0 Thread(s)

Kirshbia - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Kirshbia

Player Name You Use Most?
    Braden 'Aces' Stephenson

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    SYNTH APPLICATION (DENIED)
    //showthrea...ic-Application
    CO APPLICATION (Accepted)
    //showthrea...5726#post65726

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?

What is your discord username and handle?
    Kirsh#7874

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Commander plays a crucial role. It exists to set a direction for the operation and set an example for the marines. It's the lynchpin binding all the departments together on the ship and on the ground working within unison with the ground side forces filling in to ensure their survival. Sometimes, this isn't something that can be accomplished, but even if it cannot, a good commander can lead an operation from a hopeless battle to a close fight and, if they get lucky enough, a victory. In the end, though, I believe each round is its own story, and the Commander serves as a driving force to get it started.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I loved being one before. I did walk away from CM post Tech webs as I felt frustrated at planning around what was a quarter done system as well as my own RL reasons. I do believe I was a pretty good CO.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    My old story. It's a lengthy one still.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...GLyTICK4g/edit

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Extremely, there's not one I have not played.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    41 hours, though, even before the time resets I was an active XO.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Very, barring CMP. I've played plenty of all of them.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Fairly knowledgeable on both ends. While playing MP, which I admit is not something I really desire to do. I am capable enough to fulfill the role effectively. It's not overly challenging to enforce the law without being a dick, and my experience in other departments has me working with SOP reasonably often.

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    I don't really enjoy BEing people overall. However, a BE should be used as needed when a problematic marine has gone beyond a reasonable amount of IC back and forth.

I'll pull my examples from my previous application as I believe it's still valid.
    A marine attempting to gather up people for a munity.

An SO who keeps disregarding orders to compromise the operations by, say, issuing opposing orders to cause squadron chaos, needlessly berating their squadron, or trying to commit sedition by sweet-talking the troops to get them to side with him over myself. Or you now say bombs the heck out of the FOB while giggling about it.

A marine who is defying orders and causing the whole team to be placed within a compromising situation.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    if a crime is minor enough, and the military police is being heavy handed and hindering the operation a pardon should be used.

Examples
    An Engineer being brigged for hacking a vendor to get a smart gunner a power cell.

Marines arrested for just shoving someone or literally having a bit of conflict pre-op don't actually amount to much. It's a ship of rowdy men, and provided it's within reason (See more on what I won't pardon), I am pretty okay with that.

A member of req getting jailed over breaking into the RO's office for a stamp. (Provided we have no RO. Or no RO at the time it was done.)

What i would not pardon?

That's a pretty fair and broad sense. Realistically, if a situation fell under the following considerations I would be less inclined to issue a pardon.
    -A marine ended up being seriously injured or killed.
    -Any action that ends up delaying deployment significantly.
    -Capital crimes (Though, I may fax HC/A-Help if I don't believe the the military police or think the individual is genuinely innocent.)

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this guy everywhere no matter what time I play on and he's super fun to be around and talk with. This man has seriously NOT lost his touch and he's truly amazing. I really want this guy back on the whitelist! +5!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreven says: unknown.png
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do remember you as an old time CO, and not a single unpleasant interaction during that time comes to mind. I've played quite a few rounds with you recently. Your behavior is fitting of a commissioned officer and I believe that you haven't lost your grasp on the ins and outs of Command. It'd be wonderful to have you back in the officer corps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I just got the WL, and my opinion won't matter as much, what I can say is that; Despite me not playing for long enough to see you in action as a CO, I'd say you've still got that CO luster in you, since throughout the games where you've been my XO, or where I've been SLing, you've been a blast to play with. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when this app first went up I had no idea who you were. In just three short days you've become a character with personality I can remember for months. I'm sure you know more than me about what the CO game is about. Just don't do anything dumb like OB the front like that Chen dude did. +1

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO Council's had a fair share of seeing you in action these past few weeks, and combined with the positive community feedback and the fact that you were in fact a CO yourself before the purge, we think you got what it takes to have the spot.

Sorry for not giving you this sooner.

This application is accepted. Welcome back to the whitelist!
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump