Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our golden boy is here to finally get M46D completely deleted.

Ethan, do you have any other plans you are planning to try out, other than just deploying 1st drop and killing every single xeno yourself?
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, I'm going to be trying unique strategies that are still viable (definitely not dual drop). I've personally won rounds not through frags but actually rallying the marines with their positioning to favor our team, and I'll only be playing CO on certain maps that I'm experienced on (LV and Solaris) to provide as much an influence to that positive strategy as I can, while I learn the maps I am not that good at commanding on (Trijent, Fiorina Sci Annex, Shivas) by playing SL instead. I don't aim to be using any of the direct meta strategies unless I am extremely groggy or overwhelmed by roundstart shenanigans or an event. Unfortunately due to how the game works and is balanced, I will have to keep all the marines in a blob for any chance of victory, but positioning on these maps are key, and it'd be fun to take marines to a viable area where they usually don't fight and keep them moving. (If I try a dual drop or rappel or anything like that, it's going to ruin some people's rounds, I'd rather apply in the moment tactics on top of less predictable non direct meta strategy than doing something overly stupid in an attempt to be "different"). Note that this response is purely from a gameplay commanding perspective, and if you'd like to hear a roleplay perspective or anything else, I'd be glad to share.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen you play XO very little and what rounds I did see you were deployed and not leading from CIC. I’d like to see more of you as XO especially in CIC, you won’t get to deploy every round as CO.
    Synth Gaming

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so lets start with the bad:
    The big one is that Ethan, you're too much of an individualist and I don't think I've seen you follow your squad or any kind of orders when playing. And you know, that's how any military works, people who don't follow orders should not be giving them. Also, before, you were never really interested in leadership roles and getting CO because "all my friends are doing it" sounds a bit iffy to my ear.
    I've seen you struggle in more complex CIC scenarios at least once, the ones where groundside CO is dead, marines don't really listen and keep grinding into some kind of a choke or run in small groups into the hive and get slaughtered.
    This application is going with the general trend of people barely getting 30 hours and then immediately posting an app, which makes me want to immediately -1.

The good:
    Legendary status in the corps.
    Is pretty decent as a deployed commander. And that's a pretty high praise coming from me, since I'm one of the few people(on the WL) willing to openly state my distaste with PFC+ COs.
    One of the better stories I've seen, especially in terms of presentation. Though why Jackson keeps getting called his first name, but Dafoe by the last? Also too much metabuddy winking.

So, while there are multiple negative factors weighting this application down, I think that the good outweighs the bad in this case. So, a +1 from me.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    I’ve seen you play XO very little and what rounds I did see you were deployed and not leading from CIC. I’d like to see more of you as XO especially in CIC, you won’t get to deploy every round as CO.
    I've been meaning to roll XO a lot more, but unfortunately everyone and their mother has been rolling XO as of late. I've set XO to high 14 different times within the last 7 days and I haven't gotten it a single time, whereas players I've never seen before get it. As with the deployed XO bit, on those occasions I was told by the CO to deploy. I don't ask to deploy as XO, and I've even volunteered to solo CIC so that the CO themselves may deploy as they wish. I can affirm you that I am competent in CIC, though with the recent influx of XO players, including myself, I don't know how viable farming hours is, when the XO mains even bleed into lowpop currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Right, so lets start with the bad:
    The big one is that Ethan, you're too much of an individualist and I don't think I've seen you follow your squad or any kind of orders when playing. And you know, that's how any military works, people who don't follow orders should not be giving them. Also, before, you were never really interested in leadership roles and getting CO because "all my friends are doing it" sounds a bit iffy to my ear.
    I've seen you struggle in more complex CIC scenarios at least once, the ones where groundside CO is dead, marines don't really listen and keep grinding into some kind of a choke or run in small groups into the hive and get slaughtered.
    This application is going with the general trend of people barely getting 30 hours and then immediately posting an app, which makes me want to immediately -1.

The good:
    Legendary status in the corps.
    Is pretty decent as a deployed commander. And that's a pretty high praise coming from me, since I'm one of the few people(on the WL) willing to openly state my distaste with PFC+ COs.
    One of the better stories I've seen, especially in terms of presentation. Though why Jackson keeps getting called his first name, but Dafoe by the last? Also too much metabuddy winking.

So, while there are multiple negative factors weighting this application down, I think that the good outweighs the bad in this case. So, a +1 from me.
    I thank you for the +1s, but I'd like to address your concerns if possible.

I am an individualist and I am of firm belief that heroes win most operations in CM, I will not lie, and the game balance shows this. Rounds are generally won by who's online, and it's just a sad fact. When I am a marine I am playing to win for myself, when I am a XO I am playing to win for my team.

I frequently branch off from my squad as a marine because I realize that I can positively influence the operation that way more than if I were to do set tasks, as well as marines having less standards forced upon them. I play on my strengths when possible.

As a SL, I frequently give orders to flank, and even lead my squad into tactically advantageous positions, most of the time at least, all the while listening to command overall. Of course there are some times we get wiped, or in real life things interrupt me, but that's only CM.

I became interested in leadership due to a round where I carried the operation and rallied every marine on a solaris ridge round a few months back. I was so proud of wrangling dozens of people as a PFC aSL, and I felt genuinely impactful. My friends getting CO only augments this want, and I would like to point out it is of the lesser reasons, as specified.

I'm pretty sure everyone struggles in complex CIC scenarios to a degree, even long time COs. Sometimes plans work, and sometimes they don't. I'm only human, and so are the others around me. The scenario described seems very typical of a losing operation, and if that's not a struggle I don't know what is.

As with the 30 hour trend, I intended to get more hours, but by popular demand, others have convinced me to post my application. Many people have expressed their desire to see me on the whitelist, and I gave into that pressure assuming that it was well placed. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else, but having people reaffirm that they wanted to see me on the whitelist, along with the amount of players also wanting the whitelist skyrocketing, only adds to push me to make it sooner.

I apologize if I offended or produced unsatisfactory responses to your concerns, but I tried to address them as honestly and blunt as possible. I really don't want to lie and create false grandiose expectations that I'm going to be the next RP CIC commanding messiah, because at the end of the day I am just a player who wants to enjoy the aspects of the game I enjoy, and directly commanding has become one of them.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as the community feedback on your application is golden, the CO Council has been less than impressed with your OOC behavior in recent times. This, coupled with information we've received from staff, show that while you are a competent leader in-game, your conduct is unfortunately not becoming of someone who'd hold the whitelist of a Commanding Officer. Due to this we have decided to deny your application on these grounds. You probably know already what this is about, but I won't disclose it publicly unless you want to do so yourself.

Your application and performance is stellar, there's no doubt about that - but what happens outside the game, to us, is just as important as what happens inside it.

What I'd recommend doing is to iron out these issues with your behavior over the course of next month or so. Do that, win the Council's trust, and you might just have a much more solid chance next time around. You're welcome to talk to some Councilors if you'd like tips on how to do this.

For now though, unfortunately, this app is denied. You may reapply starting 30 days from now on May 6, 2022 if you still desire.
    Last edited by naut; 04-08-2022 at 01:03 AM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump