User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monov - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monov - Synthetic Application

withdrawn since everyone says to withdraw.
    Last edited by Monov; 03-22-2022 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Withdrawing since everyone says to withdraw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    I think i misunderstood this question at first, I didn't notice it was asking about for if I was a SYNTH!
    WELL A SYNTH cannot perform combat unless in direct life threatening situations, such as surrounded by hostile forces of any kind and being targeted and attacked, Self Defense is warranted. I would be allowed to DEFEND marines from XENO attacks but ONLY if i have no more PRESSING matters to attend to such as a wounded Marine or cades.. or anything for that matter, combat is a last resort for a synth. Hostiles on the Alamayer are also a go ahead for hostile actions, as long as I have no wounded or orders to attend to and command has given the red alert for hostile forces aboard ship. AT NO TIME is a synth allowed to use anything other than melee weapons to defend itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man has been on the grind for a long time. When I played Bravo SL heavily, this man was out here as an engineer constructing FOBs like nothing. He'd also provide decent RP and was on of the reason I decided to stay longer on CM. This man is an absolute legend in support roles like medics. +1. My only question is why is his name BUCC with two Cs? Knowing you I'm sure it's a fun reason

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app doesn’t meet the standard. You didn’t answer the combat question right, you had to answer it a second time in the replies, your name doesn’t fit our naming standards, and your quirk isn’t really a quirk all synths try to improve morale in some way. Also your story doesn’t show your quirk at all, there’s not really dialogue in it. Please use the #whitelist-app-help channel on the discord us synths will gladly help you, and review both accepted and denied synth apps. I recommend you withdraw the app so you can start on the 30 days as soon as possible.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow Nice Thanks for the +1 i didnt think anyone was watching ha

BUCC with 2 Cs because BUCC stands for Basic Unit Computerized Construct. haha, trying to be a simple synth.
    Last edited by Monov; 03-17-2022 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh well.. Is Bucc not an acceptable name? I thought I'd be a little unique on the Story stuff, as for the quark.. I guess ya its pretty bland, but that was kind of the point. but its all good, I thought I'd give it a shot for synth. Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by Monov; 03-17-2022 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synths are supposed to have common names like 'John,' 'Roger,' 'Elizabeth.' Bucc is not a common name, just using Buck is fine. You can have a quirk about improving morale, but its more so about how you go about improving morale. I'd really suggest asking in the #whitelist-app-help channel on the discord, we'd be more than happy to help you make your app.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,

The name
    The name is not what a synth would have. As has already been stated it should be something simple and "normal".

The Story
    The story is really short, with no dialogue at all. One of the key purposes of being asked to write a story is to show that you are literate and that you can use your quirk whilst talking to other people. Your story also doesn't really say anything, its a lot of dates, lists and other useless information.
    Also I doubt the USCM would accept a unit with possible UPP ties onto an active military service ship...

Gameplay skills
    Your engineering sounds great and I personally know you can do a good job in that role.

Command really isn't an important part of the Synth WL but you should know it all and especially know your way around CIC should you need to in an emergency. And from what you have written I'm not sure you would be able to do that. I would advise trying to lead a few times. Don't be afraid to lose the round because that doesn't really matter, what matters is you understand the game mechanics.

I definitely know you do a lot of medical, but I have many a time seen you make a mistake in the role. I've seen you let people perma with incorrect triage, and people perma from inadequate medical skill in general. The fact you know chems is good, and surgery is really easy so I'm sure you wouldn't struggle with that. I think you are on track to being very competent at medical but honestly I think you need a bit more time and practice.

I've seen you in req before and think you are good enough so no issues there.

Combat
    Your combat answer is also not entirely correct "I would be allowed to DEFEND marines from XENO attacks but ONLY if i have no more PRESSING matters to attend to". Just because you have no other medical/engineering to do that is not a greenlight to fight alongside marines. In this situation you would stand behind them and wait for them to do the fighting.

Conclusions
    I think this is a really hopeful application but its not good enough for the WL at this stage.

So a -1 from me

I would greatly advise you to not give up as the WL is definitely achievable, but DO seek help in the CM discord in the Whitelist-App-Help channel

I would also advise asking for this application to be withdrawn before it is denied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "but I have many a time seen you make a mistake in the role. I've seen you let people perma with incorrect triage, and people perma from inadequate medical skill in general."

Damn, I am thinking you are thinking of someone else.... but I suppose your not the only person that thinks that... I am beginning to think some one has a similar name to me that's bad at doc. I am not going to defend the He said She said junk haha just ask around that just doesn't sound like me... at least not since i started a few months ago even than I wasn't THAT bad as you mentioned.... haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monov View Post
    "but I have many a time seen you make a mistake in the role. I've seen you let people perma with incorrect triage, and people perma from inadequate medical skill in general."

Damn, I am thinking you are thinking of someone else.... but I suppose your not the only person that thinks that... I am beginning to think some one has a similar name to me that's bad at doc. I am not going to defend the He said She said junk haha just ask around that just doesn't sound like me... at least not since i started a few months ago even than I wasn't THAT bad as you mentioned.... haha
    Keep trying man you definitely have the potential to be a synth don't give up, there's always a next time.
    Synth Gaming