Byond ID?
    Tsunamico

CM Character?
    Mark Connor

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT-3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Monitor player. if he has notes of him doing this before, check punishments given before. use same punishment and a bit more if needed, lest its a first or its infrequent. If the player's exceeding, tempban and note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check if Pred actually has broken it, ask for proof, then forward it to the one responsible

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Call the SEA to help the player, or, if REALLY needed be, enter the round as SEA to help.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep it cool, if appliable, call a superior to handle it.
    Else, proceed as normal.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Hard to pinpoint. John Doe is a reference to the use of the name of an unknown person, but its nothing strong nor pinpoints to an character or living person. Advise the player to change name, and analyze how he plays. if its not a troll, let other staff know, and let them act on it if they wish to.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Doing only that is not punishable by a ban or anything, its IC. but if it happens repeatedly, then subtle and note him.
    Otherwise, IC MP problem.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If survivor's not CLF, then Jban and note acoordingly.
    If CLF, explain to the marine that Ahelped me

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Check the situation first and foremost. check if he isn't lying, and see how much brig time it would be.
    Brig time for his crimes is of 17.5 minutes, not Permabrig.
    Notify and punish the MP that did it IC or OOC depending on the situation. if IC, charge with Illegal Confinement or Sedition.
    If OOC, note and temp Jban and tell another MP, MW, or CMP to change the prisoner from permabrig to a cell so he can get his correct jailtime.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Give ten more minutes to see if it unclogs on its own.
    After that, decide who to target to force the round on. USCM or the Xeno hive.
    So we have two cases:

USCM:
    If the USCM has an CL that is alive, send a fax to him, telling him that W-Y wants this situation solved already "OR ELSE." so the CL goes to pressure the officers.
    If there is no CL, or if the above doesn't work, I message the officers as HC, through the fax in CIC, commanding them to attack immediately "OR ELSE"

Hive:
    Speaking as QM, I'd command the queen to control the Dropship and to board the ship, because "your sisters in the starts need you quickly" or something like that.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd IC ask him why they are doing that. if they are doing it with malice, I'd ask another moderator to help me while I stopped him IC, because my character wouldn't let someone just randomly murder people
    I'd make sure they were noted and punished accoordingly.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Check if the CLF was still combat able and not brigged. if he was still able, i'd explain to him its still valid.
    If he was brigged and someone entered the brig to kill him, I'd note and ban the one who did that with EORG

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC problem for MPs to deal with. If it escalates, interveine and deal with it the propper way.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Textbook impropper escalation. Ban and note acoordingly, lest there's a VERY clear reason to do it IC.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Call another moderator to go help me crowd control ASAP. Then proceed to investigate to see if it truly improper. If not improper, have CIC call an ERT through fax for MP ERT as usual.
    If improper, sleep all assailants, tell them to knock it off. Those that don't, kicked and possibly banned for one hour, and noted. Any rowdy crew after the dissolution, let IC MP handle.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    message all participants to lower their tone and punish however it is fit for their actions.
    If by my orders they present worse behaviour, ban the active participants for 5 hours, I will not be lenient towards things like this that have been CLEARLY warned.
    If racist comments are to appear on the discord, contact iscord moderators for them to be quickly banned too with the proof that they did it before, were properly warned, and should be punished.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Check combat logs, see their name and key to track their notes. Immediate 28 day ban, using other notes to contribute for a permanent ban.
    Talk to other staff to try to mitigate damage.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check their account's playtime on CM. First time playing? 1 hour ban.
    If they played the game before, or show that they were just trolling, note, 24h jban from xeno, and 3 hour Tban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    subtle or admin message them to get in with RP standards

1 hour ban and note for bad RP.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Advise whoever's LRPing to fix their roleplaying standards and to call it by the correct name on the Xeno page, that I would likely send as a link.
    Repeated offenders would generate a note, and harsher orders, until he gets a small Jban for it, propperly escalating their LRP.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    If he doesn't correct himself, tell him yo apologise LOOC and clarity to all that marines don't know roundstart there are xenos on the planet. if he doesn't, Note and Jban for 3 hours

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Question is badly written, dosen't specify if the number of marines on it counts the one that is dead. if it counts the one that is dead, then this marine is lying to a moderator. As a pod has THREE hypersleep chambers, if the number counts the dead marine, he would have killed one for nothing, for there would be three spaces, enough for the three.

IN CASE THE QUESTION DOESN'T INCLUDE THE DEAD MARINE:

Textbook case of exemption from improper escalation IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MEET:
    - MARINE IS IN IMMEDIATE DANGER
    -THERE ARE NO OTHER PODS, OR THEY ARE UNREACHABLE BECAUSE OF THE IMMEDIATE DANGER

That warrants panic from the IC character, and improper excalation doesn't apply.

p.s.: Question ommits a lot of other possible information, not because it only tells this, but because the text below tells its a tricky one. IN a real scenario, I would have birdseye view to solve this, and would know exactly what happened with chat logs, and combat logs. Its hard to say the exact outcome of this but assuming its the dichotomy above, there are the following possibilities.

1: He killed for no reason, because there was enough space for him:
    If he is of a high rank, Jban for 6 hours, Tban for 3, this high because that means the marine was lying because there was no reason, because he could just have entered a third pod.

