User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official CM youtube channel?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Official CM youtube channel?

I have been pondering an addition to the CM community that would GREATLY help it and keep the community active on the forums/a new platform.

The addition of a formal, staff run, community based YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Here is the basic premise: The channel would have the additions of gameplay tutorials which can be updated regularly, weekly best clips of CM videos, mild shitpost-y/meme-y videos. I think this would be a GREAT help to new players. The ability to watch a short-ish tutorial could definitely help a new person to CM/SS13. A channel to the discord server where members can post CM related videos such as tutorials on how to make a sick new OT grenade, nice loadouts, montages of your new killing spree in that epic round you just played ect.

I do think this would be a great addition to the community, the only downsides I do see to this are: lack of use of forums ( I don't know it could draw more attention) and having to add extra work for staff. However a possible single person such as wiki maintainer(s) or the forums maintainer(s)."

Add comments to this idea.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an awful idea because all I'll see is a bunch of frag montage and sob that my ping is so fucking ass I will never be able to play like those guys so I have to play on russian servers instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecharge123 View Post
    I have been pondering an addition to the CM community that would GREATLY help it and keep the community active on the forums/a new platform.

The addition of a formal, staff run, community based YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Here is the basic premise: The channel would have the additions of gameplay tutorials which can be updated regularly, weekly best clips of CM videos, mild shitpost-y/meme-y videos. I think this would be a GREAT help to new players. The ability to watch a short-ish tutorial could definitely help a new person to CM/SS13. A channel to the discord server where members can post CM related videos such as tutorials on how to make a sick new OT grenade, nice loadouts, montages of your new killing spree in that epic round you just played ect.

I do think this would be a great addition to the community, the only downsides I do see to this are: lack of use of forums ( I don't know it could draw more attention) and having to add extra work for staff. However a possible single person such as wiki maintainer(s) or the forums maintainer(s)."

Add comments to this idea.
    I think its a good idea to have an official channel. It would help alot of other CM SS13 youtubers as well because we get each others videos recommended in the algorithm

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fortelian go become a CM Vtuber
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or better, make a new trend and become SPRITETUBER!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or better yet, NFTuber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better, notepad YouTuber with 009 sound system songs in the background as he gives you tips on how to shoot yourself in CM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great idea, only issue I have is whether you'll make the videos old-styled or like an ultra-modern streamer.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If YT gets clever you might get copywright striked by 20th century fox like... on all your videos or universal or whoever owns aliens franchise now.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshanks View Post
    If YT gets clever you might get copywright striked by 20th century fox like... on all your videos or universal or whoever owns aliens franchise now.
    This would be the serious issue. Added to it the cassette tapes. The chances for copy right strikes are high.