User Tag List

Thread: Why I don't play other Servers: a shitty essay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I don't play other Servers: a shitty essay.

I have not played much SS13 apart from Colonial Marines, just a few hours of Goon, but in that time I have made an observation: Chaos is a core element of SS13. In Goonstation, the chaos is always there, omnipresent, and in the forefront. Despite its inherent randomness, it grows stale. Colonial Marines is different: the chaos lurks behind the scenes, even as the briefing devolves into a bloody chair fight, there is an order to the madness, briefing ends and the marines go to the Alamo. For those on the ground, the chaos there is not the chaos of clowns or vampires or farts or lings. It is the chaos of War, the twisting of orders, as the benos press against the marines' cades. On the Almayer, there is order, usually. But when that order breaks down, the chaos that ensues is so much more than the chaos of other servers, it is a struggle against loss, not against boredom. The CL breeds greenos, an MT bombs the brig, the chef gibbs a marine, a researcher nuggets someone in the climax of a twisted game of conspiracy and madness (actually happened to me once). Chaos is not the norm shipside, which makes it so much better when it occurs. That is why I play CM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is something I've known/thought about for a while but could never really put into words

CM really is just "organised" chaos
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in short is just the only combat server with high pop. No need to go balls-deep philosophical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM is still really, really more chaotic than it used to be, but there's a pattern to it, at least.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love hopping on every fucking round and dying in 20 minutes to a lurker and make 0 attempt to play the game better to counter them. instead choosing to complain they're overpowered and propose no logical changes on how to fix them. rather choosing to use a blatantly broken piece of equipment just to counter them