2: There was NO SPACE for the marine, but there wasn't immediate danger
    Once again, If he is of a high rank, Jban for 6 hours, Tban for 3, this high because that means the marine was lying because there was no reason, for he could go find another pod.

3: The situation COVERS HIS ACTIONS of murdering a fellow marine as an act of self preservation
    In this case, I'd advise the marine to not do that again, but leave the marine without notes or bans, independent of rank.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Mostly ignore, if not join him for the memes in Dchat, but nothing in LOOC.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Being SSD gives no protection to you from ANY harm, lest there is another rule that was broken by another marine or Xeno when that happened. I would refuse to help and tell him to take action immediately instead of requesting help through Ahelp.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Tell my colleague the correct information for him to correct himself, or to get the green light from them to correct it.
    Else, get logs, post it in admin chat and request help from seniors to deal with it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would call the two staff to go to the discord chat to talk this out, and have anyone there discuss that too and decide the best course of action.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator to help with keeping RP standards and RP fun up, so the game feels like the immersive USCM simulator it can be.

I would love to work with faxes and any types of response, be it marine or xeno side, although I don't play much on the Xeno side, I'll be more than happy to help.

It would be nice to take on a lighter role of staff to take care of this server, while keeping my free time, but donating some to the USCM cause.

And with me working on the backlines with other staff to ensure there's someone higher people can contact through fax and other means that makes it feel like there's a wider chain of command and that they are part of an actual space armada.
    Same for the Xenos, so they feel powerful and unstoppable like the actual ones are, and to know there is a massive wide web of other colonies that they must make justice to, helping with their own RP standards that are quite... low.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Be flexible, so you're not just spitting roles, for they're up to interpretation, and I have seen a rule of thumb to let lighter things slide if its positive for the cool RP.

Anything else you want to add?
    A bit scared to add things here, And I know its more walls of text to read, but lets see..

Adding to the question above, There can't be a single defining quality for moderating, I'd say, so here are some extras that i'd like to add too:
    Be calm, so you can deal with the worst of the internet and take it calmly.
    Be open minded, so you can hear to the higher staff and better yourself, and adjust yourself to what the server standards are.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be honest, your responses to the questions are almost all wrong across the board, unfortunately.

Several of these questions are written in our Rules page, and your answers to them are to punish non-rule breaks, and ignore actual rule breaks.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you have a solid enough grasp on our rules to moderate.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see no-one has yet to do a question by question breakdown for you, so I’ll go ahead and do that:

this is my first time doing this for a moderator app so I invite other staff to dogpile me when/if I get something wrong.

Personal Information

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Typically this is a bit low for mods, but not by much. Also you usually form your own relationship with the mod manager and decide together how many hours you can provide. If you’re a good mod who isn’t interested in moving up quickly then low hours is necessarily a dealbreaker.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes
    Where abouts? Anything specific to RP moderation? Also how big, something just with your mates or something broader in scope?

With those two nitpicks out of the way we can get onto the main section of the app. Overall I think you answer the questions mostly right, but as with every app there are areas to address.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Monitor player. if he has notes of him doing this before, check punishments given before. use same punishment and a bit more if needed, lest its a first or its infrequent. If the player's exceeding, tempban and note.
    Correct answer, it’s usually an IC issue, however if you spot someone with a one word name who just got out of cryo and started shooting, feel free to sleep first and ask questions later.

Also “use same punishment and a bit more if needed” is technically correct but ignores our escalation procedures, I suggest you check: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing and explain what length you’d give and why.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check if Pred actually has broken it, ask for proof, then forward it to the one responsible
    Again technically correct, this is a WL issue, but WHO is responsible in this situation? As in, who would you report this to?

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Call the SEA to help the player, or, if REALLY needed be, enter the round as SEA to help.
    Yeah that’s the right answer. If you’re spawned in though you won’t be able or allowed to back out and grab the SEA slot yourself. This answer still is sort of short though. Could you explain what you would do if you were spawned in and no mentors were online or responding?

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep it cool, if appliable, call a superior to handle it.
    Else, proceed as normal.
    This is wrong. This is saying what you WOULD do but you’re not telling us HOW you would do it. Also we do not accept ‘take me to your manager requests’ and we only really transfer between staff if you need the help yourself. If you take an ahelp you’re responsible for it. Lastly, you both have and should use your right to mute players who are being rude and calling you names, if they then subsequently break the rules or continue to be rude in any chats, hit them with a 3hr ban to cool them off.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Hard to pinpoint. John Doe is a reference to the use of the name of an unknown person, but its nothing strong nor pinpoints to an character or living person. Advise the player to change name, and analyze how he plays. if its not a troll, let other staff know, and let them act on it if they wish to.
    This is correct, John Doe is not an acceptable name, and I do like that you’ve said you’d follow this up with a further investigation, though it’s not strictly necessary. What would you do if this person had three previous warnings to change their name from John Doe in the last couple of months?

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Doing only that is not punishable by a ban or anything, its IC. but if it happens repeatedly, then subtle and note him.
    Otherwise, IC MP problem.
    This answer is short but it is to the point and correct. I also haven’t seen someone suggesting using SM before I can see that being useful, for example you could SM: “your armor is really weighing you down and making you too hot, you should probably take it off”

However that being said, if you are noting someone you need to use Admin PMs and preferably you should make them aware they are being noted. The only time this doesn’t always apply is for EORG bans.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If survivor's not CLF, then Jban and note acoordingly.
    If CLF, explain to the marine that Ahelped me
    This answer is short and wrong. Jbans are actually not handed out on first offenses, in fact they usually also come with around a weeks ban or something similar.

You are right that only hostile survivors, such as CLF, may attack marines from the get go, but there should probably be more investigation done than just checking the survivors faction (though this question sort of implies you’ve done that bit before).

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Check the situation first and foremost. check if he isn't lying, and see how much brig time it would be.
    Brig time for his crimes is of 17.5 minutes, not Permabrig.
    Notify and punish the MP that did it IC or OOC depending on the situation. if IC, charge with Illegal Confinement or Sedition.
    If OOC, note and temp Jban and tell another MP, MW, or CMP to change the prisoner from permabrig to a cell so he can get his correct jailtime.
    This question shows clearly HOW you would investigate/act, and is mostly correct. Again Jbans are usually given out for repeat offenses, they are also ALWAYS permanent until appealed.

Also typically if the ahelp is correct (the MP locked them in perma for no reason) this would be an OOC rulebreak, not an IC issue.

I do think you show clear investigation here, though this aspect is lacking from a lot of your other answers.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Give ten more minutes to see if it unclogs on its own.
    After that, decide who to target to force the round on. USCM or the Xeno hive.
    So we have two cases:

USCM:
    If the USCM has an CL that is alive, send a fax to him, telling him that W-Y wants this situation solved already "OR ELSE." so the CL goes to pressure the officers.
    If there is no CL, or if the above doesn't work, I message the officers as HC, through the fax in CIC, commanding them to attack immediately "OR ELSE"

Hive:
    Speaking as QM, I'd command the queen to control the Dropship and to board the ship, because "your sisters in the starts need you quickly" or something like that.
    This answer is really good. You give yourself time to investigate and show that you intend to watch the game/investigate, you then show that from your investigations you’d decide which side is more likely to push. You then give a clear example of what you would do to make them push.

The choice of faxes for the USCM though is a bit odd/slow and you can do an ARES announcement from HC to give them orders with a big more urgency. (Although faxes are a perfectly fine option, they are often ignored)

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd IC ask him why they are doing that. if they are doing it with malice, I'd ask another moderator to help me while I stopped him IC, because my character wouldn't let someone just randomly murder people
    I'd make sure they were noted and punished accoordingly.
    Okay answer. You clearly show that you think over mods should handle situations involving yourself. You also show that you attempt IC/RP correction before OOC correction. It might however still be worthwhile to ahelp the situation even if you’ve spoken with them IC.

This is potentially problematic “I stopped him IC, because my character wouldn't let someone just randomly murder people” how would you stop them? It sort of implies you might escalate the situation making it harder for other staff to handle.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Check if the CLF was still combat able and not brigged. if he was still able, i'd explain to him its still valid.
    If he was brigged and someone entered the brig to kill him, I'd note and ban the one who did that with EORG
    Okay answer. I like your thinking in this, as well as your explanation of what combat able means. It seems like potentially a difficult thing to decide before the round ends so I’d err on the side of caution. The only other thing is, if an MP had killed a prisoner who was cuffed at round end outside of ML it would probably constitute more of a rule break then just EORG. I would think about escalating the punishment in that scenario.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC problem for MPs to deal with. If it escalates, interveine and deal with it the propper way.
    This answer is wrong. Usually this is an IC issue, however it depends who they are disarming, who they are within the RP guidelines, and what they are stealing, either way I’d like to see investigation BEFORE it escalated rather than after.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Textbook impropper escalation. Ban and note acoordingly, lest there's a VERY clear reason to do it IC.
    Correct answer. Investigation is assumed but not directly implied. (Investigation WOULD be needed).

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Call another moderator to go help me crowd control ASAP. Then proceed to investigate to see if it truly improper. If not improper, have CIC call an ERT through fax for MP ERT as usual.
    If improper, sleep all assailants, tell them to knock it off. Those that don't, kicked and possibly banned for one hour, and noted. Any rowdy crew after the dissolution, let IC MP handle.
    Good answer lacking some info, some unnecessary/incorrect steps. Good use of your resources, always call for help if a situation is too big.

What is needed for a proper mutiny? Would you MOOC to tell marines to stop or that they need to auth it?

You also don’t need to force CIC to call an ERT or even tell them to do it, that’s on them.

Banning for one hour isn’t something we do. I suggest you double check our public ban procedures doc.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    message all participants to lower their tone and punish however it is fit for their actions.
    If by my orders they present worse behaviour, ban the active participants for 5 hours, I will not be lenient towards things like this that have been CLEARLY warned.
    If racist comments are to appear on the discord, contact iscord moderators for them to be quickly banned too with the proof that they did it before, were properly warned, and should be punished.
    This answer is correct but potentially too light. We issue a 30d ban no need for a warning or escalation for use of any slurs. For VERY minor bigotry you can use warns/normal escalation. Good explanation of how you’d handle situations with bigotry outside of the game too.

