Hello FF-enablers. Today I present a tool to help you calculate what chemicals and amounts to use in your custom made OT grenades. Links are at the bottom.

How does it work?

If you're not familiar with Desmos, it's basically an online graphing calculator thing. You can do lots of cool shit with it. I used two different Desmos graphs to calculate grenade effects. One calculates flame mixes, the other calculates explosive mixes. The way it works is that each axis represents one of the chemicals you want to use, then regions of the graph are shaded based on the resulting flame or explosion statistics (radius, intensity, and duration or power and falloff).

No, I mean how do I use it?

There are instructions on the fucking graphs. But if you need me to spell it out for you step by step, here you go.
  1. Pick which casing you are going to use, then use the chem capacity of that casing as C_max, and if you're on the explosive calculator, set the default falloff for that casing as F_default.
  2. Set the final statistics (Power & Falloff or Intensity, Radius, & duration) to the desired statistics you're looking for. Usually you just want your casing maximum for these, except falloff, which you will want at the minimum value of 25.
  3. Enter the chems you want to use in your grenade. Near the bottom, all the chem names are listed out. C_x will be on the X axis, and C_y will be on the y axis. C_z is weird and I'll talk about it later.
  4. Look at the fucking graph. Just look at it for a second.
  5. Each point on the graph represents a chem mixture. If you pick the point (30, 60) that'll represent a mix containing 30u of C_x and 60u of C_y.
  6. There should be 2-3(depending on which calculator you used) shaded regions(probably overlapping) on the graph. For the FLAME graph, if a point is in the Red, the intensity is good, green means radius good, black means duration good. For the EXPLOSIVE graph, Red = Power good, Green = falloff good.
  7. You can now tinker with the sliders. Mostly move the z slider around to see how adding more of chemical Z would affect the mixture.

Words hard! Text bad!

BombChems.jpg
FlameChems.jpg

Where is it?

Oh yeah.
Explosive calculator is here: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/zuhzpudzh0
Flame calculator is here: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/xk205jebej

Q&A

Q: Why is the graph shaped weird?
A: The chemical amounts are limited such that they will always add to <= C_max in the shaded regions. Points that are up and to the right will not be able to fit into a grenade with capacity of C_max

Q: What's the deal with chemical Z?
A: The graph only has two axes, but sometimes you might want 3 chemicals. So, you set C_Z and adjust the z-slider manually to see how adding a third chemical would affect the mixture.

Q: I can't see all the shaded regions!
A: You probably chose bad chems or set your desired stats too high. Try tinkering with the desired stats, or changing the chems for C_x, C_y, and C_z.

Q: Why don't you just put it all on one graph?
A: It's a little too much info for one graph. If you're trying to make a device that uses both flames and explosions, I would recommend fiddling with C_max such that the explosive C_max and the flame C_max combines to the actual capacity of your grenade. Or if people want I could actually make a combined graph.

Q: Any interesting insights from this?
A: Mostly that the current chems available for OTs are kinda... bad. Not bad as in ineffective, but bad because the system lacks depth. You'll notice that the vast majority of chems are just useless. Look at flame chems: The only two worth using in any of your mixtures are ethanol and napalm. It's like each chem like hydrogen or carbon is supposed to be specialized, but they're all bad because ethanol is easy to get and good enough for almost all purposes, while napalm is basically ethanol but twice as good. Explosive chems are a little more varied, but still wanting.

Think this sucks? Let me know down below.
Think this rocks? Join the club, ha ha ha.