User Tag List

Thread: Amaxin - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amaxin - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Amaxin
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Kyomi Sin'vah, some random names
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Not a nice person#8352
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A but 10 characters
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    n/a
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Dyno
    Total Ban Duration
    perma
    Remaining Duration
    perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nah
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    nah fam
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: You were asked nicely to stop. You constantly sit around and make shitty, off-hand comments towards people and refuse to improve.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    Hi, it's me again. I know you missed me, and you might've been wondering why I've been, and why have I missed my court date. I've been doing other things. I know, I know, big shame. Late, but I'm here. I have fifteen minutes to plead my case.

Gonna start off with responding to the post in my last appeal, which I never had the chance to. An example of me saying "talking to staff is generally a bad idea" was taken out of the game with me saying it in d-chat, around a week after I appealed. In that time period, I was meant to talk to Lunarflu on the Discord and discuss the nature of my ban, a solution, anything. For the first 24 hours of contact, I was left with nothing, which I assume they added me to talk about it. I didn't have much to say since I still didn't know which rule did I specifically broke, after which I made a longer post explaining my point of view and presented a few examples of me displaying a better attitude that I was accused of - just to be told that I broke rule 1 by being a dick, where the contact was dropped. Wasn't much of a talk, let alone constructive, but moving on.
    I was told to prove the doubters wrong, and show that I can be productive. After scouring the forums where I could potentially be exactly that, I've noticed a cycle where even a good, constructive post (let's take Don's critique of the server state, for example.) soon gets derailed by shitposters, people start derailing the conversation just to eventually turn it into yet another post with no essence. The forums are overwhelmed by off-topic nudges derailing every thread, where people start bickering and arguing instead of discussing what matters. The only cool sections that existed were the character dossiers and art & stories, which honestly really died down after the roleplay standards dropped.
    Speaking of which, I'm really glad to see that you guys are working on these. I've been saying for months that the roleplay standards need to be actually enforced by staff for them to improve, and it seems to be working rather well so far.

Continuing, there's been a bit of discrepancy when it comes to the Discord ban appeals. I see people calling staff the funny p-word, getting accepted from the get go. People posting NSFW content, also being allowed in. However, someone who agreed with a burned out manager that they should retire? Stuck in purgatory.
    Last but not least, last time I played there was an in-game mention, every time I connected, that there's new, important rules in place, and they are posted on the Discord. Problem is, they were only on the Discord, not on the forums. How am I supposed to follow them if I don't know what they are? Luckily didn't get in trouble because of them, but it'd feel extremely unfair if I did.

This was my fifteen minutes, your honour. My lawyer is not present, that will be all, thank you for listening.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After thinking for a while, your appeal is accepted. It's not a very good appeal but I think you've served your time.

Currently rule 1 as enforced is more lenient in channels like #last-round-chat. I suggest taking banter there and keeping it between friends.