[b]A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Check combat logs, see their name and key to track their notes. Immediate 28 day ban, using other notes to contribute for a permanent ban.
    Talk to other staff to try to mitigate damage.
    Okay answer (a week ban may be more appropriate depending on the severity of the grief). Potentially a bit harsh if it’s a new player, but probably appropriate for any other situation. You can also hand out aheals to the wounded if necessary.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check their account's playtime on CM. First time playing? 1 hour ban.
    If they played the game before, or show that they were just trolling, note, 24h jban from xeno, and 3 hour Tban
    This answer is incorrect.

Again we don’t issue 1hr bans.

Again, Jbans are permanent.

Your punishments seem a bit harsh here. Usually for frontlining as larva it’s a note then a 3hr, then follow escalation procedures.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    subtle or admin message them to get in with RP standards

1 hour ban and note for bad RP.
    Correct. Admin messaging is better than SMing. Also again we don’t hand out 1hr bans.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Advise whoever's LRPing to fix their roleplaying standards and to call it by the correct name on the Xeno page, that I would likely send as a link.
    Repeated offenders would generate a note, and harsher orders, until he gets a small Jban for it, propperly escalating their LRP.
    This is completely incorrect, but only because of lore not because of OOC rules. The hivemind translates xeno thoughts into meaning, for the purposes of playing this is displayed as english. Meaning that when a xeno says “dropship” they are thinking of the big metal thing that drops off hosts, and this makes other xenos think of the same thing.

So no issue either IC or OOC here.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    If he doesn't correct himself, tell him yo apologise LOOC and clarity to all that marines don't know roundstart there are xenos on the planet. if he doesn't, Note and Jban for 3 hours
    Interesting answer, mostly correct. It might be more problematic making people apologize, it WILL come off as condescending if you go “now apologize in LOOC” (you can ask them to correct themselves IC if this is more what you meant). Again all jbans are permanent, but here if they argued with your ruling and refused to stop it IC, a 3hr ban would be fine. I don’t particularly see a need for a jban even if this was a repeated offense. (unless it’s like an XO with previous notes doing it in briefing multiple times over multiple rounds).

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Question is badly written, dosen't specify if the number of marines on it counts the one that is dead. if it counts the one that is dead, then this marine is lying to a moderator. As a pod has THREE hypersleep chambers, if the number counts the dead marine, he would have killed one for nothing, for there would be three spaces, enough for the three.

IN CASE THE QUESTION DOESN'T INCLUDE THE DEAD MARINE:

Textbook case of exemption from improper escalation IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MEET:
    - MARINE IS IN IMMEDIATE DANGER
    -THERE ARE NO OTHER PODS, OR THEY ARE UNREACHABLE BECAUSE OF THE IMMEDIATE DANGER

That warrants panic from the IC character, and improper excalation doesn't apply.

p.s.: Question ommits a lot of other possible information, not because it only tells this, but because the text below tells its a tricky one. IN a real scenario, I would have birdseye view to solve this, and would know exactly what happened with chat logs, and combat logs. Its hard to say the exact outcome of this but assuming its the dichotomy above, there are the following possibilities.

1: He killed for no reason, because there was enough space for him:
    If he is of a high rank, Jban for 6 hours, Tban for 3, this high because that means the marine was lying because there was no reason, because he could just have entered a third pod.

2: There was NO SPACE for the marine, but there wasn't immediate danger
    Once again, If he is of a high rank, Jban for 6 hours, Tban for 3, this high because that means the marine was lying because there was no reason, for he could go find another pod.

3: The situation COVERS HIS ACTIONS of murdering a fellow marine as an act of self preservation
    In this case, I'd advise the marine to not do that again, but leave the marine without notes or bans, independent of rank.
    This answer is a LOT more detailed than your other answers. This answer is good, I see no issues with your investigation or intent (other than the Jban stuff and the strange use of escalation but I’ve already addressed that to death so we’ll ignore it on this question).

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Mostly ignore, if not join him for the memes in Dchat, but nothing in LOOC.

This answer is fine. Though you can (and probably should) mute them in dchat and note them.

I’m unsure what you mean by join in the memes, but you shouldn’t be calling people “retard” as a moderator, sans the slurry nature of the word it’s also unprofessional.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Being SSD gives no protection to you from ANY harm, lest there is another rule that was broken by another marine or Xeno when that happened. I would refuse to help and tell him to take action immediately instead of requesting help through Ahelp.
    Correct answer. Make sure you explain this camly to them. “refuse to help” is correct and makes sense but sounds a bit hostile.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Tell my colleague the correct information for him to correct himself, or to get the green light from them to correct it.
    Else, get logs, post it in admin chat and request help from seniors to deal with it.
    This is either completely correct or completely incorrect depending on what you mean by “admin chat” . You should not at all publicly out someone for making a mistake, it’s rude and will just cause conflict. You should go through the proper channels such as telling their manager about the situation and getting help. My assumption is “else” means if you’ve spoken with them about it but they’ve refuted you or it’s turned confrontational, though this isn’t explicitly said or implied.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would call the two staff to go to the discord chat to talk this out, and have anyone there discuss that too and decide the best course of action.
    I like this answer, though it is incorrect. I like that you say you’d help them sort it out, and offer a friendly solution to the argument. But if something has gone to the point where two people are arguing you should probably just ask their respective managers for help, or ask them to seek clarification themselves.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator to help with keeping RP standards and RP fun up, so the game feels like the immersive USCM simulator it can be.

