Marine Name
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Katie

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    My Synthetic would be expressing the emotion of being joyful, cheerful, and curious. Overall, showing its happiness to be among fellow peers on the USS Almayer.

I was thinking of having my Synthetic revolve around having an interest in Archaeology seeing how half of the player maps have some sort of temple ruins or others involving the frozen solid Xenomorphs. I believe it would be quite exciting for "Emilie" to get the chance to explore while interacting with Marines over possible history that could be learned over some roleplay like excavation. Outside of said ruins and ice cubes, "Emilie" would give fun facts to their Marine peers over Earth's ancient history through "fun facts". Ex. being "Fun Fact: Did you know that Tutankhamun’s tomb, a young Pharaoh during his time, was unearthed in the year 1922 during an excavation in the Valley of Kings? Quite exciting to find such ancient artifacts before our time." (I'll most likely create shorter facts so I won't be posting text walls.)

Overall "Emilie's" presence aboard the USS Almayer would provide Marines a sense interest of discovery due to her sense of curiosity.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    To be blunt, I'm not doing this to have some better role or have better stats than Marines during fights. I'm not doing this to enhance my gameplay experience.

I would like to be WL'd for the Synthetic role because of how much freedom they have with other departments ingame due to their skills. I wouldn't be restricted to, lets say, engineering because I'm an MT. Having a Synthetic I would be able to approach an Engineering staff member or a Nurse, talk to them about their job, help them if needed or even just provide helpful tips to improve their work efficiency within their department.

With the SEA being the best helper for new players in roles they never tried, I feel Synthetics would have better roleplay experiences and chances due to how unique they are.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    The most recent and memorable experience I had with a Synthetic is when Hijack was happening, I believe I was with Nathan and we were gathering Marines to the Normandy to leave shipside but suddenly a lurker jumps inside, tries getting into the cockpit to attack Nathan. So, I did what any crazy bastard would do, abuse tile spacing and bodyblock the lurker between myself, blasting him with a Mod 88 while Nathan made sure they couldn't move into the pilot area. It was very fun being the ganker for once.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

My synthetic's story, following the advice given to me to have a better representable story of how I will be playing the character.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I'm not gonna say I'm the best but I do have basic knowledge when it comes to using materials and when it comes to fixing console APCs and such

With the recently new update to engineering it's pretty straight forward with how it works, luckily it'll conserve mats so more can be used appropriately.

Fixing console APCs is a process but a quick one I was able to adapt to, knowing that they don't specifically require an "APC control module", power modules work as well.

Unsure if the Vehicle APC is mixed here too but I have advanced knowledge when it comes to it, not too difficult to simply repair the parts and drive it myself if it comes to that.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I put in a good amount of hours into doing command roles from SO to aCO (CMP or CE forced into it by CoC) or XO so really there's no doubt if needed I can run the over watch consoles or use the comms ,abcd . Surprisingly I notice players who don't know how to do that, especially new SOs, potentially giving them a quick tutor on how to do it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical is one of my favorite roles to do within CM13 because it just comes easy to me. From making needed medical pills like MB or KD to doing surgery for the Marines when they lost their arm or have heart damage, really it all comes easy to me to perform in that area of expertise.

Only thing I will say is my knowledge of creating other chemical mixes isn't my strongest.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Requisitions isn't hard to do when you take a moment and learn how the process of the role is handled from setting priority purchases to creating your own ammo boxes to send down. I mean I've learned how to access the blackmarket as well when the Wiki version is out of date.

The only doubts I have is when Marines ask in very abbreviated terms of items they want that I've NEVER heard of so it's a bit mind boggling. Luckily the art of asking questions has yet to fail me.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    It's quite clear that Synths are not frontline soldiers meaning I can't just run off to the Hive and baton the Queen a ton but when it comes to combat, I would strictly be on the defensive for my own preservation as well as making sure any peers around, wounded or healthy, do not get harmed. I would not chase down a runner just because they're close to critical rather I would make sure the surrounding area is clear of danger before resuming either engineering or medical duties

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    N/A
    Last edited by TheeBiggest; 04-26-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Name change for Synth, nothing else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Jane has come a long way and I think they're good enough to hold the WL. I've seen them build fobs as bravo SL and do plenty of doctor.

I'd recommend some actual combat examples tho
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say you are doing surgery on a knocked out patient and a lurker starts dragging it away what would you do?

same scenario but this time they aren't asleep and a runner comes up to the both of you asking for death, what would be your first response?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the surgery, it'd be upsetting they destroy my roller/surgery bed but my thought process for handling this situation is. Grab the body, stopping the Lurker's pull animation. Instead of just fireman carrying and running, the Lurker will still be offensive so I would have to be forced to defend myself and the patient. I would only focus on getting hits in until the Lurker decides I'm not worth the trouble (I ain't that robust in melee due to limited practice) and once it leaves, my goal is not to chase it down for the kill, it would be scare it off, grab the patient and run for safety in a group. Strict defense.

For this runner scenario, there's too many outcomes I'm thinking about but my main question is "Why?" I would not just outright kill it (Unless the marine with me just PBs it) and try to turn this small interaction into a potential roleplay conversation. Again there's too many scenarios I can think of an outcome for but the focus is ask the questions first, my synth will not be playing the kill hungry robot. After all curiosity is its special trait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBiggest View Post
    For the surgery, it'd be upsetting they destroy my roller/surgery bed but my thought process for handling this situation is. Grab the body, stopping the Lurker's pull animation. Instead of just fireman carrying and running, the Lurker will still be offensive so I would have to be forced to defend myself and the patient. I would only focus on getting hits in until the Lurker decides I'm not worth the trouble (I ain't that robust in melee due to limited practice) and once it leaves, my goal is not to chase it down for the kill, it would be scare it off, grab the patient and run for safety in a group. Strict defense.

For this runner scenario, there's too many outcomes I'm thinking about but my main question is "Why?" I would not just outright kill it (Unless the marine with me just PBs it) and try to turn this small interaction into a potential roleplay conversation. Again there's too many scenarios I can think of an outcome for but the focus is ask the questions first, my synth will not be playing the kill hungry robot. After all curiosity is its special trait.
    For the first question you are mostly right, you want to drag the marine AWAY and into safety, and not chase the lurker preferably while shaking up the marine so he can better handle the lurker.

There's no real correct answer to this i just wanted to see how you would handle it, most of the time you shouldn't be engaging in combat unless its necessary, in this case the marine isn't asleep and the first action you should do is unbuckle them, shake them up and let them fight the runner, as a ship-side synth you are aligned to the USMC and can't really help a runner with its depression.

I've also seen you RP and i think you'll be a good addition to the WL.

+1
    Last edited by InsaneRed; 04-20-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you around a few times, no doubt you would do a nice addon to the team. The answers to the above questions proves that you know how a synthetic must act, and that marine safety is priority. Also I have no doubt on your skills on support roles.

+1! Hope to see you in the team!

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of vouches from other synthetics, you worked your quirk out with the council members, and you've answered every app question well.

+1 from me.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello & thank you for applying to the synthetic whitelist

I have some questions to ask about your engineering competency as I personally have never seen you play engineer & your answers on the application's questions itself seem a bit shaky.

Q1. What's wrong with this fob?

https://imgur.com/a/fYijBme

Point out the weakpoints & errors.

Q2. What, in your opinion, is the best place for a forwards firebase on LV, and why?

Q3. in your experience, what is the most frequent way that FOBs on Fiorina Science Annex LZ1 are breached or fall? How would you build a fob to avoid this?

Q4. In the event of the dropship being hijacked, how would you fortify req for defense?

I will give an overall appraisal of the app after you answer these.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Hello & thank you for applying to the synthetic whitelist

I have some questions to ask about your engineering competency as I personally have never seen you play engineer & your answers on the application's questions itself seem a bit shaky.

Q1. What's wrong with this fob?

https://imgur.com/a/fYijBme

Point out the weakpoints & errors.

Q2. What, in your opinion, is the best place for a forwards firebase on LV, and why?

Q3. in your experience, what is the most frequent way that FOBs on Fiorina Science Annex LZ1 are breached or fall? How would you build a fob to avoid this?

Q4. In the event of the dropship being hijacked, how would you fortify req for defense?

I will give an overall appraisal of the app after you answer these.

A1: Hopefully Discord image links work on forums (at this time, imgur is not working for me, will post again if link fails)

https://imgur.com/a/tfTuaj1

Pretty self explanatory, as a person who plays Bravo SL, this puts me to shame seeing FOB created like this. Otherwise, any questions, please ask. The Green "Spit" spots are easy access due to lit floodlights being able to spray acid on quite easily, they're not meant to be used as cades (Admins can bonk if they're unlit and used as cades). Shivas sign, unsure if that has an invisible wall, think other maps you can walk through their colony signs. Props to the spacing though, the only good thing about this because of how Boilers are. That entrance for the APC is not very thought out, best to leave it with no cades than doing some precise, careful driving.

