, try to calm the situation by not falling into a shouting war, if they persist after warnings, notify them they will be banned due to their actitude, not before telling them that if an issue they felt was unresolved should be hanlded by making a staff report, not screaming at staff

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Start checking notes while i contact them if they have been warned before for it, offering to change their name to something not extremely generic as per the rules, while making a note of it for the future

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Watch them for a while meanhile checking the notes to see if they attempt to frontline due to boredom, if clear of notes, leave it an IC issue for MP's to handle

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Contact them both to get both sides of the stories and check notes on the survivor, tell the survivor being hostile is a no-no unless they were spawned as CLF, if they have past notes on the issue, ban them, note and warning if clear, if no medics are nearby to heal the marine and he didnt fire back, heal him

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Start contacting both parties to get the full story, as sometimes marines can be quite dramatic as to their terms of arrest while avoiding details, if investigation shows the marine kept being hostile and a general dick towards Mp's, thus leading to his sentence being extended, warn him verbally about liying in Ahelps (Noting them if no notes present), NOW IF, if the Mp really did perma him for only and only taking an attachment off req's floor, i'd warn the Mp that merely stealing an attachment off req's floor is theft at best as most RO's literally allow marines to climb in, suggesting he reads Marine Law more carefully while alerting his superior officer of the issue so he can also get the lesson IC, if it was fully intented to simply be an asshole and abuse his power, ban him if he has notes, and noting while warning them if clear

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    From my previous experience these cases are mostly handled by admins as they have the last call, if no admins were present i'd maybe use Sm/Qm to nudge them softly without being too OOC to speed things

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp and notify the other mods, this has way too many flashbacks

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Ic issue purely, such as EORG aint allowed, enemies are still enemies after round end

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check the player's notes while contacting them (I dont know if mods can still sleep, but sleep them if they stole something critical AKA Spec weapon) and check his combat logs to confirm while im at it, notify them than this actitude is generally very LRP/Griefy and that triying to bait marines into inproper escalation is a no-no, noting them while warning them if they did it for keks or no clear reason other than "why not"

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Contact the murderer while questioning them both over the issue and check the combat logs to see who did what first, if it was a clean punch to killing, warn and note the marine about proper escalation, while also telling them that a punch while wearing armor (in most cases, damn RNG) will literally deal no damage, if hes clear apart from noting him tell him that if its a re ocurring thing to Ahelp instead of being a vigilante, if he has previous notes over escalation, temp ban if not a full ban depending his actitude over the talk

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    use MOOC to tell the wanna-be Mutiniers that a mutiny without staff approval is a no-go, if they ignore him start pm'ing them about the issue and note them if they ignore pm's (If Mods still have sleep, i'd sleep them if they persist), IF EVEN AFTER ALL THAT, being warnings, notes and PM's the mutiny persist, then its more serious and a ban may be at hand

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Check logs and notes of the marine at hand, while very minor jokes are fine, persistent racism/discrimination are a no-go, noting them on the issue, warning them if its the first case note

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    If they have previous notes (Lack of co-operation, EORG and the likes) Give them a week ban with a really note about it, while telling LOOC marines to not lynch the body and start healing them poor sods

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Pm the larva that what they just did is a no-no, if its a first issue warn them verbally while noting it, telling em why doing that is no good (although it should be very clear why) if its a re-ocurring theme, ban them

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Pm while noting them on the Queen issue and Net-Speak, Extremely LRP is no good while xenos should and can not go againts the queen nor disrecpect her

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    In this case, and this goes from experience previous and now a days, Xenos seem to use most direct words for marine equipment directly, being during or prior to contact, so im unsure on this case, before it would be a warn and a note that "Its not SADAR its Boomtube" or something like that, but recently it seems that its just, a sadar, i'd Sm them softly to nudge them that using the direct words at first contact without previous sight of it is kinda metay, but at the same time there is the ruling that as a hivemind they have had previous encounters with marines, therefore knowing what it is, but im still iffy on it

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd PM the command staff member in question notifiying them that its meta to know fully about the "Xenos" pre drop, while i'd note them about it for further cases, i feel similar to the previous question, it seems that this has severely dropped in enforcing/ruling, it seems quite common to be in marine preps and hear "xeno this" or "xeno that", i assume this would be enforced so im not against it, just clashes a bit, but to clarify both, i WILL enforce the rules, its just odd to see theory VS reality on the rounds

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd check if it was truly the last pod, and try to confirm with both witnesses if these wasnt any form of revenge/grudge from previous interactions, IF its really a flight or fight instinct and xenos are closing it, leave it as IC, NOW, if there were other open pods/it was a revenge act, i'd note the player/escalate on his actitude and warn him to avoid it next time

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    (Been there so many times) I'd calmly tell them to chill and or stop triying to "raise a mob to lynch me", if they persist after being told to calm down and just scream and shout, i'd formally PM them that if they persist they will recibe a short ban while nothing them on the issue, IF they stop after this, a warning should suffice, but if they continue after the formal warning, i'd give them the temp ban

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Ic issue, being SSD/AFK is not a shield to prevent any interaction, i'd recomend they look for a better spot next time or get a marine to drag them to avoid unfortunate events

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Simply tell em how or what is wrong with a link/clarification without being an asshole or a know-it-all about it

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    In the cases when this happened back when i was a mod, these problems would often be taken to Slack and discussed with the head mod/manager to get it clear without making a mosh-pit of discussion, i dont know if it is still used, but if not, i'd simply say i dont think it was the right call, but that it was their choice

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I been on this server for ages, quite literally, and i always wanted to give something back (and lets say dolars are not cheap in ARS) so thats an F, i been mentor and mod before, so i'd be happy to serve the community again

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    You need 3 things apart from a computer and internet: Patience, Patience and Paciencia

Anything else you
    Guess who's back

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies on the lack of answers, it seems that your app has gotten somewhat pushed to the side for no reason whatsoever.

I have pinged staff to fix this, so hopefully we can get your application processed within the week.
    Senior Administrator

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    We are less tolerant of it nowadays, but the answer is still fine.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Ok so for this one. There is no more first contact. Read the server rule on the rules page, probably a good idea to review all as they have been rewritten since you were last staff, both variants are fine nowadays.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    No charge for this one, it is still enforceable as before afaik. if you see it feel free to smack for it. People ahelp it less, so it is not as often noticed.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I believe the current ruling for this one is that they don't have to look around for another pod.

In the case of the last 2 questions, we use Discord now. And yeah protocol is to talk to their manager.

Other than the clarifications/updates above, it is what id expect from ex-staff, so not much to say tbh.

There are a few noticeable language issues in some of the answers, where it would be hard to know what you meant, were they not partially standard answers.

I don't know you, however, so I won't make any comments on that.

No recent notes on all 3 platforms, but you weren't particularly active in the recent years either from what I understand.

The biggest complaint I have is that you forgot to link the app where you were accepted into staff, the most recent one especially.

Overall, +1, conditional on someone who knows you vouching. I presume even if no one posts here, Silencer will ask someone from staff who knows you, so I'm not gonna wait for one and just assume it is a given as far as voting goes.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post

Snip
    In all honesty, i forgot the time i was made a mod by appliying, since the first time i was recruited from mentor to mod and i remember the 2 rejects mostly, my bad on that part, regarding the activity as far as i remember, i left around the time of techwebs since i was doing a lot of other stuff, and came back since october of 2021 and have been quite active since then, the reason i make the app is cause i intend to remain active, and help in some way, regarding the clarifications, its appreciated, sometimes reality and the rules itself dont seem on the same page so its usefull, and yeah, slack days are gone

1982-2022 Las Malvinas son y serĂ¡n Argentinas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former moderator, wasn't a poophead and retired in good standing. Should be no issues bringing them back.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your questions answers are mostly good. Some areas are outdated but that's not really an issue considering once you're modding the new rules will become apparent. I can't add anything that someone else hasn't already covered.

+1.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add insult to injury of this app sitting for way too long, I also answered the wrong one initially when I though I was answering yours.

Anyway, as Solider said, you are an ex-staff member in good standing and you tick all the right boxes. Application accepted. DM of doom incoming.
    Senior Administrator