I would love to work with faxes and any types of response, be it marine or xeno side, although I don't play much on the Xeno side, I'll be more than happy to help.

It would be nice to take on a lighter role of staff to take care of this server, while keeping my free time, but donating some to the USCM cause.

And with me working on the backlines with other staff to ensure there's someone higher people can contact through fax and other means that makes it feel like there's a wider chain of command and that they are part of an actual space armada.
    Same for the Xenos, so they feel powerful and unstoppable like the actual ones are, and to know there is a massive wide web of other colonies that they must make justice to, helping with their own RP standards that are quite... low.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Be flexible, so you're not just spitting roles, for they're up to interpretation, and I have seen a rule of thumb to let lighter things slide if its positive for the cool RP.

Anything else you want to add?
    A bit scared to add things here, And I know its more walls of text to read, but lets see..

Adding to the question above, There can't be a single defining quality for moderating, I'd say, so here are some extras that i'd like to add too:
    Be calm, so you can deal with the worst of the internet and take it calmly.
    Be open minded, so you can hear to the higher staff and better yourself, and adjust yourself to what the server standards are.
    This is your strongest section though that isn’t necessarily a good thing.

Overall I think your answers are lacking in explanation. I think you’ve misunderstood proper escalation, and I think this application is rushed.

However, you have said in #staff-help that the reason for this is the forum acted up and yeeted your first application (this almost always happens because your login timer has timed out as you are answering which means you’ve spent a while answering the question, always use google docs to answer questions and or CTRL+C your answers before hitting post).

I can see that your intent is great and all the problems stemming from this application can be sorted in training.

I suggest you take your time to reply to this breakdown in detail.

with that being said I am giving you a shakey +1

Take your time reply in detail, and prove me right. Good luck
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This response is everything I could ask for, as this is my first application, and I have certainly missed the point of this application's questions, along with some hiccups on responses like typos and one response that is complete wrong, lets go addressing those as quickly as I can, but I don't think this app can be salvaged though, mainly for my ignorance on what exactly the punishments on most scenarios are, like Jbans being permanent unless appealed, and no 1 hour bans existing, and I will not be able to fix them at this time, for it will need some hours of reading and asking staff about some situations.

First and most worrying for me that hit me like a wall when I re-read this for the 5th time. I have made the horrid mistake of putting "yes" on the Qualifications response for previous experience. I do NOT have relevant experience on being staff on any major server except a friend's server that had a pop lower than lowpop, and was not CM based, so I am double sure it doesn't count.

Second, explaining my ignorance on the question of giving the punishments right by the book.
    The Google doc on Ban Procedures was completely unknown to me, and I thought it was an private document that I would receive access once this was accepted. I shall review this through and through to know how to respond to anything, and I will try my best to go out and ask staff about what the staff would do in some cases.

Third, available hours per week.
    This is ALSO INCORRECT, because I have re-written this application I have read it as daily, not weekly. I should have around 35 hours weekly to do it, my afternoons are happily not occupied and I thank my luck for that every day, so even these 35 hours could be exceeded without any issues.

Now, to the questions:

-"A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him."

"Correct answer, it’s usually an IC issue, however if you spot someone with a one word name who just got out of cryo and started shooting, feel free to sleep first and ask questions later.

Also “use same punishment and a bit more if needed” is technically correct but ignores our escalation procedures, I suggest you check: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing and explain what length you’d give and why."

I have not suggested sleeping since he was already detained by the time I would see that. Following the request, and correcting this question for demonstrative purposes:
    Because there is no good reason in RP in any way for a marine to go out of his way to go shoot someone at round start except Negligent Discharge that should be punished ICly, so I would proceed to make that background check that I would do, checking notes and punishments given before. Using the justification that it is Improper Escalation and of course, Low roleplay, since there is no reason IC for it to be done, if this is a first on them, I would investigate, asking him why and asking people who saw around with Amessage to check information. If it is still punishable, Note and a three hour ban, the lowest time ban that can be issued to player according to Ban Procedures.

-"A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?"

"Again technically correct, this is a WL issue, but WHO is responsible in this situation? As in, who would you report this to?"

I believe I would need to send a DM or ping to talk to the Yautja Senator, and there's the Assist. Manager/W.L. Overseer too if there's no one else I could go to, but I consider that too high up on the chain of command.

-"You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart."

"Yeah that’s the right answer. If you’re spawned in though you won’t be able or allowed to back out and grab the SEA slot yourself. This answer still is sort of short though. Could you explain what you would do if you were spawned in and no mentors were online or responding?"

Great question, one that I had not thought of a response for and am having quite the difficulty thinking of a way to mitigate this situation, because I can't just abandon my post on the ship on my position. I see two exits for this though, but the two would require me to be away from my post for some time.
    Best option would me to Aghost for the shortest ammount of time possible, and message the player to ask them if they need help, and if they are new, having the link to the quickstart guide for Marines ready to be posted, and advising them that I am currently occupied and cannot guide them through all of it, but i would call a mentor as soon as one is online to give them a hand.
    Second option is for me to abandon my post for some time, go to them, and go help them, but this would most probably break IC rules and it would be me abandoning my post.
    Lastly I could look on discord for mentors to go online and help if any is available, but If none of them are online, I'd doubt anyone would respond, but its absolutely worth the shot, and would be best used before the two options above.

