Date of Incident
    March 17, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Andrej Karadzic

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Wibo333

Accused Character Name
    Ron Fields

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:30

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4, CO guidelines

Description of the incident:
    It started with the arrest on a PO called Cutie 'Cara' Parker. I was meaning to arrest them for Major Interference after they (to my assumption) uncuffed Chad Pollard who I had earlier arrested and strapped into the cockpit of the Alamo for trying to escape an NJP I gave him for Minor DTGP. Although none of these two are my main concern with the report, it's the conduct of the CO Ron Fields. Upon bringing the PO to the brig to question them and collect evidence, the CO came rushing in and immediately uncuffed the prisoner and released them without following any kind of pardon procedure and without consulting a single MP.

I've informed someone who asked earlier on the radio that I was gonna arrest the PO for Major Interference, but it seems the CO didn't see that and didn't want to investigate further either.

I informed the CO I was gonna talk with HC about this and walked to the CMP's office. Here, the CO seems to have doubled down and started to demand I tell him why I arrested the PO (after they already released them). I refused to talk with the CO about anything while I was writing my fax, because I felt he was just OOCly doubling down on his mistakes. At some point he resorted to pulling out his Mateba and threatening me with a BE over Sedition, which can be seen in chat logs. Afterwards he ordered my arrest for Prevarication + NoD instead.

A Provost CPO named Viktor Mallard came, played by Moonshanks, that talked with the CO and MPs a bunch after ordering my release. The CO then was ordered arrested for Prevarication by the Provost (which was authed by Solidfury7). Ron Fields then BE'd the Provost for "being an UPP spy".

In summary, it caused massive headaches for me and my fellow MPs to have to deal with the bullshit caused by what was esentially jailbreak by a CO, him threatening a BE and then ordering my arrest when I didn't get intimidated by him. I don't know if his intention was to try to be funny or wacky ICly but to me it was just felt like grief while breaking a dozen guidelines and I think no CO should act like this.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs, please.

What resolution are you seeking?
    Some sort of WL punishment.
    Last edited by ExGame; 03-17-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there,

I was the Warden this round. Still was getting used to the role itself, but I did witness the CO running off with the cuffed PO out of the brig to free them without saying a word. After freeing the PO, they related to asking the MP about the arrest, which Andrej did. I, however, did not witness the BE of the CPO that round. Regardless, I can vouch that the arrest of the PO was legitimate (but due to lag I couldn't process them quick enough).

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello!

i am arrested second part "Cara". MP was after marine name Chad in alamo while i announcent alamo gonna depart from Almayer. Alamo departed when MP still pursunig chad in alamo which i pretty annoyed cuz got pushed around, getting teasered etc.. After MP captured Chad, he just entered cockpit and strapped Chad to one of PO chairs and stand next to him, unknowigly preventing me from operating dropship, which i annoyed. after MP left cockpit for unknown reason to me i just go to cockpit and told Chad get out from east door then uncuffed him and let him go. Then start operating alamo as usual, then MP come to me and arrested me for Major Interference. After my arrested i claim i didnt set Chad free, i simple entered cockpit and Chad just run away (lie). Then CO just rushed Brig , uncuffed me and throw me from brig without saying a word which i just returned my duties and operated Alamo. No idea what happened aftermath between CO and MP but i can assure CO was unaware of my "Major Interference". as Time_URSS states my arrest was legitimate but CO belived me instead MP.

This is my part of story to clear air. Sorry Andrej Karadzic i just didnt want to get arrested as IC.
    Last edited by Apocryphon; 03-21-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron / Grub here

I had mixed reports regarding the incident while Cara was being taken into custody, the MP at hand refused to elaborate why Cara was detained and several people claimed Cara was just being arrest for 'Walking into the cockpit' which wasn't a crime in my eyes at the time. Seeing it was lowop, and she was our only DP/PO I set her free right away to run transport, later on I had a talk with a moderator about the incident and they informed that indeed Cara was doing major interference. The error I made is that I didn't announce that it was a pardon, which I completely forgot while I got caught up trying to get an answer out of the MP who still refused to elaborate why they took Cara in. They wanted to fax HC, which in my eyes they have the right to do so but I obviously threatned them a lil as a Captain that they were not heeding my order nor tried to explain themselves to a Captain while he asked them to do so. So I detained him, the provosts came, and we talked it out in an IC fashion.

I believe the matter at hand was indeed investigated properly and there was a big miss communication which caused me to act too fast instead of investigating the matter properly. I humbly apologize to the MP for not interrogating Cara earlier or maybe ask a the moderator at hand what exactly happened on the CCTV cameras but I was a lil caught up in the moment of trying to run an OP with limited people at hand.

Truth is, they were right in the end, the PROVOST established they were right too and I was going to be courtmarshalled for setting Cara free without the proper pardon. If I knew they had comitted major interference I wouldn't have intervened but I just didn't know at the time and I set them free based on what I heard from the MW, and Cara herself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello it's me: The provost

All that's been said here is pretty much correct. Ron didn't investigate fully or well enough in my opinion so eventually after interviewing everyone I called for their arrest for prevarication. I also have reason to believe that Andrej Karadzic committed minor insub by not telling the CO what happened when indirectly questioned. But I was BE'd before I could investigate this.

The main issue I see with the Commanding Officers behavior is BE'ing the provost sent to investigate you. At the time they were refusing to be arrested because I didn't have the proper paperwork. So I did a show of standing still then informing them I'd contacted HC via my headset and they'd given me authorization to arrest them (as the round was ending soon, so there seemed no time to make a full fax).

Could the CO have investigated the issue more before calling for an arrest of the MP or letting Cara go. Undoubtedly.

Where they however preoccupied with key mission details. Yes I think so.

In short I think the main issue is BE'ing the Provost, even if it's at round end, it's a very LRP thing to do as a CO.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Moonshanks stated, mostly round-end shenangians as it was in the last 30 seconds of the OP. They talked over their comms about a warrant for my arrest, and to my information I need a fax with a HC approved stamp clarifying that I am to lay down my arms and come with quietly to be confined/arrested. A legal binding document. They didn't have that and acted out fear, I could probably go on about how I thought Viktor could 'be a CLF spy' due to the fact there wasn't a document asking for my arrest, and I don't believe a CPO can arrest a Captain without clearance from HC. It's not stated anywhere in the ML that they have that power so.

But as said before, I was in the wrong about Cara and acted too fast without doing the proper pardon. So I'm sorry about that. Wasn't my intention to piss anyone off, I just had alot of misscommunications going on which clouded my judgement in the moment while I was busy with the OP.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs.

Ckey and name of the accused is in red
    Ckey and name of the accuser is in yellow

Cara uncuffs Pollard who is under arrest for hacking a vendor, then refusing an NJP for it, clearly knowing what they are doing:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tries to be cute about it. It does not work. The excuse that this was due to them blocking the drop-ship does not hold water - you can use all 3 consoles on the drop-ship from the middle spot of the cockpit, which you have free access to no matter who is buckled to the chairs. The PO later admits they were lying through their teeth via DMs, see below:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tries to claim otherwise on comms. This seems to be the only thing that the CO later acts on, they do not consult the MP arresting the PO or anyone else:

Spoiler Spoiler:

While the arresting officer is busy dealing with a CT who has tided their way into the Brig, the CO barges into the brig and uncuffs the PO without a word.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Then try to investigate the issue after letting the PO go:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Which leads to this exchange:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is investigated via DMs after it is ahelped. For reference, the CO's player offers this:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The PO's player in comparison has no doubts they were actually guilty:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Provost Officer then arrives and interviews both the Major and the MP. They both tell them what was presented in these logs from their perspective. The end result of the IC investigation is this:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This exchange follows. The mod playing the Provost official also verifies that they can authorize the arrest themselves in msay.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Provost then proceeds to arrest the CO (MPs were busy fighting a xeno in Medical at this point)

Spoiler Spoiler:

The major responds to a tase with lethal force and BE's the Provost for good measure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And offers this as the round ends:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And that's it.
    Senior Administrator

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussing with the CO Council we have decided that Wibo's behavior in this instance is unfortunately not becoming of a Commanding Officer and will be dealt with accordingly.

The Council has decided to issue a 2 week suspension on Wibo333 for their actions in this report as well as others leading up to and subsequent to it.

Report resolved.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump