Boiler 481
    Their BYOND Key
    Awan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    December 28 - 4:45 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Abuse of Power, Preserve the RP of the Server
    Description of the incident
    Awan decided to run an event on Prison where there were Mercs inside the crashed ship. The ship was sealed tight aside from the right side where they had cades and a turret, along with an airlock similar to the one on ice at LZ2 where it is invincible. As the boiler, I was melting walls nearby so that I could fire at them, and spent over 10 minutes doing so while the rest of the hive waited for me to create an opening. All of this was happening while the marines advanced on us as we wanted to eliminate this threat so close to our hive before the marines got close. However, Awan decided to spawn invincible walls out of nowhere making the crashed ship completely impenetrable. I asked him about it in an adminhelp and he claimed it was for an event that was meant for later. This caused us to waste our time trying to break into the ship while the marines advanced, ultimately leading to the death of myself and other xenos along with interference of the round balance. This constituted both an abuse of power and the creation of a very low RP situation as walls magically appeared in front of our eyes as we tried to break into the ship. He could have let it play out as these mercs and a hangar door they could have locked anyway, but instead, he chose to abuse his powers by interfering and making a joke of the roleplay.
    Evidence
    There are logs of my adminhelp and there were about 10 Xenos and the mercs that saw him spawn the walls.
    How you would punish the accused
    I would suggest a probation as his actions certainly caused problems in the round and made a lot of people unhappy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes. I did do this and I also think that I was right for doing it.

Now in here the green is where the 2 walls were placed. The door was already gone.
    The yellow is walls that I knew were melted and I know they will be brough up here.
    The blue line is where marines will come from.

The freelancers were there spawned in for an event. That is within my rights. They were there to patch up the ship and my goal was to make it flyable to the almayer later.
    (Through a bit of dev magic. Neth thinks I am insane for that.)
    I was making sure Xeno's were not dying because of me doing this. During events we run one side should not be given a significant benefits over the other.
    If I let multiple Xeno's die I was doing so. But if I let the freelancers get captured I was doing the same.
    I would not have let either of these happen.

Now, marines were landed. I can see the exact objectives marines get. Guess what the objective was? Go to the crashed ship. Marines would arrive from the blue arrow.
    There is 0 ways for xeno's who are sieging the east door to get out if marines arrive there. You being a boiler/slow would be very likely to be killed.
    There was also 12 (7/8 at the door 4 trying to find another way in.) xeno's sieging a location I have held with neth for 30 minutes causing 8 xeno deaths in the past.
    Even without me doing anything to stop it I would find it impropable you would have gotten in there before marines were there.
    Next up the marines were already engaging xeno's. Whereever they were fighting they were missing 12 xeno's this quite a lot.
    So in my opinion I had to take the target away as there was tunnelvision towards trying to get in there.

I placed the walls because I think it is better for the fun of the server.
    Code:
    [16:51:52]ADMIN: HELP: Griffith78/(Young Boiler (481)): An admin built walls on the crashed ship where we have been trying to break in for the last 10 minutes - heard by 12 non-AFK admins.
    [16:51:55]ADMIN: Awan has used 'Mark' on the Adminhelp from <a href='?priv_msg=[0x5000038]'>Griffith78</a>/(<font color='#FFA500'>Young Boiler (481)</font>).
    [16:52:06]ADMIN: PM: Awan/(unknown)->Griffith78/(Young Boiler (481)): You wont get in for now. It is part of an event.
    [16:52:21]ADMIN: PM: Awan/(unknown)->Griffith78/(Young Boiler (481)): I did not do it sooner because there were no marines. They are here now.
    [16:52:21]ADMIN: PM: Griffith78/(Young Boiler (481))->Awan/(unknown): ah ok
    Code:
    [16:46:01]SAY: X/(Pierce Jackson) has made Command Announcement: Command Announcement - Reports of hostile alien lifeforms in the AO. Shoot on sight.

Charlie, be aware. There is a reading on the tactical map located at the crashed ship. Once the power is done, proceed with caution.

Commodore Pierce Jackson - Pierce Jackson (Commanding Officer)

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was in during the test assisting, if you can call it that way. Although usually a warning is given to both sides, that warning may be omitted if knowledge of one of the sides of conflict may greatly shift the round.

Now, the fact that the entire hive decided to wait and breach into the ship even after it got sealed is understandable - you want new hosts, you don't want hostiles in your rear.

However. Events are a rare thing, so we are obligated even more to people who we take from the standard round format and add them to an event. Now there was two ways to do it. One - let you all thru for a last stand fight against the ships crew. That in the flow of the round mightve done more harm than not letting you melt the podlock. In a round I think this event is trying to recreate, I and Awan as survivors got locked in the crashed ship after stealing an M56 from marines and we killed aLOT of t3s.

Second option was to stall the conflict and try to make them unreachable. Which is a better one, although I think it would be even better idea to close off the north exit not letting them out or making it stuck on open, but in the thick of it you sometimes are fixed on other stuff you need to do in the moment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I do want to add.
    Code:
    [16:53:26]ATTACK: X (X) shot the Young Boiler (481) (griffith78) with a shotgun slug in the Medium-Security Storage (<A HREF='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=148;Y=89;Z=1'>JMP</a>)
    [16:54:06]ATTACK: X (X) shot the Young Boiler (481) (griffith78) with a shotgun slug in the Medium-Security Cellblock North (<A HREF='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=147;Y=79;Z=1'>JMP</a>)
    [16:54:35]ATTACK: X (X) shot the Mature Boiler (481) (griffith78) with an anti-armor rocket in the Medium-Security Cellblock North (<A HREF='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=145;Y=87;Z=1'>JMP</a>)
    According to those this is the area you died in.

That is not marines sneaking up on you while trying to get in there that is a lost battle on the Xeno's part.
    The fact that that was the marine location 2 minutes after I placed down the walls only confirms for me that if I had not they would have managed to sneak up on 30% of the alive xeno's.
    Without those having a way out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I appreciate you trying to prevent the Xenos from dying, I still find the action of spawning walls/having unmeltable podlocks low rp. Nonetheless, I understand that it is a difficult balance to keep everyone happy during an event. After hearing your side of the story, I find it appropriate to withdraw the complaint.

Head Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report withdrawn by OP, closing and moving.