Discord ID?
    Evan#0956

Marine Name
    Mallory 'Mal' Koepple, Meik 'Flares' Feng

Other Whitelist Applications
    Mentor.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Meik (do note I would rid/re-name if I acquire the whitelist)

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    An interest in human biology, biology in general.

My synth’s personality would be similar to that of a doctor with a fascination, and knowledge of the human body who gives out facts about it whilst repairing, or fixing them in an attempt to help people gain more knowledge of their body.
    Along with encouraging marines to stay positive, and encouraging them to eat better as an attempt to curb overeating, and undereating in the corps. Being healthy is a big part of being in the corps. It keeps morale up, and marines on their game about their own body.

He also seems to highly dislike protein bars, and the pizza MRE.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I personally would adore being synthetic due to the diversity of the role and what you can do. I find it extremely interesting as a role due to the restrictions of what you can, and can not do. I enjoy medical greatly and I see synths usually doing medical things. I enjoy medical, and mixing it with other things would be very fun I believe, and I would love to be a help to the marine force on the ground, or on the ship.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    My most memorable interactions with synths have been the many times I have played with them as a survivor. My most memorable interaction was actually recently, when Jarek had an admin event where an undercover CLF survivor who had infected the colony reprogrammed a synthetic to be their ally. I died horribly, and early on due to multiple xenomorphs, and so did the CLF survivor; the synthetic was able to revive the survivor, and splint them, and the survivor was able to escape out of marshalls when xenomorphs had just broken in. This synthetic saved the survivor in record time, and saved the event too. The synthetic died soon after xenomorphs had broken in, however, the survivor was able to stay alive until marines landed, and the two were able to meet back together after the synth had been revived, and linked up with their insider, (the CL) and attempted a CLF mutiny of the ship.

For specifics, the survivor synth was Day.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...iY0JXJ6rQ/edit

Here is Meik assisting with an infected private in the late stages of an operation. The private is in his late-stage of being infected and he must work fast. Soon after finishing his operation. The operation is concluded after they marines manage to kill all of the xenomorph on the colony

After his APC assigned duty, he is let off at the FOB, where he makes healthy food for the operator of the FOB mortar, and his spotter.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I understand how to construct, deconstruct, make barricades, and plasteel cades. I know everything essential to engineering and a little more. I have played at least 15 hours combined with squad engineer, Chief engineer, and OT along with maintenance technician. I would say I am well versed in engineering.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have played XO a few times and have done a few hours as SO. I know how to drop OBs, give orders through announcements, overwatch marines, drop supplies and more. I know how to manage a squad as overwatch and would know how to XO if needed. I enjoy command as well as medical.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I’m well versed in medical. I have been maining squad medic for the past few months. I know how to do surgery, along with removing larva, fixing bones, and reviving difficult to revive patients. I have enjoyed medical a lot in the past few months and I do not plan on stopping enjoying it. My biggest gray area is research and I am the first to admit I am almost clueless to it. I feel I do my best with medical.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Familiar enough. I know requisitions and I know how to drop supplies along with using the elevator and giving out items to marines. While I do not have many hours in the department I do know enough, and have made sure I do know how requisitions work.
    I’ve played enough SEA to have needed to run requisitions quite a few times on lowpop.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    In a situation where I am being attacked by a xenomorph and there is no adequate marine presence around me, or they can not respond in time. The same applies for all hostiles if they attack me. I should still avoid combat at all costs unless I am in direct danger and it is the last resort.

A scenario would be me dragging a marine on a roller bed to the FOB, or to a safe area and being attacked by a lurker or runner; I would be able to attack as long as it is my last resort and there are no marines nearby or any I can easily call into my area.

Another scenario, or situation could be on the Alamyer post-hijack where you have your combat restrictions revoked due to your new objective which would be to exterminate the invaders; however, you would also have to assist marines with evacuating, healing, reviving, and building.

Here is a scenario, I am reviving a marine in the open post-hijack because I saw him, and I know I am likely able to revive him, or at least try to revive him. Assuming I see no enemies around, and I believe I am safe, I am going to revive. A runner comes by and pounces me and begins to slash me. I am allowed to attack it in an attempt to get it to run away, in the case it runs away, my new objective would be to get the dead marine to a new, safe location where I can revive.

Another scenario, I am passing through, or getting more supplies through hydro on LV and the entire hive flanks and begins to attack hydro. In this scenario I would immediately radio it in and attempt to assist marines with getting wounded out. If I were to be completely surrounded I may have to make a break for the next safe place or frontline.

A HvH scenario here now. I am running through the medbay on Solaris Ridge, it’s an event, a HVH event with UPP. We know we are fighting UPP and the marines are prepared here. I am heading to the bar where the main fight is and BOOM, I’m ambushed by four UPP soldiers. What I would make sure to do here is immediately get to cover due to the fact they have actual weaponry, and once I am in cover, I would call them out, and state I need assistance immediately and mention there may be a UPP flank going on. If the marines are unable to get to my aid in time I may have to attack them to preserve myself, and my abilities. Taking them down non-lethally would be much preferred, and since I would have known it is UPP, I would be carrying a stunbaton (That I would’ve asked for). My first move here (after calling marines and stating my location) would be to try to get away as they have ranged weapons, which hurt considerably more than slashes from my knowledge. If they continue to push me after I am into cover, I would attack them with a stunbaton to subdue/have them retreat back as soon as possible. If it results in at least one dead, and they retreat, I would then bring back the dead UPP corpse to detain, and then revive them and hand them over to MPs/shipside crew.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am extremely nervous, and honestly quite excited about my application. It’s the second I’ve sent in outside of my mentor application. Feel free to criticize or question any of my stuff. If I did anything wrong, or vague, I would love to know so I can hope to improve on it for future reference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure I've seen you play any of the roles required (which may be due to time zones), so I can't vouch for competency at this time. However, I have some concerns with the app itself.

