Your Character Name?
    Consolat Nukes
    Their BYOND Key
    Lunarflu
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~1 p.m. CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 24 hours.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    Description of the incident
    During round at Kutjevo marines evaced from planet and soon been borded by UPP saboteurs and xenos. Near the end, while most of marines got inside lifeboats and others defended cades outside, someone admins turned on ingame music which caused additional lags on my end. Soon, Queen showed up to the front, came close to cades and screeched nearby marines. I played as Bravo engineer and decided to use OT nade, that picked up earlier in that round. While most marines were down because of screech, I primed grenade and tossed it into the Queen, but it ended up nearby, because some Charlie engineer or MT bodyblocked it (which I didn't even noticed because of lag and overall clusterfuck that happened around me) and it landed amidst marines, causing great deal of FF. After I collected my bearing, I helped to toss bodies of fallen comrades into lifeboat and we succesfully evaced.
    After that round I been approached by Lunarflu who firstly decided to give me a note (which is understandeble), but then changed their mind it banned me for 3 hours, which I think is unjust.

P.S. Also, I have a suspicion, that Lunarflu have a prejudice against me, because it's not a first time when they banning me, just because they don't like my style of playing IMHO, so they using any opportunity to punish me.
    (//showthrea...8351#post78351)
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    Removal of ban at least.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 128th View Post
    P.S. Also, I have a suspicion, that Lunarflu have a prejudice against me, because it's not a first time when they banning me, just because they don't like my style of playing IMHO, so they using any opportunity to punish me.
    (//showthrea...8351#post78351)
    That ban was ruled as justified. It breaks our rules regardless of if I like your playstyle or not.

I don't think you're a mega griefer or whatever, we all do FF, game lags and people shuffle each other around constantly, I even threw some bad nades myself.

Initially I didn't think more than a note would be necessary, shit happens.

Then I went back over it, found the same 24 marines blown up by your nade, and rewatched the video a bunch of times. You're at minimum 7 tiles away from the nearest Xeno (Queen), with a marine directly in the path between you and your grenade. OT nades are notoriously dangerous, and either you KNEW it was full of octogen, or you had NO IDEA and picked up a random nade and threw without considering the consequences. Given your past notes for grief, the fact you threw a grenade from the backlines, and the fact that it completely demolished what were otherwise decent defenses (I even PMed frozen to stall evac a bit with how robust marines seemed), a minimum ban to drive the point home seemed necessary. It's completely fine to use OT nades, but you shouldn't be throwing them from the backlines if your client is already laggy and marines are already in the way.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report is being denied.

Looking at the video it is obvious you didn't have a clear line of sight with marines in your way and you being out of view of the queen. As Lunar said OT grenades are usually very dangerous, it is your responsibility when throwing one to make sure you don't end up killing marines.

I don't believe Lunar has any prejudice against you but if you would like to talk more then send me a message on the discord.