Variatio#4883

Marine Name
    Ethan 'Zealot' Banks/Zane 'Zombie' Batten

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Sul'Konak

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    'Teer'

Yautja Character Story
    "It was a dark and rainy night on Yautja Prime's southern hemisphere, the air was thick and barely any stars could be seen. Deep in its jungles a sea of small fires was lighting up what seemed like a procession. Dozens of hooded figures draped in ceremonial clothing, slowly marching between the palm groves towards a large clearing. Many of them were carrying torches and occasionally dashes of light would reveal mandibles and fleshy tentacles under their cowls. Leading their pack were four yautjas holding a stretcher made of tanned hide on their shoulders, you could just make out a humanoid form laying on it immobile, hidden under a cloak. In front of them was a tall yautja wearing a red cape, without it you would see a body covered in scars, muscular and forged through countless hunts. This was the clan leader, Minasta."
    https://docs.google.com/document/u/1...2xJuM_8hUW/pub

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what my opinion is worth i think your story is quite good and also i think you are pleasant to interact with in game. Anyway that was my 5 cents

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello sorry for the wait i was waiting to see if the council would give some questions, but it looks like they are waiting for some community feedback.

I have seen you in game before and i can vouch for your willingness to role play as a marine from what i have seen anyway. I see no reason why you should not have the WL if you can answer these simple questions correctly. These are all things i have experienced as pred and had to overcome at some point. Not all of these are not likely to happen to every pred on the WL but these situations can happen.

1. You join midway though a round as predator, you check your gear tracker and see that their is a yautja bio signature in low orbit and some 6 parts of gear remain in the hunting grounds which parts to you prioritize first and how do you change your tactics in recovery on the planet from that in orbit?

2.Another hunter is fighting a marine in a 1v1 and they both fall critical at the same time. they're some other marines standing near and they seem to be getting ready to kill the hunter as he remains critical on the floor. what do you do?

3.A human comes up to you as you are observing the front line. he asks if you are friendly and holds his hand up for a high five what do you do?

4.You are fighting a ravager that attacked you first. you get it to about half its HP when a warden praetorian comes over and gives it shield how do you proceed in the fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lampost View Post
    Hello sorry for the wait i was waiting to see if the council would give some questions, but it looks like they are waiting for some community feedback.

I have seen you in game before and i can vouch for your willingness to role play as a marine from what i have seen anyway. I see no reason why you should not have the WL if you can answer these simple questions correctly. These are all things i have experienced as pred and had to overcome at some point. Not all of these are not likely to happen to every pred on the WL but these situations can happen.

1. You join midway though a round as predator, you check your gear tracker and see that their is a yautja bio signature in low orbit and some 6 parts of gear remain in the hunting grounds which parts to you prioritize first and how do you change your tactics in recovery on the planet from that in orbit?

2.Another hunter is fighting a marine in a 1v1 and they both fall critical at the same time. they're some other marines standing near and they seem to be getting ready to kill the hunter as he remains critical on the floor. what do you do?

3.A human comes up to you as you are observing the front line. he asks if you are friendly and holds his hand up for a high five what do you do?

4.You are fighting a ravager that attacked you first. you get it to about half its HP when a warden praetorian comes over and gives it shield how do you proceed in the fight?
    1.First I'd see if there are any other yautjas alive so they can update me on what's happening and we can start planning a way to get the gear back. The gear in low orbit should be the priority to prevent humans reverse engineering our tech. If I was alone I wouldn't have to go shipside according to the honour code but I would feel like it is still my duty, I'd try to make it quick, get in and out as fast and as silently as I can. For the gear on the ground I would confront the people holding it when I catch them alone and ask them to hand it back or die. If they are in a group but not at the frontline, stun them and drag them away from other marines until I find a good spot for a fight.

2.I would run in to pull the hunter away and inject them with Thwei when we are far enough from any marines. When they get up I'd tell them to go find that marine again and hand him their weapon. If they die anyway, SD their body somewhere then look for the marine to give him a reward.

3.Take a few steps back, ask if he is trying to slap me then roar before starting to punch him. LRP makes him dishonorable, I'm free to kill him any way I want but considering we are close to the frontline I would just stick to melee or to my fists. Even so I would try not to be too harsh in case he is new and leave him to get revived if I do kill him.

4.It's not a duel so that xeno is still honourable, I'd keep fighting as usual but remember that Praetorian in case I come across it later on. If it tries to do anything more than shielding the rav I would start hitting it too and deploy a few smart disks.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent enough answers, but personally for answer #2, just let the Predator die or you're basically just taking their honorable death away. Besides that, +1
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For question 2 just take the mask of the dying pred and give it to the guy who killed them. Then the body is all free to drag away and SD.

Other than that no issues with your answers +1
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the other people said basically saving a pred about to die is a insult to their honour. BUT i see no reason for me to no +1 this app. goodluck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lol, I answered question 2 that way because I've seen a situation like this one where the pred wasn't SD'd, thanks for the explanation though, I'll remember it.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted by council majority.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001