User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Related LRP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predator Related LRP

We need to have a discussion about the chronic LRP related to interactions with the Predator. I'm getting sick of whole Squads of marines sitting around chatting with the Pred for 20 mins, or watching as their Squadmate gets ripped apart and them refusing to do anything because the players know they'll get shredded. It's low RP, and is not in spirit with the franchise. Hell, I even saw Xenos make a truce with the Predators earlier on Prison.

I realize that IC it might not always be the direct route to KOS, especially if the Predator is the first thing encountered on the planet, but if the marines are already engaged with the Xenos, an alien species, then they should be extremely wary of any alien species that shows up and knocks on their door, or runs around their FOB with invisibility on. I suggest that game rules be established that if contact has already been made with the Xenos, then marines should be KOS for ANY unidentified alien species. Furthermore if the Predator engages a friendly marine then the other marines around him should back him up, especially if the situation was handled IC.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather fight or kill the pred otherwise I don't really roleplay with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    I'd rather fight or kill the pred otherwise I don't really roleplay with them.
    That's my point.

I have 3 scenarios where LRP on behalf of the marines has lead to dull, anti-climatic, and OOC interactions.

Scenario #1 Solaris Ridge: Me, and a fireteam of fellow Charlies are standing guard at LZ. Predator uncloaks 20 m from the cades. I spot him first, "Hey! What the fuck! Who the hell are you? Hands up fucko!"

Other marines react.

Me: Radio: "LT we've got some Jamacian looking fuck standing outside the FOB. Advice?"

LT: "Jamacian? Does he speak English?"

Me: "Hey buddy do you speak English!"

Pred: "Garbled Pred speak."

Me: Radio: "That's a negative. LT this guy is big. I mean fucking huge."

Preadator starts talking about winning glory by killing Xenos to the other marines.

LT: "Alright well. Tell him to clear out!"

Me: "Alright buddy you need to get out of here!"

Predator doesn't respond. Keeps chatting with other marines.

Me: "Hey fucko! I said move it! Or I'll fucking pop you!"

Predator ignores me again.

I fire a warning shot.

Preadtor doesn't respond. Other marines tell me to chill out.

Me: "LT told us to clear him out. If he doesn't follow our orders he's meant to be considered hostile." "I said clear out!" Fire another warning.

Pred doesn't respond.

Me: "Alright I warned you!" Fire's shot at Pred. Shots connect.

Predator responds by blasting me with Plasma canon. I die. Fellow marines continue chatting, acting like it never happened.

Scenario #2 Prison Colony: Me, and a fireteam are moving through the halls. Pred has been spotted by now, and confirmed hostile by both SO,and SL. Pred bumps into me while cloaked. I IC freak out. Fire a burst. Shots connect. Pred uncloaks. I unload on him. Pred kills me. Fireteam again does nothing, and watches it happen.

Scenario #3 Prison Colony again: Me, and Engineer are guarding Power. I've been warding off Aliens that have cut us off from LZ. Pred walks up after a group of Xenos had just retreated. IC, I continue firing at the unknown alien. He attacks back. Kills me. Strips my corpse. The Engineer completely ignores this, and fires at the next wave of Xenos coming down the hallway. Later, after the Xenos have killed the Engineer, they're just hanging out with the Pred in the room uncloaked. I join Aliens, and find out they actually have a truce with the Preds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While its been a while since I've played as a Predator, but the biggest feeling I had about why people avoid conflict is simply that Predators are very damn nasty to fight if they are competent.

One Predator can leave dozens of people maimed or dead. With there being very little benefit to killing a Predator, and that it takes an extremely long time to get medical treatment for major wounds, most people resolve to avoid conflict and ignore it when able.

The only ways I can see to resolve this issue would be to either give the Marines a strong incentive to try and kill a Predator or to make Predators much more suspectible to gunfire.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    While its been a while since I've played as a Predator, but the biggest feeling I had about why people avoid conflict is simply that Predators are very damn nasty to fight if they are competent.

One Predator can leave dozens of people maimed or dead. With there being very little benefit to killing a Predator, and that it takes an extremely long time to get medical treatment for major wounds, most people resolve to avoid conflict and ignore it when able.

The only ways I can see to resolve this issue would be to either give the Marines a strong incentive to try and kill a Predator or to make Predators much more suspectible to gunfire.
    This right here goes double for xenos. Especially after mutator removal xenos cant fight a predator for shit without gangbanging them and even then it can be brutal. Saw a ravager hit a pred 10 times and not even do 20% damage to the pred. Preds are just way too fucking OP and will ruin your round if you go hostile at all against them. And if you do gangbang them they call all their buddies and it turns into a fight against 4 preds instead of 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't marines get a huge tech/defcon boost from Pred gear and corpse?

Also, I thought Pred law forced Preds to fight Xenos? Meaning Xenos have no choice in whether to fight the Pred as he's a threat to the Hive. If that isn't the case, then it should be. Or make the Pred's intended Prey be the Queen, thus forcing the Xenos to defend the Queen.
    Last edited by SandersdeKFC; 02-26-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators are just not a well implemented mechanic, its telling when the other clone servers usually just gut the Predators from the game.

Predators encourage the worst RP from everyone, no one wants to fight them, and Predators have so many damn rules its very hard to keep track. I failed to realize there was a SECOND rule page for Predators with even more convoluted rulings.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersdeKFC View Post
    Don't marines get a huge tech/defcon boost from Pred gear and corpse?

Also, I thought Pred law forced Preds to fight Xenos? Meaning Xenos they have no choice in whether to fight the Pred as he's a threat to the Hive. If that isn't the case, then it should be. Or make the Pred's intended Prey be the Queen, thus forcing the Xenos to defend the Queen.
    No xenos dont have to fight the pred but the preds can be dicks and attack xenos for nothing cause they are "unworthy" prey. Xenos would get slaughtered if they HAD to attack the pred every round. Only a few are robust enough to 1v1 a pred and like I said you fight in any more than 1v1 and they call all their buddies and start plasma castering everyone.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also xenos have literally nothing to gain from fighting predators. Predaliens are impossible to get because of the way you get them. You have to have like half the hive hold a pred down for 20 minutes cause you cant nest them and the pred can beat you to death with its fists none the less if it still has weapons. You have to cut off its hand so cant self destruct. You have to hold off the other preds that will do stupid shit to kill or save the infected pred (had a round where a pred literally just suicide bombed us while stealth and killed half the hive to kill the infected pred). Then if you somehow pull all this bullshit off the pred player themself gets the predalien which is complete and utter bullshit so fuck that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in need of a Predator overhaul, as they stand now they are extremely unfun to be around as a Xeno and marine, they are too much of a waste of time for the Marines and the RNG for mask removal is way too low.
    The preds should have more to fear( Facehugging, lower durability,) with that it would make them higher role-players .
    As Predators stand now they are soft griefers that follow a grief code.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates