theXDkidoflol - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    theXDkidoflol

Marine Name
    Jacob Kelar

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Allen

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I've read through it multiple times. More than I should. Please help.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing Here's the story of Allen, the synth.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I want to hang around medical, and fill in empty spots of command staff. I'll be fine as a field synth, but I would still do engineering, despite my disliking of it.

As for personality, Allen's quirk is numbers. Statistics. It's all a value to him, but he tries to use these values to encourage marines. Somehow. It's hard, but he tries.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Command: I know how to Overwatch. I'm aware of basic tactics, how to use the consoles, what each one does, and how not to get a squad split up. Sometimes. I'm also aware of the simple pressing of buttons for PO.

Engineering: I dislike it, but know how to do it. I'm aware of how to set up cade lines, turrets, smartgun turrets, generators, etc. I even know how to equip a tank. But I personally dislike it.

Medical: My personnel favorite, I know how to be a doc. I know what you need to do to stabilize a patient, I memorized the important surgeries, and I know how to turn 400 brute into 170 for a revive.

Supply: I know how to requisitions. I know who to give BCs to and who not to give them too, as well as how to use ASRS.

Why should we whitelist you?
    Synthetic is the perfect role, if you ask me. Exploring a machine bond with humanity and having it be every support role is a great concept to me, that I'd love to try. I also know how to separate my personalities, and how to separate the decision making side from the emotional outside.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    Nah. I'm pretty sure that I also got a clean sheet, IF I'm not mistaken.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    Other then denial from CERTAIN SERVERS THAT WE WILL NOT NAME for my god-awful CKey, no.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want to be a synth?

You're playing a round as a synth, when a group of three marines suddenly start attacking you shipside before briefing. How do you act?
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    Why do you want to be a synth?

You're playing a round as a synth, when a group of three marines suddenly start attacking you shipside before briefing. How do you act?
    I've played AI in other servers, and enjoyed it. The thought of being a better thing then humans, only blocked by the restrictions set upon you and the orders you must follow, that allow you to work side by side while being by all means simply a machine? I'm all down for it.

Allen would first warn the marines to stop. Should the problem persist, he would call MPs and begin to back away unless there is a vital duty they are blocking. Should the problem still persist, he would use a flash, or if that is unavailable, using any available means to attempt to defend himself against the marines without harming them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - You're at the CIC, the Captain asks for your help regarding the battle, you see that many marines died at the front and that the fight is far from ending, how would you explain that to him?

2 - Are you allowed to perform CAS missions?

3 - If denied, what would you do?

4 - Regarding arrests, what are you allowed to do? And what not?

5 - What do you think about the current state of our glorious role? Suggestions?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    1 - You're at the CIC, the Captain asks for your help regarding the battle, you see that many marines died at the front and that the fight is far from ending, how would you explain that to him?

2 - Are you allowed to perform CAS missions?

3 - If denied, what would you do?

4 - Regarding arrests, what are you allowed to do? And what not?

5 - What do you think about the current state of our glorious role? Suggestions?

1- I would offer to be a medic or a SO fill in, but I would inform him that I can't function well on the front lines. If he insisted, I would begin a lengthy explanation, but refuse to be a frontline fighting unit.

2- You aren't allowed to perform CAS to my knowledge. It's a direct fire MISSION, which is pretty damn similar to an emplacement.

3- Wait the timer then try again. Maybe make a pred application in the meanwhile. But not put a three thousand word essay on why I should have been accepted.

4- If given the permission of the CO/CMP, you can detain people, but you're not allowed to set timers, or process them. The MP has to do the actual processing.

5- I'd suggest a more in depth guide as to how to be a synthetic, such as a list of situations a lot of people confuse with them, because it seems slightly up in the air. Nothing else I can think of.
    Last edited by theXDkidoflol; 02-26-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Movement increases blood loss. That action was harmful to yourself, but I�m not harmful to you."

Why did he say this?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    "Movement increases blood loss. That action was harmful to yourself, but I�m not harmful to you."

Why did he say this?
    An attempt to ease paranoia about a synthetic medic. Some minor sense of encouragement. A patient who isn't moving is easier to give pills and apply trauma kits to, even if just a little.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So this has been sitting some time. The story and quirk are fine. App in general is fine.

I'm always a little worried when no one comes in to vouch for the in game competence, as is the case here. I assume the lack of feedback is also because you're an unfamiliar face, so
    What timezone do you play on?
    How long have you been playing?

I'm gonna have to be neutral until someone can vouch for you.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, chief, i ran a check on your playtime. You have just over 100 in total on our server, and no serious playtime before December of 2018. I have never seen you ingame, thus I cannot vouch for your competence nor can I vouch for your RP skills.
    Its gonna be a -1 from me, untill I see you around more and I can see you with my own eyes.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Alright, chief, i ran a check on your playtime. You have just over 100 in total on our server, and no serious playtime before December of 2018. I have never seen you ingame, thus I cannot vouch for your competence nor can I vouch for your RP skills.
    Its gonna be a -1 from me, untill I see you around more and I can see you with my own eyes.
    This, and while the application itself is not necessarily bad, I don't really think its quite good enough to make up for how unknown you are.

If this get's denied, wait for the cooldown to end and then apply again, hopefully we'll know you a bit better by then.

Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.