A2: For the LV map, I would say Alamo landing, LZ1, would be the better beneficial area to make the FOB. My reasonings is because of how open fielded within LZ1 is, you got enough room to make the Mortar area, a surgery station, tiles to place ammo etc. Compared to LZ2, the fences and building walls limit your room, yes they can be taken down, the fences, but that's not the point. LZ2 is more closed in and the fight for Robotics or Garage is a huge factor if Marines can hold. Compared to LZ1, there's definitely more open ground to set up firing lines once expanded into Nexus and Cargo. The Xenos greatest strength is close quarters and LZ2 unfortunately has way more close encounters. Personally if we do end up losing Nexus, a HE OB can completely level the entire area, making it open field, nuking Robotics or Garage wouldn't prove beneficial due to how close they would be to LZ2. Overall the amount of spacings between LZ1 and LZ2 factors to my opinion, the more breathing room Ungas have, the better chance FOB can hold.

A3: From experience, I'd say towards the SW section of Florina, the area where the two shuttles are, seems to the be the most ways FOB is breached. After considering how to avoid this, its difficult to do so with those shuttles there and the only availability of having a four man firing line, I think the best way to avoid having this area breached easily is to make 2 tiled walls. Doing this would create a sense of Xeno players possibly losing interest in this flank and if they manage to breach, they would make a 1x1 firing hole where a mounted gunner can spray into. This is not the best solution but the fact they use this area to flank commonly is enough to say some amount of work is needed to focus on new, different solutions to keep them away. I might actually try this...

A4: Assuming the Dropship doesn't crash directly onto Requisitions, for starters that ASRS lift needs to be raised that way Xenomorphs don't have it easy and cannot knock Marines into the pit for easy kills. For defenses, removing and dismantling windows would be a high priority. Activating shutters for the west side is useful to close off that flank. Welding vents so no suicide bombers can melt Marines. The walls that have absolute no coverage, 1x1 tiles, should have cades blocking them. Not the NE, NW, SW rooms, those can be used to bait Xenos in for kills. The windows for rooms within Req should be deconstructed and replaced with Metal cades because those rooms can be death boxes for either side and having Marines cadehug can prove beneficial. Short answer, cade walls, deconstruct windows, close shutters, weld vents, keep ASRS lift raised for minimal ASRS blood sacrifices.
    Last edited by TheeBiggest; 04-23-2022 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Image link not work correctly, posted correct one

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBiggest View Post
    snip
    Q1 answer - okay, good identification of most of the issues with the fob. North flanks are caded strangely, weird cades inside the main body, floodlights weak. However I completely fail to understand what you're doing at the south.

The walls those cades are protecting are breachable walls, and if you've ever been in a fob siege on shivas lz1 you'll know this as whenever the rest of the fob is well protected they get breached and typically the entire fob falls from there.

I don't understand why you want to remove the only protection there as well as inside the blue warehouse, and you show the area as being entirely given up to xenos? This is a major inadequacy in the defence of the fob.

Q2 - I don't think you really understood my question here, a firebase is not a fob. Granted the term is not used as often anymore. However yes, your analysis is correct - LZ1 has a lot more space, LZ2 is often cramped and does not allow sufficient space.

Q3 - I agree, this is also where I see most breaches from. Solution is unorthodox but has been shown to work on LV flanks, so I wouldn't discount it. Good analysis here.

Q4 - I don't know why you'd dismantle window frames when they provide another layer of cade for marines to fire over - in my experience putting cades behind them is usually good enough. Otherwise strong answer.

Overall analysis :

Personality - a strong example, not gimmick-based, easily adaptable to situations. Curiosity is a good attribute for a synth to have - we don't have too many with it nowadays.

Story - enjoyable, I think it shows that you should probably focus on the curiosity aspect of your personality as it'll "land" better with marines overall. Otherwise fine.

Overall - I don't have much experience with you in game, but from what I've seen here plus what other synths say I'm good to +1. Just practise engineer a bit more, and if you have any doubts about combat then read over the guidelines again and ask other synths/council.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang