2 25.00%

Thread: between lurkers and warriors

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post between lurkers and warriors

In my time playing CM for a pretty ok amount of time. I do start to wonder, What is better between lurkers and warriors.
    Think about it! people hate both but have they ever taken into consideration the difference between the two?
    So to start, Lurkers are a highly mobile ambush-skirmisher. they are best suited for combat against 1-3 marines.
    They have the following ability. Pounce, Invisibility, Paralyzing Slash.

Their pounce consumes 50 plasma, requires invisibility to knock down a marine but otherwise is a good mobility ability.
    their invisibility increases their movement speeds and allows them to knock down someone on pounce, this does not work in some circumstances such as:
    The person has a shield and the RNG favored them.
    The person is wearing a B17 Grenadier Armor and is facing you directly.
    The person is a maicer
    The person is in fact a 5 meters tall xenomorph
    in all of those case you will get knocked down as the pounce fail.
    Paralyzing slash does increase damages and also slow down the target significantly. typically used immediately after a slash to reset the slash cooldown

Warrior is awesome and all. they also have a shielding slash. which allows them to sustain in combat for longer. their abilities are:
    Punch. applies damage, a knockback, and a slowdown(this slowdown will not show up on the marine head-up-display so it will confuse most players.
    Fling. knock a person back by 5 tiles, and fling them over any obstacle so long as it allows them to pass. otherwise apply damage from wall toss.
    Lunge. has a range of 5 tiles but a warrior will always go slightly forward to do that. note: 5 tiles as in 5 counting from them to you in the shortest route. this will work through walls but if they are obstructed by a wall mid-way through they can be stopped. barricades without barbed wire do not stop them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the big difference is that Warriors are primarily frontliners and Lurkers are primarily backliners.

Warriors are too slow and vulnerable to stuns to be wandering around alone, especially off weeds. However, they're a bit tougher so aren't going to instantly turn to green mist on the frontline. They're still fragile and can't hold the line in the same way Crushers or Ravagers can, but they lurk around and wait for opportunities to snag someone. Warrior abilities work much better on the frontline where throwing someone towards your own team will often get them capped or permakilled.

All in all, I think warriors tend to have more impact, but there's a bit of risk/reward involved. Warriors have a more dangerous job and die very easily. The warriors everyone tends to mald at are mostly just a handful of robustos who are very good at picking opportunities and not dying, less experienced warriors (myself included) often make bad decisions and die early.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    making bad decisions and dying early is just part of the game though. even robust sometimes makes bad decisions and dies too!