Byond ID?
    Firecharge123

CM Character?
    Locke 'CAS' Briggs

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    United States Central Standard

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Minimum of 5-10 hours I play a lot probably over 20.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I play on Yogstation a bit and Terra gov.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...or-Application
    Mentor application- Accepted

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely, communication is key in any situation

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    See if it was an accident first. If if was alert them to be more careful about handling weapons. (if they are new)

If it was not an accident, check for previous notes if they have done this before. If so add another note and tell them they are being noted for this behavior.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell the person that I do not manage issues with predator whitelisted persons, and tell them to report on the forums or contact the pred council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact the in-game SEA about the new guy. If there is no SEA awake PM them if they need help. I can always help ICly if I am spawned in already as a human role.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Always stay cool.

Alert the person that being hostile in PMs is not okay, and they should stop doing it. If they want to be forwarded to another admin+ staff member, as I am the one handling the ahelp, I will not forward it to another member. If they think my performance is lacking, I will inform them that they can report me on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    LRP names are not tolerated in the game.

PMing the individual about their name and how it isn't accepted according to server rules. Informing them about changing the name/how to change their name if they do not know, and if not changing it by next round be issued a warning.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an ICly issue and should only be dealt with if they are grefing in any way, such as shooting people for no reason, giving appropriate repercussion such as a note and/or warning depending on what happens.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors unless an event are not supposed to be hostile towards marines.

I would aheal the marine if there are no medics nearby/anyone who can revive them, and PM the survivor in question why they killed the marine, and inform them about not being able to kill marines (they are here to save you...) If the survivor continues being hostile/ignores PM and reminder, slap a note on them about unnecessary hostility as a survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP about why they locked the person away, what their reasoning was and to let them go if it is only for that reason.

If it was out of baldness, I would tell the MP to correct the sentence and let them out of perma brig and inform the SEA in game (if there is one) and/or PM information bout marine law to help the MP learn proper MP stuff ect.

If the MP has notes of doing previous malpractice MPing, give them a note or warning

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Use a QM alert to the xenos pushing them to go kill the last of the tallhosts and get caps if possible.

Message/ARES the marines low xenomorph presence left, redeploy and to kill them all for the glory of the USCM.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    If the medic is clearly bald, tell the other medic to properly dose the marines/how to do so. If you can communicate, do so. Try to fix them myself/with other medics, can always tell marines/doctors/medics on comms about whats going on and for assistance.

If there are other moderators/admins on, tell them (communication is key) and alert them. They can check if it is on purpose or not.

Assuming I am the only moderator or staff that can deal with this online and they are clearly doing this to grief them, tell them ICly or PM them about it and tell them to stop. check if theres notes on previous similar behavior of being a griefer/ODing people like this and give additional note/warning.

I can MOOC and tell the ODed marines to ahelp if they were ODed and died because of the person ODing and aheal them, and possible ban/job ban the medic.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    CLF are a hostile faction to the USCM. Unless stated otherwise for RP purposes, they are allowed to kill each other. It is not EORG to kill a hostile faction member after the round has ended.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is an IC issue and should be dealt with by non violent means (IE shooting the person that is attacking/stealing their stuff)

If the person has previous notes/is using weapons (knives guns baseball bats) and is not stopping. PM them and add a note to them. If they have previous notes on such actions, escalate to a warning or ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check logs and see what happened. Aheal dead marine if there is no medic/doctor and warn/note to the murderer and inform them of this action.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC the mutiny is not allowed, aheal anyone that has been killed/isn't being revived if there is no medic. If the mutiny does not stop, Asleep the people that are still attacking and issue bans/warnings/notes to the individuals depending on what they did.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    PM individuals making the racist comments about how racism is not tolerated on the server. Add note about racist comments to individual.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    That is a bannable offence no questions asked.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If they are a new player tell them how it is not okay to do this as it hurts the hives integrity and breaks xeno law, and say not to do it ever again.

If they are not a new player give a ban/job ban from xeno for doing this.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the xeno about the use of 'netspeak' is not allowed on the server and put a note. If they continue give a warning.
    (Also maybe suggest the queen banish them if they do not behave)

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Calling the dropships 'dropship' is not considered LRP.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The marines do not know there are confirmed xenomorphs and should always consider that there can be anything down there not necessarily a xenomorph hive. I would PM the commanding officer about this and not to do it again.

If it is a whitelisted CO, notify the CO council about this.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would check combat logs to see if they did in fact do this and it wasn't for the reason of getting on a evac pod, give them a note or a warning about this action.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would PM them that insulting staff like this isn't very nice, and remind them that insulting staff isn't allowed. If they start to chew me out or aren't stopping, issue a warning/ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    If they went SSD on their own, that is their fault and it isn't really a good idea to do that in the AO or in a non secure location. If they fell SSD to internet issue or server issue, this is an ICly issue and there isn't anything I can do about it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Probably just DM them or something about it, and remind them about that rule/issue resolving or whatever. if its a huge issue/problem tell a manager

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would try to stay out of it as much as possible, cant really do anything in this situation. If it is becoming a big problem, tell a manager about it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Keeping the game fun is a thing I want to do. The game isn't fun if someone is griefing all the players, or is disrupting someone's round for their own enjoyment.

I have been playing for far too long...I love it, I love the people, the gameplay, the staff. I think giving back to the community what they gave me would mean a lot to me.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Keeping your cool in any situation, being someone that can be talked to easily by anyone, and having a good sense of fairness in actions. Being able to be fun while being professional in all of your actions is a good quality.

Anything else you want to add?
    I know you guys want it somewhere or somehow, but here is my playtimes (current as of this moment)

marine:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...12/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png
    xeno:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...34/unknown.png

I wasn't exactly 100% sure on what merits what punishments / what punishments mods can deal out so I tried to keep it within reason. Tell me if anything above was wrong.
    discord if needed: Noodles2#1880

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really say if my word currently will draw a lot of power but I would like to say this. Briggs has been one of the best people to help anyone at any time. His app also appears to be to the point. Its a +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not staff so my opinion doesn't mean much, but my interactions with Briggs have all been positive when they could've easily been negative. They're extremely patient and when I've seen them be put in a position of authority IC, they've never abused it. Easy +1 if I could give a +1.
    (a bit of confusion as it's states on the rules no +1 or -1s. If that's the case then this is just positive feedback)

Good luck bro.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can absolutely vouch for their character. Super chill, always friendly, and a great mentor. This is definitely a +1. Can trust them to handle ahelps and salt accordingly.
    Jay ‘Taco’ Johnson - Alpha pride world wide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaving mentor already to join staff very sad, +1 Locke is cool.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't make it sad

Anyways thanks for the +1s guys much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another mentor turning to the dark side, such a shame. But really he's a cool guy and would be a cool trai- I mean Moderator. +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can trust Firecharge with the almighty powers of mods, that way I can use him for my own gimmicks. Jokes aside, he's a great mentor, and I have no doubt he will be a great moderator. What a shame you decided to leave the mentor gang now though...

Solid +1!

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy + 1. Man is a good SEA and would make a good Mod. Just remember the player base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've known Locke for ages and seen him through many stages as the community has developed as well. He's openly an ecstatic character and he's always put in effort to try to make enjoyable cases for people involved. He's a responsible person and he's checked himself to ensure that's stayed with his character. I would love to see him as staff and to see what he does for the community! +1!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler: