Bill Stone

Other Whitelist Applications
    //showthrea...ic-Application

My old synth application.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Nathan

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Nathan is a hype-man type synth that is intended to keep workers and personnel happy. He is specifically designed to raise morale, ensuring that the workplace is running smoothly and all the workers are happy. Equipped with an "Anti-Negativity" behavior module, he is always optimistic and looks at the bright side of things. He is reliable and quick, determining the best and most positive outcomes. Although its reported that synths are "unable to portray emotions" or "they just feel... weird! Its uncanny" 9 out of 10 workers recommend and applaud the units performance. Nathan is programmed to serve at any work force, be it a mining facility or an army battalion. He will refer to his co- workers as "Friend" or with their name, He will address command personnel with their rank.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    The reason i would like to play synth is very simple, the synth players i have interacted with are all amazing, wonderful people who have given me a love for the role as well. I would like to return the favor by putting in my effort into the whitelist, trying my best to introduce new role play into the server and hopefully keep the whitelist up to the standards.

Another, more game-play related reason is being a jack of all trades while, being mostly restrained from combat, which is a very important part of the game sounds like a whole new experience that might keep me going for longer playtime wise. I also love support roles.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    This is hard to answer, not because i don't have a memorable interaction but rather because i have TOO many in a short time. As i have mentioned one of the biggest reasons i applied is because of other synthetic players.
    This is a good one :
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...79/unknown.png
    This was also pretty funny, Dale got trapped in a room with a young queen and put her in crit
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...88/unknown.png
    (its not very visible, apologies)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Other then that, my most memorable is when dale went into xeno back lines to save my burning body when i was an SO, right as we were evacuating, which made me think "Wow these synths are very reliable and kinda cool"

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Nathan helps out a new cargo technician then performs surgery.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    -I know most things about engineering, how to repair barricades, very damaged barricades, fix APC'S, generators, and doors. I know how to reload and chamber the orbital cannon.

- I know how to build walls and dismantle them, alongside knowing how to build most other structures.

-I've also played some OT to learn as with research, i can do max caps and i know synths don't usually work in OT however, some experience under my belt could never hurt.

How familiar are you with Command?
    - I'm very familiar with command. I know how to operate the supply pads, use the Overwatch console, transfer marines to other squads, make announcements, and set the AA.

-It's probably my least favorite to play but i still know how to do so when required.

-I also know ML

How familiar are you with Medical?
    -I'm very familiar with medical now, both as an HM and an APC Doc, especially since my first application, i played a lot more medical to get confident and learn.

I would go as far as to say i basically know everything in medical to be able to operate the entire med bay, alone if i had to. I improved and learned the chem line as it was my only downside and now i am confident i can operate it too.

My motto is "Fractures fear me, blood vessels fix themselves in my presence"

I also played a lot of research, i know synths don't get asked to do it but i wanted to at the very least, be able to teach someone new or do it if its really needed.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    -I'm familiar enough with requisitions to be able to, operate the line with speed, ready up a fob crate, send/work ASRS. There's not much to say about requisitions as its mostly about memorizing what is where. I stated what i would put in a crate in my last application but i would gladly answer it, if anyone asks in the replies.

However, my WO requisitions is still not at the best shape because i simply refuse to play WO.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    -I am dragging a marine who is in critical condition back to safety, there is no body around me and i am attacked by a runner. I quickly hit it once or twice if i can and try to get it to run away however, i do not chase it nor leave the marine alone.

-I am holding lifeboats with marines, it falls and i somehow slip out the cracks, i am able to rip and tear my way to safety as its delta alert.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Thanks to Gnorse, Warraker, and all the other council members for helping me put this together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a synthetic myself, but I've had numerous interactions with Bill Stone. I haven't seen them in departments besides Requisitions, which they did a great job in, but I can say that this player is very friendly and welcoming to roleplay scenarios. They connect with others easily and click with situations for great RP very quickly! So, in the aspect of roleplay, they are 100% in the top margin for it!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and thank you for applying to the synthetic whitelist.

let's start off what's good about this application -

Combat question answered correctly, although could have given a few more examples

Seemingly good competencies in roles, I haven't been playing much as of late but it seems UnclearDoctorMain can vouch for you in req at least

now for what could be improved -

The quirk. It's very flat and surface level, and from the story all that it seems it amounts to is calling people "friend" and acting in a quite shallow manner. Calling people "friend" is more of a typing gimmick and is not a personality quirk - it doesn't really change what you talk about, or how you say it. To me it seems that you haven't properly understood what the purpose of a synthetic's quirk is, and you have not read prior accepted applications.

Story. Same issues with the quirk as I mentioned above, and has multiple errors of tense (story starts in present tense then switches to past), odd use of some words ("the air now seething with awkwardness", " shouting in a rudely manner", " most left vendor is for attachments", "said Nathan, before putting her (???) patient on the surgery table"), and seems to be a rehash of your last application's story which explains why it does not properly showcase the quirk. Good spelling, grammar, English skill and maybe even some wit is important to have as a synthetic player and your story fails to showcase any of that.

Recent note. You got a note at the end of February for frontlining as a doctor which does not give me great confidence on your ability to follow or full understanding of synthetic guidelines.

For these reasons, -1
    Last edited by Stan_albatross; 03-21-2022 at 05:21 PM. Reason: did this on phone so fixing repeated words
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback. The note in my opinion was a bit unneeded i was misinformed at the time about "frontlining" as i was doing surgery north of hydro (hydro was in fact secure) and i was thinking that because xenomorphs were deep in the caves and i was basically in front of hydro i would be safe and that it wouldn't be called "frontlining" (because once again, i wasn't actually at the front) and as for the spelling mistakes i had finished that around 5 in the morning and didn't realize those little mistakes, i take responsibility for them but my English and grammar wouldn't be bad IC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 For RP standards and competency. I foresee no issues if he got the WL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, welp I don't have the whitelist or anything but I've seen Bill Stone doing absolutely everything when I'm on, he's a cool dude and skilled player, be it combat or support and it's great to have him in your team to help. I've had some interactions with synths and I can say Nathan's quirk can be great if done right. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not a synth and my opinion doesn't mean much. Stone is one of the homies I can count on when I need something from him. I can ask him to do something while I'm off trying to be a funny CO, and he'll get it done. Knows his stuff, and can rp well. My man has a plate at my table any time

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've come a long way and I'm sure that you'll be a nice addition to the WL. We'll iron out any issues within the first week of you having the WL, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Accepted.
    Synthetic Senator