User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NewOriginalSchwann - Synthetic Application

Junior Member NewOriginalSchwann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few responses today! First allow me to thank you all for taking the time to respond. Now, let me respond to you all. Hopefully I get the multiquote formatting correct as I'm still getting used to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why do you have so many characters?

I touched upon this briefly in my response to 4000daniel1 but let me expand upon this. The original reason behind playing multiple characters was that, for whatever reason, I couldn't justify playing a character in multiple vastly different roles (i.e. maintenance technician one round, doctor the next) to myself - it seemed too weird for me from an in-character perspective (this is part of the reason I was drawn to synth as the role is, by definition, one character that has an IC excuse to be good at almost everything). Then I realized that by making a multitude of characters I could play as a multitude of, well, characters and see both how people reacted to them and change how I was playing the round based on the character. For example Szostak and Hlawiczka are both played as CIC roles but are vastly different characters: Szostak is young, inexperienced, nervous, tries desperately to be positive (sometimes she even succeeds), and ultimately a coward who runs for the escape pods when the xenos board while Hlawiczka is approaching middle age rapidly, experienced, confident in herself, blunt, and very tenacious - not somebody that would give up the ship unless it was absolutely clear she was going to lose. Having different characters also allows me to, as mentioned above, RP as a different person in each round. Dr. Messoudi is very different from Pascal, who is in turn different from Waldron, and so on. While I have doubtlessly lost some reputation I could have gained as a result of this, I ultimately have more enjoyment playing Colonial Marines in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    I obviously don't have a synth whitelist, so I can't entirely speak to the quality of the story/gimmick (although both look good to me); however, as a CO who has to deal with these buckets-of-bolts on a daily basis, I think Yin would be a great addition to the synth whitelist.

I've had the opportunity to engage with Schwann on many occasions, spread throughout their different many characters. They've never failed to impress me with every role they've thrown themselves into. They have the RP chops, the competency, and the maturity to take on the synth role with relative ease. Bottom line is they're an all-around great player, both IC and OOC.

Easy +1. Hope to see Yin added to your ever-growing character roster soon.

Thank you for the easy +1 and the compliments. Soon I will have achieved the legendary status of using all ten character slots, tremble in fear of my HRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, there's a +1 for ya. The story is great, same for the quirk, you did answer my questions as well. +1

Thank you. Yuki was one of the synths that inspired me to apply for the role, so it's good to see that you enjoyed the application and my responses.

Quote Originally Posted by freestylalt View Post
    I've had no issues with the characters, even with ze exaggerated unintelligibeul banteur from Pasceul. Story is quite enjoyable to read. For what it's worth, I give it a +1

Okay merci squad chef for ze +1 on zis application tell ze RO to send down a crate of morteur ammo vite oui (but really, thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by TobiNerd View Post
    Enjoyed the story and can vouch for their competence in medical. I'll also gladly teach you around chemistry so you don't fall short there. Just ping me on discord or ask me ingame next time you see me

Thank you for the vouch of confidence regarding my medical abilities. I am open to any chemistry tricks you can teach me, particularly in regards to making uncommon chemicals such as anti-radiation medication so I can be prepared for when people attempt to swim in the funny-looking water on the upcoming map.
    Last edited by NewOriginalSchwann; 02-27-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added a few words to my response to Jakkkk.
    A player with too many character names.

Also I play Yin, the synthetic.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw you utilizing white list help channel and I saw you in medbay a lot. You're clearly competent and put a lot of effort into this app. Story is good. Quirk is okay. It would be nice if you actually get to utilize it in game and show people step by step how to do something, because mentors don't get that attribute of being right there and showing the player directly what they're supposed to be doing. Overall you get a +1. Your answers to questions are also good!
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good app.

Knows his RP. Knows the roles.

Sorry for being lazy here, but I doubt I could say anything that hasn't been said. +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright you have done everything required for me to give you a +1 here, take it you earned it bud.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexGaming View Post
    Alright you have done everything required for me to give you a +1 here, take it you earned it bud.

Thank you for the +1, I'm glad to see that so many people have found this to be a good application.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Good app.

Knows his RP. Knows the roles.

Sorry for being lazy here, but I doubt I could say anything that hasn't been said. +1.

My first council +1! At this rate I'll be being mocked by delta for being a synthetic in no time at all!

Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    I saw you utilizing white list help channel and I saw you in medbay a lot. You're clearly competent and put a lot of effort into this app. Story is good. Quirk is okay. It would be nice if you actually get to utilize it in game and show people step by step how to do something, because mentors don't get that attribute of being right there and showing the player directly what they're supposed to be doing. Overall you get a +1. Your answers to questions are also good!

My thanks for the +1! I owe a lot to whitelist-help. Thanks to it I managed to solidify the quirk and turn a bunch of vague ideas scratched on a legal pad into an actual application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully, the community at large has asked and said everything needed to, and I can chalk this up to another fine day in the whitelist council. God I'm so good at my job.

You've clearly put a lot of effort in, with proper spelling, syntax, and a lot of marineplayers could use somebody to help them, or inform them of a better way of doing things. Just don't have 20 synth names and we'll be alright. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    Thankfully, the community at large has asked and said everything needed to, and I can chalk this up to another fine day in the whitelist council. God I'm so good at my job.

You've clearly put a lot of effort in, with proper spelling, syntax, and a lot of marineplayers could use somebody to help them, or inform them of a better way of doing things. Just don't have 20 synth names and we'll be alright. +1
    While this means I will have to return my W-Y Brand Synthetic Name Wheel (Spin for a new name every round! Confuse your fellow players!), that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. Thank you for the +1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1. As a serial altaholic myself I can get behind the whole 'tons of characters' thing, and the app is well put-together as well. Your proofreader let you down a bit but it's still super serviceable, and the educational-style quirk really fits the synth role. From a more OOC and empathetic standpoint, anyone willing and aiming to help newer players get into the game by mentoring them through an IC medium is exactly the kind of attitude I like to see on display as well.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything that I've wanted to say has been said already, I have nothing else to add besides my +1 and have a good day.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Everything that I've wanted to say has been said already, I have nothing else to add besides my +1 and have a good day.

A +1 is more than enough, and I hope you have a good day as well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Easy +1. As a serial altaholic myself I can get behind the whole 'tons of characters' thing, and the app is well put-together as well. Your proofreader let you down a bit but it's still super serviceable, and the educational-style quirk really fits the synth role. From a more OOC and empathetic standpoint, anyone willing and aiming to help newer players get into the game by mentoring them through an IC medium is exactly the kind of attitude I like to see on display as well.

Thank you for the easy +1, I'll have to yell at Vampmare regarding proofreading at some later point. I'm glad the quirk has been found to be fitting as I have always enjoyed helping other people learn and the quirk gives me an excellent in-character medium to do this, assuming people don't tell me to "fuck off, synth," upon first seeing me. Regardless, I'm looking forward to witnessing the quirk in action soon enough!