Marine Name
    Roscoe Mendez

Other Whitelist Applications
    none

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Jason

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Jason is casual but loyal synth. Originally build to assist in janitorial duties on a ship. Including repairs, cleaning, set ups (Having sections set up for those who work in them) and helping the command in task they may require. He would be well known as the "Helper" to the marines and grew to the name.

Jason was given a radioman or Walkman by a marine to listen to pre recorded songs that a marine listened to during his tours. He would be seen walking about doing his duties while listening to Give Me Shelter, mostly on repeat and was his only favorite song.

Jason is a "helper" in his programming but want to make sure that those how need his service get the above and beyond satisfaction.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I have been a marine for 2 years since my friends got me introduced to the game and i have hopped from Engineer, Medic, Doctor for a little, Smart Gunner, PO, Cargo Tech and RO, and even MP. I have had fun with these role and want to expand in CM more. Synth was a role that I thought about and seeing them on the field in game interested me as i saw them play. I've had interest always but wanted to do more roles and get experience before going for it.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    My most memorable interaction has to be of a Synth, can't remember their name, assisting me while being a medic. It was at the front line and i had mass Casualties. Other medics were dead or being revived and i was the only one. The synth helped me bring back wounded and helped me save marines. He even saved me from being snatched by a warrior where they had to withdraw and patched me up.

Synthetic Character Story
    Jason was assigned to the Almayer to assist in janitorial duties. He was always a help on the ship and performed his duties to the up most of his capabilities.

Jason has always been a peaceful synth and followed all task to the dot. He saw conflict on the ship but never interfered as it was not in his program too. He would notify personal that are authorized to handle conflicts and go about doing his sole assignment.

Each day after his day is down he would go to his pod and shut down for the day but each day as they go on he would read a book that a marine gave him Titled "What more could you do"

The marine that gave it to him was Mendez. He was a marine of 2 years who was a Marine Corpsman and he would be the only marine that would ever interact with Jason. Each day while he is cleaning in front of the dinning hall, Mendez would come up, same time everyday "Jason, my robot from another Mother AI, how you doing?!" Jason would respond the same "Just as always Mendez. Are you okay? Do you require assistance?"

Mendez would always try to get Jason to show their better side everyday. He would have conversations with Jason all the time and was even the one to give Jason a Walkman with prerecorded songs but Jason to fond to Give Me Shelter more as that would be on repeat. He would give him books to read, and check on him if Mendez passed by.

"Hey Jason, have you given that book a chance yet?" He would ask

"I finished it before powering down, Mendez. It was most interesting. I thank you for the book. Would you like it back?"

"No no, keep it. I get looks of books in the mail and when i finish i give them to you."

"Thank you Mendez."

One day there was an alert and the marine were ordered to investigate a plant that went dark. Mendez still keep up with Jason would tell him

"Hey Jason got a mission to a planet. Went dark suddenly and we are gonna check it out. Wish me luck probably nothing."

"Okay Mendez, Good luck."

Mendez pat Jason on the back and ran off to join the Marines.

12 hours later they would return and Jason was in the Hanger cleaning up and setting for the return. He would see the bay doors open and the ship land. Once the doors open see all the Marine rush off, injured, heavily wounded and carted off to medical. He did not see Mendez return....

He did not know what compelled him, but he didn't move until he saw that Mendez had return. He would walk up to another Corpsman and ask

"Have you seen Lcpl Mendez?"

The Marine was hesitant to answer and showed his dog tags. Nearly melted but could make out the name.

"Ah i see....May i have the personnel tags?"

He gave them to Jason...cupped them in his hand and the marine walked away.

Jason never had felt any feeling toward any human before and didn't understand why he had them, but Mendez left that on Jason and carried his tags with him everyday since then.

Jason still carrying his Walkman and now tags around his neck, would continue to do his assign duty, wondering if there could be more that he could do...reading the same titled book every night before shut down....thinking if he could do what Mendez did...and help those as he help.....

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I have 30 hours in Engineering. I know how to build, enhance cades, repair an APC, smart placements for building, repair and take down cades

How familiar are you with Command?
    I do not have much experience is command as much as i tried Staff officer for 2 hours as over watch for Alpha. In squad leader i have 7 hours.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I have 34 hours in Corpsman.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very well. Even tho i have 12.5 hours it was easy to learn and handle without having to salvage and go through the budget or have problems due to budget.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    -If a combat caste is actively trying to kill me and I can not get out of the situation, I can defend myself till they are either neutralized or runoff.
    - A xeno has a marine and is mauling them, I can rush to get the marine out of there and get the xeno to retreat in order to save the marine.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    None other than thank you for taking time to read and thank you for a new experience as CM.
    Last edited by Roscoe Mendez; 04-12-2022 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man you've got SOUL but the app doesn't really meet the standards. The character is almost a character, but its not quite there. The backstory doesn't really show off what you're trying to do either, its just too short. I'd recommend going to #whitelist-app-help on the discord and asking there for help with your app, and in the meantime withdraw this app.
    Synth Gaming

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Your skill questions could have been expanded upon with some specifics of each department. Posting hours is not a bad move but it definitely helps to alleviate any of my concerns by including what the important skills to know in each department are and if you know them.

Combat question was answered correctly, not too much more to say there.

More time needs to be put into your Synth's quirk/personality. I feel like you can definitely create something that is fun to play in-game and also fun to interact with as a Marine, but you'll need to expand it further.

Overall, this is a -1. I believe with some assistance from whitelisted members your next application be better.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is denied.

"He did not know what compelled him, but he didn't move until he saw that Mendez had return. He would walk up to another Corpsman and ask" Synths don't gain emotional connections. You should reevaluate what you know about synths.
    Synthetic Senator