User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Removing MP Protections (As a MP Main)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, no reason to make it vague just so you can fit someone into that so you can note/ban them, just make it a clear rule in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    MPs do not have any additional protections outside of the RP standards and Rules we enforce for every Marine player:

- Lethal escalation is only justified in life threatening situations. Getting arrested is not a life threatening situation.

- Acting in a way that disrupts the flow of the round, especially before first drop, is covered by our roundstart shenanigans rule. It is not on the MP that you decided to try and avoid IC responsibility for your IC actions by running onto a Dropship in hopes it creates a riot if they go through with the arrest. And do not give me the "skill issue" response - if the MPs do indeed robust the entire dropship with the tools they have at their disposal, the argument very quickly reverts to "well they shouldn't be making DS arrests in the first place". No. The MPs are obligated by the rules to respond to your actions. And you will be held responsible if your shenanigans' end up derailing the round.

We also tried removing MPs as a test and as far as I could tell almost everyone in staff who watched it go down hated it. As did a fair share of the players.

MPs have a place in current CM because we are an RP sever and they are a RP-heavy role. There are no plans on removing them (and in our current situation I, in my capacity as Manager consider any idea that starts with "remove MPs" a nonstarter and will not consider it) or to change the expectations for the roles in any significant way as for the most part they currently serve their purpose and most issues caused by dropship arrests were resolved by establishing enforcement standards as they currently are.
    The irony is that MPs are literally metaganging 0 RP shits that refuse to engage with anyone thats not an MP. Saying that its important that MPs exist for roleplay is pretty illegitimate, as they will literally muzzle and straightjacket you for attempting to talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    We also tried removing MPs as a test and as far as I could tell almost everyone in staff who watched it go down hated it. As did a fair share of the players.

MPs have a place in current CM because we are an RP sever and they are a RP-heavy role. There are no plans on removing them (and in our current situation I, in my capacity as Manager consider any idea that starts with "remove MPs" a nonstarter and will not consider it) or to change the expectations for the roles in any significant way as for the most part they currently serve their purpose and most issues caused by dropship arrests were resolved by establishing enforcement standards as they currently are.
    >CM
    >RP
    Dude don't lie. This is not a heavy RP server. This is BARELY an MRP server. Hivechat is full of memes, Marines act like braindead teenagers. MP's have no place here, nor do they have a place taking up half the top deck that could be used for more useful roles for both RP purposes, and for groundside fighting. The fact that MP's can take you out of a round for twenty minutes at least. Where that can be the difference between a successful drop and a xeno major. For literally violating a second set of of rules. You want your IC rule enforcement for crimes? Make an honor gaurd. Personal hands of the commanding officer. Keep the Riot ERT for riots. Replace the 20 rooms of the brig no one uses with useful shit (IO, Corporate offices if you're intent on RP, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ngl I honestly think MP players are bots cause they seem to short circuit the moment you even hint at deviating from written rulings. yknow like an AI with a lawset.

coinci-dink??? i think not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow MP's to go to the FOB for more interesting roleplay, so it's less boring for them. In a warzone MP's would be present at key bases along defensive lines to handle civil and military issues that arise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    Allow MP's to go to the FOB for more interesting roleplay, so it's less boring for them. In a warzone MP's would be present at key bases along defensive lines to handle civil and military issues that arise.
    so they can get marines capped? sabotage FOB seiges and then be chucked under the DS when they flashbang 2/3rds of the frontline in a siege because a delta did DSAO?