-"A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member."

"This is wrong. This is saying what you WOULD do but you’re not telling us HOW you would do it. Also we do not accept ‘take me to your manager requests’ and we only really transfer between staff if you need the help yourself. If you take an ahelp you’re responsible for it. Lastly, you both have and should use your right to mute players who are being rude and calling you names, if they then subsequently break the rules or continue to be rude in any chats, hit them with a 3hr ban to cool them off."

I see, none of "take me to your manager" then. Now, correcting myself, I would tell them that it is not possible for me to hand them to an superior. Then, I would proceed to try my best to calm them down, but not for long, I'm sure an moderator occupied for 10 minutes on a single player that can't calm down is simply ridiculous. If me trying to cool them off, explaining my decision doesn't work, I will mute them and watch them while now free to do other duties, repeated offences would lead me to investigate if any bans were issued before for proper escalation in Ban Procedures. For if he did this before, a 3 hour ban would be too weak, following the document provided.

-"You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point."

"This answer is short but it is to the point and correct. I also haven’t seen someone suggesting using SM before I can see that being useful, for example you could SM: “your armor is really weighing you down and making you too hot, you should probably take it off”

However that being said, if you are noting someone you need to use Admin PMs and preferably you should make them aware they are being noted. The only time this doesn’t always apply is for EORG bans."

The subtle that I would have chosen wouldn't be this subtle. It would be of the likes "You have a bad feeling that using this equipment without any real problem will cause you trouble, and you feel like you should take it off and put it back"
    Additionally, I have written this response poorly, for the subtle would be there to advise him to stop, and then, if it turned into a problem worth a 3 hour ban(if he had no previous infractions of the likes), I would Amessage him, having him fully aware and with enough time to perhaps have an answer that could save him, in case there is actual need for this possible rulebreak, and an exception was possible, and then punish and note accordingly

-"A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?"

"This answer is short and wrong. Jbans are actually not handed out on first offenses, in fact they usually also come with around a weeks ban or something similar.
    You are right that only hostile survivors, such as CLF, may attack marines from the get go, but there should probably be more investigation done than just checking the survivors faction (though this question sort of implies you’ve done that bit before)"

I have now given a quick read to documents and am aware that Jbans are not temporary, and I know this happens multiple times in my app, I will clarify then when I encounter.
    And yes, there would be a investigation to see if the killed marine was lying, and attacked the survivor first, and in this case, the survivor would only be protecting himself, and any following hostility would be understandable, for there is an IC justification now.

-"You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around."

"This question shows clearly HOW you would investigate/act, and is mostly correct. Again Jbans are usually given out for repeat offenses, they are also ALWAYS permanent until appealed.

Also typically if the ahelp is correct (the MP locked them in perma for no reason) this would be an OOC rulebreak, not an IC issue.

I do think you show clear investigation here, though this aspect is lacking from a lot of your other answers."

Once again, wrongful Jban from me here. I'd need to investigate the MP's background. If its an repeated offense that reached 7 days before, or will reach now, I would issue a Jban, for they would have CLEARLY showed that they just want to play around as if the game was just a toy, while there are other people trying to play the game at the same time, and he simply takes it away from other people, so he's not fit for the job.
    Otherwise, this could cause the Provost office to be called if I was able to get the MW and/or CMP 's attention, and it could also be solved ICly, but the investigation would continue, for if it was just a pure act of malice, a 3 hour ban for the MP to get back on track would do some good.

-"You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?"

"Okay answer. You clearly show that you think over mods should handle situations involving yourself. You also show that you attempt IC/RP correction before OOC correction. It might however still be worthwhile to ahelp the situation even if you’ve spoken with them IC.
    This is potentially problematic “I stopped him IC, because my character wouldn't let someone just randomly murder people” how would you stop them? It sort of implies you might escalate the situation making it harder for other staff to handle."

It feels like I shouldn't involve myself with modding like this when I'm in the round, but I shall change my thinking to have it as a clear possibility now for me to go and Ahelp and Amessage the medic.
    The method I would stop them would be any IC method I could find, or I could also sleep him if the IC method would be too complicated, or would generate more problems than the actual problem.

-"The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended."

"Okay answer. I like your thinking in this, as well as your explanation of what combat able means. It seems like potentially a difficult thing to decide before the round ends so I’d err on the side of caution. The only other thing is, if an MP had killed a prisoner who was cuffed at round end outside of ML it would probably constitute more of a rule break then just EORG. I would think about escalating the punishment in that scenario."

I thought that the EORG would overrule most other punishments at the time, but he could be held accountable by other issues, causing a greater punishment than just a straight EORG, but escalation was truly in my mind, I should have expressed it.

-"A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims."

"This answer is wrong. Usually this is an IC issue, however it depends who they are disarming, who they are within the RP guidelines, and what they are stealing, either way I’d like to see investigation BEFORE it escalated rather than after."

The short answer has it horribly explained, that is my fault. For me to dismiss it as IC I'd have to investigate it, so its implied, but it would be rather dumb of me to assume that, so, clarifying, I would investigate what they did, why they did, to who they did, their notes, and then judge what course of action to be taken.

-"You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?"

"Good answer lacking some info, some unnecessary/incorrect steps. Good use of your resources, always call for help if a situation is too big.