First, the name. Why would you apply with a name that you plan on changing? Its not really a common name - I've never met anyone named that. It strikes me as odd to go through all that effort with an admittedly placeholder name.

Second, the story. The hook itself has errors, and the story itself has pretty odd syntax in multiple areas on top of grammatical errors. I'm not a stickler on grammar, so I don't particularly care about that, its more of an issue of syntax for me. I'll provide an example from early on in the story.
    I will medicate you to counteract the pain of this.
    While this is correct when the context is understood (surgery), it is just extremely odd. The reason I bring this up is because Jakk has made it clear you should speak English well, and typically one doesn't structure sentences like that. There's other times in the story there's strange syntax, that's just an example.

Third, your combat questions. You are extremely passive and you almost outright copy and paste the hijack rules from the guidelines. I do not mean passive just as in action, but your answers themselves lack certainty. Synths should be certain in all the actions they take. Take this answer of yours for example

A HvH scenario here now. I am running through the medbay on Solaris Ridge, it’s an event, a HVH event with UPP. We know we are fighting UPP and the marines are prepared here. I am heading to the bar where the main fight is and BOOM, I’m ambushed by four UPP soldiers. What I would make sure to do here is immediately get to cover due to the fact they have actual weaponry, and once I am in cover, I would call them out, and state I need assistance immediately and mention there may be a UPP flank going on. If the marines are unable to get to my aid in time I may have to attack them to preserve myself, and my abilities. Taking them down non-lethally would be much preferred, and since I would have known it is UPP, I would be carrying a stunbaton (That I would’ve asked for). My first move here (after calling marines and stating my location) would be to try to get away as they have ranged weapons, which hurt considerably more than slashes from my knowledge. If they continue to push me after I am into cover, I would attack them with a stunbaton to subdue/have them retreat back as soon as possible. If it results in at least one dead, and they retreat, I would then bring back the dead UPP corpse to detain, and then revive them and hand them over to MPs/shipside crew.
    This answer is simply too large and seems indecisive. You were ambushed, fight or flight. Immediate judgement call. You do not have time to spend 3 minutes figuring out okay so there's 4 of them one of me I have a stun baton I'm fast, etc. Either immediately engage them to force them to retreat if you think you wont be able to, or retreat yourself. Your answers are always "call marines on the radio before I engage." That's unrealistic, you won't have time to call for help over comms when carrying a marine and a runner pounces you. You say you play medic pretty often, this should be something that's happened to you often, so I'm unsure as to why you're so passive in your response in your second combat question answer.

In any case, this is food for thought. I'll keep an eye out for you in game, and look to see what vouches you get.
    Synth Gaming

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually comment on applications but I would like to defend evan here and state that the indecisiveness is most likely just nervousness on the part of making the application in the first place. I'd suggest asking more questions to really get a read on how they think and such, though I don't have the creativity to come up with anything good for that myself.

Personally I can say I've seen them play medic - Obviously, I'm not watching them like a hawk 24/7 to comment on how good they can patch people up, but I dont have any reason to believe they aren't perfectly capable of medding people. Spotted them playing doc a few times and they seem to be doing just fine there too - don't think they'd have any issues performing any medical or engineering duites that might be demanded in a regular round like building the tcomms tower or performing field surgery. I can't say I've seen them play other roles but that could be for any number of reasons, least of all because the way I play the game means I simply don't bump into those departments all that much if at all.

I'll throw in my +1 because I think they'd be able to pull off handling the standards the synth WL asks for personally. The answers are a bit cookie cutter at times but I don't think that's a deal-breaker; It might be if I thought the answers were the way they were because they were purely being lazy and didn't want to try too hard but I don't believe that to be the case.
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't say I can defend myself from all angles here. But I do have to admit the story definitely does have some weird syntax use. The first part of my story, which was my synthetic in the medical APC part was written by me very early in the morning when I hadn't slept yet

I made most of my application answers during that same morning before I had slept too as I got inspiration to do it pretty late into the night.
    When I meant my synth name, I already have a character named Meik. I feel it'd be appropriate to re-name if if I were to acquire the whitelist. I just like the name Meik which's why I chose it, and I use the name as an alias on other servers too. I wasn't exactly too sure how I should've went about choosing a name, so I had chosen a name that I use on other servers, and here too.

I have to say you're completely right about my combat questions and how I'm extremely passive. A thing I didn't actually mean to do is almost copy and paste the hijack rules. I do believe it was too large, however I didn't want to put too little in because I felt if I put too little effort into it so I went all out. It definitely could've been better, I agree. I read everything again before posting it and I can tell I missed some things after looking closer into my application, like you had mentioned.

Thank you for your feedback

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to take care of this application today, but there has been essentially no community feedback on you. Try to get some more vouches within the next week.
    Synthetic Senator

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since there has been no more activity/vouches, this application is denied. Due to the long wait time, there's no reapplication wait time.
    Synthetic Senator