Date of Incident
    April 11, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Locke 'CAS' Briggs

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Travis Wright

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7:30-8:35ish USCT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11

Description of the incident:
    Travis was an MP, it had been red alert due to a hive being formed on the ship and multiple severe incidents occurring on the ship. Ship level had lowered to green alert. the MP at this point had been wearing full marine armor, helmet and uniform, and had an m4 and tactical shotgun with them. I was in pursuit of the CMO for arrest, and asked the CMP to use lethals/break down research door to get to him, who was wanted for multiple capital crimes and such. Afterwards the CMP promptly denied use of lethals, meanwhile Travis ignored this use and attempted to shoot the CMO twice, I think hitting him once or twice, and shooting me and the SEA in crossfire. After about 5 minutes of chasing the CMO, he had returned to research area and we moved in to arrest him. The CMO had two shotguns with him, travis then shot the CMO, making him shoot back at us, and caused a crossfire with the CMO ending the CMOs life.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I forgot to take screenshots, but check logs from this date to confirm the actions.

What resolution are you seeking?
    Proper punishment for the MP;

using marine gear instead of MP gear

using lethal power on green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMP that hell round.
    Fast-forwarding to the point where Locke asked me about permission to us lethal I did say no. IICR I also said "taze em" or something to that end. If more info is needed from me I will be watching this report.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the SEA this round, so I can confirm this happened. Because the CMO kept hiding in research and several hives had cropped up (one in the CL's office, one wiped out in research before any of the monkeys could burst, and a third in engineering that was formed by the survivors of the first hive and presumably an infusion of monkeys from somewhere) I was more or less stuck helping the MPs. I recall someone asking if he could use lethals and getting told no by the CMP as Copper said. After this I let the MPs into research and they went to get the CMO. For some reason Travis hung back while Locke went forward and I stepped south by the window to stay out of their way and maybe get a flash in if needed. The CMO booked it to the door and Travis opened fire with a pulse rifle, missing the CMO with every shot but nailing Locke and me. I think the main reason I remember it is because afterwards I spent a short while screaming at him over being careless enough to shoot both his fellow MP and me with lethals after being told to use nonlethal methods where possible.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper Wilson
    Diegoflores31
    Firecharge123
    FGRSentinel
    r9b1t

Initial arrest orders, not quite the start, but I dont think what happened earlier has much bearing.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Travis stating they will use lethals, tho without intent to kill. Also that they have left their taser behind, it is unclear if they left all their non lethals or just their taser. CMP lags out and maybe misses this bit, unclear.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Newly discovered hive in engi cuts the arrest short.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Incuded this ahelp chain as cmo talks about the mps using lethlas against him, this is earlier then logs would indicate otherwise.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discussion of alert level by mps.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Cmo locks himself in again, and somehow dies to a fuel tank.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mps some how manage to fail to arrest him and he get away. The main incident reported happens here too where Travis shoots his fellow marines.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admission of intent to use lethals, but not to kill.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sea reports the issue to the CMP and more shootouts happen, ive cut logs short here as from here on both side clearly and openly use lethals.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reviewing the logs and piecing together what happened in the round as best I was able, it does appear the MP being reported did break ML during the course of the round.

Please be advised that when you play MP you are expected to know and follow ML, including when using lethal weapons is allowed and following CMP orders.
    If you have questions about what does or does not fall within CM's ML, you can check in IC with the CMP, Warden or SEA or you can hit F1 to contact staff or one of our mentors for help.

r9b1t - I’ll be placing a note on your account to reflect the above. Because there are no previous notes, and because the logs suggest that this wasn’t intentional griefing , I don’t think further action is needed at this time, but please be advised that future instances of breaking ML as an MP could result in a job ban.