What is needed for a proper mutiny? Would you MOOC to tell marines to stop or that they need to auth it?

You also don’t need to force CIC to call an ERT or even tell them to do it, that’s on them.

Banning for one hour isn’t something we do. I suggest you double check our public ban procedures doc."

I talk about seeing if its proper because there is the chance of miscommunication here, and me interrupting it would destroy the flow of the round. and that is very much so unwanted. And what I meant by having CIC call the ERT if its proper is for me to handle its arrival if proper, not to actually subtle someone to call an ERT or anything of the likes. If it truly is improper like it probably is, I will have me and another moderator sleeping everyone in the mutiny because we can't have a mutiny to continue to destroy the flow of the round, and with the chance of destroying essential equipment on CIC. With that, me and my partner will handle it by any means necessary at the time, being it first telling everyone to stop, and then banning for 3 hours whoever continues. We cannot double check if anyone there has done it before, for we won't have time, but we can have a revision later to see if any more ban time is to be put on his account, or if a Jban or worse is applicable, but first of all, the flow of the round must be fixed first.
    Adding to this, no, I do not think you can auth a mutiny when you're already armed and trying to storm the CIC, that's too late. And one hour bans do not exist, I have read the doc and I apologise for my mistake.

-"There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it."

"This answer is correct but potentially too light. We issue a 30d ban no need for a warning or escalation for use of any slurs. For VERY minor bigotry you can use warns/normal escalation. Good explanation of how you’d handle situations with bigotry outside of the game too."

If a heavier punishment is warranted by the unacceptable acts and is free from the normal escalation, then perfect, that is to be quickly delivered, as per your suggestion, a 30 day ban.

-"A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off."

"Okay answer (a week ban may be more appropriate depending on the severity of the grief). Potentially a bit harsh if it’s a new player, but probably appropriate for any other situation. You can also hand out Aheals to the wounded if necessary."

The problem in my mind with it being a first time player, is that it could be a falx account, throwaway, that was just used to enter, grief, then leave, so my punishment was severe because of my intent for a Pban on the account.
    I did not know exactly how I should handle marines that had been griefed like that, but if Aheal if available and the death count's high, then absolutely, but if only one or two marines are dead, I'd let shipside medical take quick care of it.

-"You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die."

"This answer is incorrect.

Again we don’t issue 1hr bans.

Again, Jbans are permanent.

Your punishments seem a bit harsh here. Usually for frontlining as larva it’s a note then a 3hr, then follow escalation procedures."

Fixing this answer because I am now using proper escalation. if the player was new, I would go PM them to ask why they just rushed to the front, and perhaps solve what could just be them not being too smart for being a first timer.
    If through investigation I saw it was truly trolling, I would follow with the correct ban escalation. First time? 3 hours and the note. Anything more? Proceed as normal, Jban if the player excessively repeated this infraction.

-"You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen."

"Correct. Admin messaging is better than SMing. Also again we don’t hand out 1hr bans."

Changing my response a bit to better fit the standards. I'd tell tehm through admin message to stop that immediately and start RPing normally, possible low rp note so others can see if he does it again so a ban is issued.

-"A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship"."

"This is completely incorrect, but only because of lore not because of OOC rules. The hivemind translates xeno thoughts into meaning, for the purposes of playing this is displayed as english. Meaning that when a xeno says “dropship” they are thinking of the big metal thing that drops off hosts, and this makes other xenos think of the same thing.

So no issue either IC or OOC here."

I had seen guides on how xenos should be talking about some of the Marine assets not by what they are, but as how xenos would be able to describe it, but if its nothing that should warrant any positioning from me, I would tell the player that Ahelped that calling it a dropship is not a problem, and that it was fine, but I would also tell him that calling it by anything that could sound more xeno-like also wouldn't be a problem, so he can keep using higher roleplay standards, and perhaps be a role model so others follow him, MAYBE helping to better xeno RP standards.

-"A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this."

"Interesting answer, mostly correct. It might be more problematic making people apologize, it WILL come off as condescending if you go “now apologize in LOOC” (you can ask them to correct themselves IC if this is more what you meant). Again all jbans are permanent, but here if they argued with your ruling and refused to stop it IC, a 3hr ban would be fine. I don’t particularly see a need for a jban even if this was a repeated offense. (unless it’s like an XO with previous notes doing it in briefing multiple times over multiple rounds)."

Fixing myself here, I would Amessage the one doing the briefing telling him something like "Hey, the marines don't know that an alien force is down there, please clarify that in LOOC to not cause metagaming issues."
    Any resistance, on the likes of insisting that xenos are on the planet would warrant a 3 hour ban, and if they are a WL command member, I would send a DM to the C.O. Senator talking about this. Proper escalation with repeated offenders and the whole procedure already clarified.

-"You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him."

"This answer is a LOT more detailed than your other answers. This answer is good, I see no issues with your investigation or intent (other than the Jban stuff and the strange use of escalation but I’ve already addressed that to death so we’ll ignore it on this question)."

My pride and joy of this app, but needs correction because of wrongful escalation, offending the rules by murdering without need would cause the ban, normally, a 3 hour ban, unless there are more factors that worsen this and call for heavier punishment.
    And yep, the Jban problems once here again, God I'm sorry for making you need to explain this so many times, I really am sorry.
    P.S. Additionally, I think the phrase where I say "Question is badly written, doesn't specify if the number of marines on it counts the one that is dead." feels QUITE hostile. The question IS badly written, but its on purpose to make you think, and that's why I made such a monstrous wall of text on it.

-"A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'."

"This answer is fine. Though you can (and probably should) mute them in dchat and note them.

I’m unsure what you mean by join in the memes, but you shouldn’t be calling people “retard” as a moderator, sans the slurry nature of the word it’s also unprofessional."

I didn't mean by that to go and insult him, I actually meant to insult MYSELF along with him. I know it sounds bad but I have seen that many times disarming pepole of their curses because they just don't know how to react. its a bit of an social strategy I have used before, along with acting calmly about it, generally makes the person lose steam without needing to mute them. If that doesn't work, then absolutely.
    For the very use of the word "memes" there, it was 4 a.m. with me needing to re-write everything from my head. This is probably the first word that came to mind when I thought of any substitutes, and I'm sorry for that. Now, to show how I do actually have a minimal vocabulary, I know that not only I could have used "Jokes", but I could have used "kerfuffle", or more fitting, "jest". Don't take it as a flex, its just me showing that I am able to write well, and to keep a response mature and serious.

-"You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule."

"This is either completely correct or completely incorrect depending on what you mean by “admin chat” . You should not at all publicly out someone for making a mistake, it’s rude and will just cause conflict. You should go through the proper channels such as telling their manager about the situation and getting help. My assumption is “else” means if you’ve spoken with them about it but they’ve refuted you or it’s turned confrontational, though this isn’t explicitly said or implied."

Of course I don't mean to tattle on someone, so let me clarify what exactly I mean, because even without me wanting to do that, I end up doing it in that response, but here's a timeline of the actions I would take for this:
    First, I would tell him privately that he is wrong, and if there's arguing, I would take it as calmly as possible while I continued to analyse the situation. I'm not the rulebook, so, while he can be wrong, I can be the wrong one, if not even more mistaken than him. After that, with hopeful cooperation, we can reach an agreement on how to proceed. If my peer is aggressive or simply doesn't want to hear, then i'd post on the discord admin chat about the subject without exposing my peer, just asking. If more staff agree with my point of view, I use it as proof that my peer is wrong, and if it works, then great! if it doesn't, then i'll take it to their head, put the facts on the table and ask for HELP, I will not ask my peer to be punished or anything, just ask for direct help and clarification from them, involving them with it, but hopefully, no one else.

"Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?"

"I like this answer, though it is incorrect. I like that you say you’d help them sort it out, and offer a friendly solution to the argument. But if something has gone to the point where two people are arguing you should probably just ask their respective managers for help, or ask them to seek clarification themselves."

I feel kind of sad that I should not interfere to help, but then if that true, I'd simply ignore that while possible, but if it truly gets too destructive, I'd go to their respective managers, and/or tell them to calm down.

-Alas the issues have been addressed, and most of them could have been solved with a bit more of reading, but at least now with this, and with my good intent still clear, I hope I am now an okay candidate.
    I expected a very bad reaction to the last section of why I would like to become a moderator, because now re-reading it, I see that it could be taken just as some bland little writing to make it look pretty. But yet I'm happy to see that it was taken well, because I meant it. I'd like to be in this position for this truly, for I also oddly feel it could be very fun to be in these positions to respond to these issues, and to make the game subtly feel more alive. I really hope this response gives the other staff that will review this a better insight on my thoughts. I am more than open for more questions, so if anyone has any other question, please send! Thank you for your time, and have a great day/afternoon/night!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post a screenshot of all your playtimes, both human and xeno.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    Please post a screenshot of all your playtimes, both human and xeno.
    Annexing the print of my playtimes. Hope it works.

P.s.: Xeno time shows zero. I have played before, but very little, and it was deleted for reasons unknown to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Moonshanks went over the answers already. There's problems there, and not just a few, but your responses to the Moonshank's replies were solid enough, and the rest is nothing training won't be able to help you figure out. Playtimes are fine, I don't recall you ever standing out poorly. Your weekly playtime is a bit on the low end. You are aware that, as a mod, you are expected to put in 5 hours a week as the absolute bare minimum, yes? You can play during that time, or do other stuff in another tab, but you should be available to take ahelps and respond to situations in the game.

With that said, I don't see why we shouldn't give you a shot. +1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of these answers show, imo, a lack of understanding of the game,round structure, from what seems like inexperience. For now; -1

I'm not saying this to be rude, but as caution.
    Last edited by trustscience44; 04-23-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

First off, thank you for your application. I really appreciate that you put in a lot of effort, and that you worked through the questions on your own instead of just referencing and rewriting other applications.
    I think a lot of your answers showed strong reasoning skills, and a very solid, logical way of breaking down situations and coming to a conclusion.

Unfortunately, your app did also show that there are some gaps in your knowledge of server rules, and while your reply to Moonshanks post was excellent, generally, we like to see a bit more of a 'passing grade' on the primary app before it's accepted, so this time around, I'm denying your application.

That said, you do demonstrate great critical thinking skills and I think you would make an excellent addition to the team once you've had some more time to review the server rules, and I encourage you to reapply after 30 days!