User Tag List

Thread: MisterMoon - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MisterMoon - Synthetic Application

app withdrawn as it has been completely redone and i have gotten more experience
    Last edited by Mr Moon; 03-24-2022 at 09:46 PM. Reason: withdrawing in favour of a better one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right...

I'm posting here so the others don't have to spend time explaining in depth, or simply denying it and not elaborating just to give Ya an idea on the status of this application, and the synthetic app process in general.

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    to the point, more serious with a comforting "nice side"
    The Story and Quirk are intrinsically linked in a synthetic application. Your quirk and personality in its itself are vaguely described on the application, and frankly dont consist of much of a quirk or description of how your synthetic will act. It might be slightly neglibile on the application to include such a vague description of Key in the slot if the story made up for it. But the case is NOT so, the story does not showcase how your synthetic acts other than the default android behavior and or quirk less personality of being serious or nice (occasionally?). Whitelists help on the discord is a great place to discuss your quirk and personality, and work to improve the concept.

Again, as said in the application thingy links your synthetic quirk and personality can be really mild, but you still have to have it, and have it showcased. as of right now this app shows neither, remember the story is not just to tell how well you can write, but to mainly showcase what and who you're going to be playing.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can work my way around a door, build and upgrade cades and know a thing or two on where to place said cades

How familiar are you with Command?
    I can give off a few strategies, such as being able to see traps

How familiar are you with Medical?
    i have 62 hours in medical roles, can do surgeries, research, larva removal and chems

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    i havent done much of it but I have played quite a bit of marines so i know where most items are in the menus

Medical
    On a different note you mainly play medical (doctor/nurse/CMO), and your competency is of note in a negative direction. You started, to my knowledge, playing these roles about 2 weeks or so ago, with my first experiences with you in the role being quite dreadful. You often deployed to the ground, taking the surgical webbing, not knowing any surgeries, and being dead silent on comms without a word to the CMO or other medical staff.

I have not seen you play medic, and quite frankly I try to avoid you if I see you in the med apc/medical as to avoid a dreadful experience I've firsthand witnessed and witnessed others go through. So PLEASE, get some more experience and ask others for feedback on how you're doing in the medical roles.

Command: Ive never once seen you in a higher squad position (RTO,SL,ENG,Medic even). Zero MP, zero SO, Zero XO. This question is mainly designed to make sure you know the ins and outs of CIC consoles/supply and comms usage. However you seem to have a very limited concept of command roles in general, again your wanting to be a synthetic, which requires knowledge of every single department's in and out, you dont have to be a CMD main, just know the mechanics and gameflow. You also have to know ML to the letter, as you are not allowed to break it in any way.

Engineering: Ive never seen you MT, squad engi, CE, or (anything with engi skills). Im not going to bother asking engineering questions, however id likely fear the answers if I did. While you say you can do things relating to engineering, I again cannot vouch for it, nor can you supply so willingly your engineering hours as adamantly as you did your medical hours. Then again, times does not equal experience. Same process as medical, get out there and play! get recognized and always ask for feedback!.

Requisitons: I do not believe, as you have almost admitted, played req or other roles that fill in for req experience, Such as Command or SEA. Again, you dont have to be a req main, same process of getting practice/experience as the others.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If a marine comes up to me and starts attacking me i am able to attack them until they are subdued, if they run away i don't pursue and I don't attack if they are down
    primary objective is to get out of the combat situation
    *cough, what? I forgot to mention above on why you want to be a synth, but the synthetic is often on dangers doorstep. You will be deployed commonly, and you will likely be bashed and burned by Xenos.

the glaring issue is.... marines attacking you? remember, your 100% bound to ML in every way, therefore you follow all self defense clauses in that respect. im going to assume this is a typo and you meant xenos attacking you... as otherwise that would be a completly unacceptable way of handling a slightly hostile marine.

The answer itself is incredibly copy-pasty in regards to other synthetic applications and perhaps even the synthetic guidelines page. Provide some scenarios, and more examples of cases in which you would actually have to perform combat such as transfers between areas of operations or something of that ilk. look at accepted apps for proper examples of how you should answer a combat question in your own words.

Overall this application is, I hate to say it incredibally low effort and frankly your skills, experience, and interaction with the community are just not there yet. Youve got a bit to go, Id suggest singing up on the discord and asking for help here in there in WL help and just in general for feedback.

You yourself, ive noticed can be rather questionable to play with. Get your name out there, and most importantly sharpen up your interpersonal skills and the like, ive noticed a certain air of hostility in some interactions I've witnessed with you between people. Not to mention some outright baldo-style griefing.

Enough said, as I dont have too much else to analyze. My verdict, for whatever the point would be, is a confident -1
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna clear up some things, most of the points you are using are from when i first joined for example, when i wouldnt respond while in apc, thats because i didnt even know how to use basic comms at the time, let alone medical comms, you also mention how i was bad at surgery, would have been from the time where i had around 2-3 hours on doctor since thats when i mostly went apc, in contrast i have over 10 times the amount of hours since then (also during those 2-3 hours i encountered a bug which wouldnt allow me to perform larva removal surgery)
    Also i have a feeling that you yourself havent seen me enough to be making a few of these claims considering my most played roles are doctor roles yet you claim to have never seen me as a doctor
    I have also played mt and CMO so thats where engineering and command comes from

A quick detour to address something elee, yes i ment to say xeno regarding the conflict situation
    The lines also often have 3 types, the combat line consisting of marines, second line consisting of medics and engis, third line being a fall back point, often fob with bravo, synthetics would best perform in the second line, also known as not directly in combat, hence my wording

Will also admit that the “personality” i said was a bit crap to say the least and the story could have more detail such as a story esc part to get a bit more of said personality shown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Moon View Post
    Gonna clear up some things, most of the points you are using are from when i first joined for example, when i wouldnt respond while in apc, thats because i didnt even know how to use basic comms at the time, let alone medical comms, you also mention how i was bad at surgery, would have been from the time where i had around 2-3 hours on doctor since thats when i mostly went apc, in contrast i have over 10 times the amount of hours since then (also during those 2-3 hours i encountered a bug which wouldnt allow me to perform larva removal surgery)
    Also i have a feeling that you yourself havent seen me enough to be making a few of these claims considering my most played roles are doctor roles yet you claim to have never seen me as a doctor
    I have also played mt and CMO so thats where engineering and command comes from

A quick detour to address something elee, yes i ment to say xeno regarding the conflict situation
    The lines also often have 3 types, the combat line consisting of marines, second line consisting of medics and engis, third line being a fall back point, often fob with bravo, synthetics would best perform in the second line, also known as not directly in combat, hence my wording

Will also admit that the “personality” i said was a bit crap to say the least and the story could have more detail such as a story esc part to get a bit more of said personality shown
    Right.

The reason im still using points from when you first joined is because im still hesitant to say ive noticed an massive improvement, as a few incidents were just witnessed in the past few days.

I did NOT say that ya didn't play doctor, I did say that you have never played combat medic (which you havent denied). infact I noted that you have mained doctor for the past weeks, just that I wasn't confident in your ability at the moment.

As for the Command and Engineering, CMO does not count in terms of command experience, it may be roped into head positions, but the question in regards to synthetics is mainly mechanically focused to know the ins and outs of communication, and CIC operations. Neither of which the CMO has to actively partake in.

As for your MT work, ive not seen you deployed, you are able to get your experience for engineering in as a MT while groundside (with FOB and whatnot). or even better as a combat tech. Although, again I have not seen you in the roles actively so I cannot form a grounded impression.

And your right, synthetics DO perform best in the support lines of an operation, however you shouldent be afraid to get just a little closer to the front to heal marines or place a barricade, as long as your not going to get yoinked or wrecked. Just dont place yourself in a dire situation, my criticism of the answer was mainly to point ya towards a future answer that contained a bit more in terms of examples and scenarios to give us a better feeling of how much you understand about synthetic combat rules.

Okay.. I think I can wrap it up now. If you have any further questions, im not sure how long this app will remain open, so please sign up for the discord and get certified to view the Whitelist application channels!

Additionally, my discord is Taterthetank#9038 if you want to discuss anything, and uh I would also like to see your overall playtimes to see what needs to be worked on.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Tater covers the shortcomings in this application sufficiently and offers you several avenues to seek help.

My advice as the newest member of the synth whitelist, if you choose to apply again would be:
    1) Ask for help on Discord from the appropriate channel and especially for others to review your application prior to posting it
    2) Take the time to review previous applications that have both been approved and denied and try to mirror those which were successful in terms of answers and story
    3) Prior to submitting, take time to review your spelling and grammar, while the whitelist doesn’t require you to be a fluent in English, it does require an ability to communicate with others effectively. When you submit an application with soelling and grammar issues it distracts reader’s from the message you are trying to get across.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tater covered everything, I'd grab some more experience and ask around in the #whitelist-app-help thread. We synth players want more synth players, we're not some weird stuck up club. If you go there and ask for help myself, other synth players, and our councilors will help you out. I'd recommend withdrawing the app so you can start getting those 30 days before reapplying down and grinding those roles out.
    Synth Gaming

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth quirk is not a quirk. Try to steer clear of "vulcan" synths and "autism" synths when you clear things up. They are the most commonly applied and most commonly rejected.

Your quirk should make your synrh stand out and be nearly identifiable. Roll with something you like.

How good are you at chems? Because I would anticipate being either chems or req to start alot of rounds so they are key to know both.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if its fine with a mod can i just close this one and come back in a month when i got all the issues ironed out
    rewriting the story to be a story and getting hours on things like req, command roles and engineering
    also getting a personality rather than a vague description

(story was updated by the way, just dont mind it if you are just clicking on it now, probably wont make sense with the current context)
    Last edited by Mr Moon; 03-10-2022 at 10:59 PM. Reason: updated story

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn.
    Synthetic Senator