Geeves - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Geeves

Discord ID?
    Geeves#8863

Marine Name
    Geoff 'Brigador' Lufvio, Jakob Venter, Lennox Faust, Matsuko Igarashi, Jasper Pershing | XR-F

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Levy

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    I'm gunning for a synth that's big on wargaming and strategy games. Things that come to mind is boardgames like Risk, up to the scale of wargaming a conflict across the stars. In-game, this will be represented with Chess and Uno, as it should be relatable to most marines.

Naturally, the personality will evolve as I play this character more and get a feel for them.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've never been an expert at CM combat, but it's always what drew me to the server. Initially, I thought I'd never play a support role, because why would I do that on a combat RP server?

And then I played doctor for the first time and deployed to the FOB, and got absolutely HOOKED. Support gameplay is awesome, and synth is THE premier support gameplay whitelist.

Additionally, it's heavy on the RP, which fits my background as an HRP server main.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I actually have two really good memories of synths. Both were when I was super injured and had to limp back to base to get healed and my bones shoved back into place. Both times, I ran into a synth, the first was Day, and the second was Tara.

Usually, doctors blaze through surgery and just mumble when you try to talk to them, but with Day and Tara, I had a really fun (albeit short) conversation during and a short bit after my surgery, which is something I would love to have with someone else in the future.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I need to pad this block to the 100 character mark. If you're reading this, I hope you've had a good day so far, and that my story makes you smirk at least once! Or else........

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I've played quite a bit of ComTech, though most of my experience was during my early days of playing PFC with the Engi pamphlets. I love frontline engi gameplay, placing cades to prevent flanks, but I can also assist in the creation of an adequate FOB.

As for shipside, I primarily play Ordnance Technician, which I now know like the back of my hand thanks to Kryth's handy guide and a bit of experimentation of my own.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Quite familiar, though primarily in the role of Squad Leader, and Acting Squad Leader (I love playing RTO). I know how to rally and order a squad, and I'm fairly good at directing people without being overbearing.

As for shipside, I know how to handle CIC as a Staff Officer, which includes overwatching several squads at once, calling out threats, and especially calling out downed but revivable people at obscure locations.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I'm primarily familiar with the surgery system, though I can also handle a chemline with relative ease. I know what each chemical does and what would be most effective to use at a given moment.

I take pride in being able to do medical tasks quickly without many failures, as to get the player in front of me back into action as fast as they desire.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    When I first thought about applying for synth, I only knew the very basics of handling Requisitions, but since I've gone through a Req bootcamp with the one and only Brad Ward, in which our escapades taught me just about everything I need to know about handling it quickly and efficiently.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics are not allowed to perform offensive combat actions unless it's code delta/hijack. Even when that's the case, they should always be trying to assist marines rather than get frags. Keep it defensive.

Scenario One: A lurker has ambushed myself and a lone marine. I am allowed to fight the lurker until it runs away. I will not pursue, I will fireman carry the marine back to safety and heal them.

Scenario Two: I am on the frontline, and a runner comes straight at me and starts blasting me with rapid-fire slashes. I am NOT allowed to fight them, so I will retreat behind marine lines. Should the runner follow me there and no or only few marines are in sight. I will be allowed to fight them until they run away or die.

Scenario Three: I am a synthetic survivor. Combat restrictions are automatically more lax until rescue arrives. Should a warrior attack my group of roaming survivors, I AM allowed to spring into action and start going ham on it. If the warrior disengages to a sufficient distance (about a screen and a half away, give or take), it won't make sense to run further and lose the group, so I will return to them.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am so ready for Stan's FOB questions, this is going to be GOOD.
    Last edited by Geeves; 03-29-2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: i was not banned oh god

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it's Geeves, Consistently based.

But still, here's a few questions to get the ball rolling;

1. You start the round as a Cargo Tech, you're the only Req around. Do you do the line first, or do you start on the FOB Crate? When you do the FOB crate, what would you put in to supply for the first drop?

2. You said you mostly did OT When it comes to shipside engineering, MTs mostly do two things, Load OBs and Fix Tccoms. I don't doubt you know how to load OBs, but, tell me the exact steps you'd go through to repair Tccoms in hijack.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyo, thank you for the compliment and the questions!

As a lone Cargo Tech, I would first hop on the line and speed through it to get marines their attachies and kits. I assume we're starting off at 00:05, which leaves a lot of time before deployment. By the 00:20 mark, most of the line should be dealt with, and people are starting to peel into the dropship. (This is all dependent on time. Like when Briefing is, and when deployment is, etc.) At that moment, I'll hop onto loading the FOB crate, which shouldn't take too long. Drop it onto the Bravo pad, wait for coords, then tell an SO to accidentally OB the FOB because they misheard me. Apparently this isn't a once-in-a-lifetime thing for CTs. While I wait for the crate to be dropped to the now-decimated FOB, I'd've already hopped back onto the line to deal with the last few stragglers, telling them that, yes, the Mk1 kits are all gone.

As for the contents of the crate. Anything the FOB might need at roundstart, being: Ammo boxes, mortar kit and mortar shells loaded inside the mortar bag, building materials (metal, plasteel, sandbags), two labeled backpacks of flares. Here's a pic of my quick and dirty FOB crate:

fob_crate.jpg

Looks like the image quality on this is terrible. Thanks forums. DM me if you want a clearer pic.

By Tcomms, I'll assume it's the shipside APC. I'd wait near wherever AA is set to prevent myself from being squished should things go terribly wrong. Then haul ass to the Tcomms APC room and proceed with the following steps:

1) Break the cover off
    2) Take out powercell
    3) Unfasten electronics
    4) Remove wiring and terminal
    5) Crowbar fried circuit out
    6) Create APC new frame and use it to repair the damaged one
    7) Wire terminal
    8) Insert new power control module
    9) Fasten electronics
    10) Put powercell back in
    11) Close APC
    12) Swipe ID
    13) Turn on main breaker
    14) Swipe ID
    15) Repeatedly yell at marines that the comms are now online, not that they'll listen, anyway.

After that, scurry back to the marines and deal with the already growing pile of corpses.
    Last edited by Geeves; 04-03-2022 at 07:22 PM. Reason: image quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'll +1 that.

Typically you'd fortify Tccoms pre-crash and then escape from there rather than try and make two trips, but, i respect the self preservation instinct of waiting in a safe area.
    I didn't have too many doubts before, but, that cleared any up on my end.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming to the synth WL to repent for your marine griefing I see....

I have a few questions.

1. You’re a medic on the front. You’re reviving a dude and 5 more guys are brought to you. 1 is yellow, 1 is orange, and 1 is green but has 600 burn damage. The others besides the 600 burn victim are around 200 damage. What do you do?

2. You’re a synth and a little away from the front doing surgery (were at the front but it pushed forwards leaving you behind), and a lurker and runner tag team you (lurker pounced you) and the dude you’re doing surgery on and the runner drags the dude you were doing surgery on away tackle spamming and him stunned like that. How do you react?

3. You’re a synth trying to find the last tcomms part that got left behind by the marines (you woke up late) and need to head down with the part to finish the tcomms. The RO walks by and gives you a direct order to deliver these 4 pizza boxes to the CO in CIC right now. What do you do?
    Last edited by c4xmaniac; 04-04-2022 at 06:36 AM.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never stop griefing marines...

Thanks for the questions!

I hop onto the orange/1 minute left one, do the bare minimum to get them below 200 damage and revivable (ask a marine to do CPR if one is nearby and idle), even if they die after, their timer will be reset. Same with the yellow line, as hovering around 200 damage is fairly easy to deal with quickly if they come with open wounds. After the orange/yellows are done, I start working on the one with 600 damage. I start off by doing synth-graft to bring the damage down rapidly, once that's done, I cycle through all the limbs and use advanced-burn kits. Finally, I hit 'em with revive mix and defib spam to get them under 200 and alive again, the whole process should take under a minute if I don't make any mistakes. I pat them on the back and send them back into the fray to get incend OB'd again.

As soon as I recover from the pounce, run after the runner dragging the marine and grab the marine, which breaks the runner's grab. I do some evasive maneuvers to avoid being pounced again (aka i slap the shit out of my WASD keys), get an aggressive grab on the rine, load 'em onto my back, and run the hell back to a safe area. Ideally, this scenario never happens, as doing surgery alone in the field has many risks. In this case, it's likely both of us would have sustained more damage than surgery would have fixed.

As per the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines, this line: 'Additionally, a synthetic will not circumvent emergencies to prioritize simple orders from Command, such as the Commander telling you to clean the hangar while treating a wounded personnel.' allows me to put the order second in the priority list, as comms is fairly important to the marines, and handling pizzas would put the operation in jeopardy. I would tell the RO that I will handle their request after the part has been delivered to telecomms. If they're adamant I do it now, I'll try and find an engineer I trust and hand the part to them, but I would not take the part with me to CIC for a pizza party first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers +1
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen anyone comment on it yet but I will, the story is a huge gust of fresh air which shows me actual dedication into wanting to be a synth, so that already gives me trust.

I attest to spending time with Geeves in req, they are sharp and learn quickly, things I value highly, they can also multitask to a decent degree (for example holding a conversation while doing the req line / going along with my shenanigans) and have also seen them in medical for a brief period of time as a deployed doctor in FOB, in which they completed the surgery well and in proper time without any issues (nor did I see them trying to skirt outside the fob during that round). So do I trust Geeves in terms of knowledge? yes, do I think there's room to improve? absolutely, I would argue the thing he has to work on the most is his confidence ingame as a synth, which is a matter of getting used to the role of being that one person ingame that no matter what the task is, can get it done and most importantly can reassure others of that.

Since req is my specialty I'll put what you learnt to the test:

-It's latenight lowpop, there's no req, barely any medics or marines, would you argue you are more needed groundside more or would you stay shipside? The poor overworked SO is giving you complete liberty.
    -How would YOU as a synth make req interesting for a new ct that late-joins when you are manning it?
    Last edited by lcarapaica; 04-06-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyo! Thanks for the compliments and teaching me how to really handle Req, it's greatly appreciated.

It depends entirely on the round time. Pre-drop, I'd handle Requisitions and get as many people their attachies as possible, before hopping onto the FOB crate. I'll deploy to the FOB on second drop. Lowpop has an issue where a bunch of lurkers tend to come in and murder the lone Bravo engies and then head shipside, so I'd definitely be needed groundside, at least until the FOB is totally secure and caded. From that point onward, I'd probably run between the front and the FOB as people need healing and surgery, unless something goes crazy wrong shipside like a loose xeno or something.

I'd probably just RP with them! CT is a super stressful role, so having someone there that encourages them and actually speaks with them will ease them into the role already. Teaching them the basics with some humor thrown in seems to be the way to go. Definitely tell them not to wear beanies. Only Weenie Hut Jr's patrons wear beanies. I notice you said that I was currently manning the line; so I'd hop off and let them take the reins, pointing to the vendors if they seem lost. If they freak out, I'd reassure them and handle the order and let them try again later. Ultimately, caring for new players is one of the most important things we can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the first answer that's the standard lowpop experience really, so you got your expectations good. On the second one I do trust you to guide cts and most importantly, have that sense of humor to it. Answers check out to me and I've never had a reason give anything but a +1