Byond ID?
    Time_URSS

CM Character?
    Noah Jones | Pablo | MOL

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20+ hours. Depends on days.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes. I have monitorized some moderating servers in private, with my friends. I have some grasp on SS13 mod experience, even though I haven't moderated in public servers yet.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Used to play in Fulpstation, Yogstation and Beestation.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Negative.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Never have I been banned from CM13.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, in Fulp I have been banned several times a long time ago, most of them I cannot recall.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Certainly.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate whether it was intentional or not.

> Should it have been by accident, it would be an IC issue, and as such, I wouldn't take moderating action.

> Should it have been intentioned, I would look through notes and playtime to see if the player was new and didn't have a note story of previous IE.

- If they do not and are new, I would remind them of the rules and link the page to it, and then suggest them to get some mentoring help. Possibly note them for IE.
    - If they do not and aren't new, I would also remind them of the rules but wouldn't link them to it (expecting them to have already read them as they aren't new), and note them for IE.
    - If they do have an extensive story of these type of incidents, I would PM them reminding them about their note story and not to repeat it again, and I would note or ban depending on the severity.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Depending on the result of breaching the Honor Code, I would see it in two ways:

> If, by doing so, have not broken any server rule, I would immediately tell them to make a Player Report, as it is a Whitelist Issue and it is the respective Council's responsibility to deal with it.

> If, on the other hand, they have broken a server rule while doing so, I would PM them about the server rule break and talk to them about it, taking necessary action as needed.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    >If I am in the lobby or observing, I would PM them asking if they want some help out. I would then return to lobby (if observing) and spawn as SEA and try to help them out. if there is already a SEA or an available mentor, I would first contact them instead.

>If I am currently playing, I would message the SEA or an available mentor through msay or an mhelp, and tell them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Players are not allowed to be rude towards the staff member handling their ahelp. I would first tell them to cool it off, and that they can report me if they feel I have not handled it properly.

If they keep their aggressivity, I would warn them that I may apply a 3-hour ban if they keep going on, proceeding to do it should they not stop.

If they request to talk to a superior, I would instantly refuse and explain to them that it is my responsibility to handle the ahelp I marked. As such, I would again tell them to file a Staff Report against me if they do not agree with my verdict.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would look at their notes and playtimes to see if they are new or not, or had previous notes regarding this.

> If they are fairly new and do not have previous notes about it, I would PM them saying that their name is not allowed and ask them to change it for the next round, as well as the steps to do it if they do not know how to. Alternatively, I would ask them for a name idea and change it in situ.

> If they are not new but have no previous notes about it, I would PM them saying that their name is not allowed as per rules and have them change it for the next round. Afterwards note them for having an improper name.

> If they are not new and have previous notes about it, I would PM them saying that their name is not allowed and reminding them their note story, and to ask them to change it next round. Apply a note to them for having an improper name.

- If, after the PM, they still haven't changed their name or changed it to another non-allowed name, I would consider a 3 hour ban for ignoring staff instructions.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would check the following:

> If the MT in question wasn't aware that it is code green, I would consider SMing or PMing them to remove their armor.
    - If they refuse or kept the armor on purpose, I would notify the MPs through ARES for example about a breach of the SOP. In either case, I would not deal with it OOCly, as it is an IC issue.

> If the MT has done so with the intention to deploy, as long as they do not leave the FOB, it is fine (so long as they got the permission to do so). If they are actively frontlining, though, I would PM them to return to the FOB immediately, as shipside roles are not allowed to head outside secure areas, these being the FOB and the APC.

> If the MT has done so with the intention to grief, and is actively doing so, immediately sleep them (if possible) and PM them that griefing is not allowed and they will be either noted as a heavy warning or banned (if EORG, immediate 3 hours ban).

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As far as I am aware, hostile survivors were removed, and as such, survivors may only be hostile if previously informed by an admin.

I would PM the survivor first and ask them why they shot the marine. If they indeed say they were openly hostile, I would remind them that no survivor can spawn hostile without an admin announcing it beforehand, and consider it grief, noting or banning depending on their previous notes and severity of the issue.

In the case the survivor wasn't hostile but claimed that the marine shot him first instead, I would check the logs and verify the PMs, and then take necessary action in the respective side.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would first PM the Arresting MP asking the charges of the prisoner in perma, and then verify it through logs.

> Should the MP be on the right here, and the permanent confimenent be part of a capital crime that the ahelper overlooked or did not state, I would tell the ahelper that the sentence is justified and no action will be taken.

> Should the MP be on the wrong, though, I would first look at the MP's notes to see if they had previous notes of violating ML.

- If it is their first time, I would remind the MP in question about ML sentences and how they are applied, as a permanent confinement using the JAS looks like either a misplaced capital crime or an intenioned one (either way, the MP had to click on 'Capital Crimes' to apply one). Furthermore will consider placing a note for this issue and tell them to correct their sentence.

- Should it not be their first time, I would PM the MP in question reminding them not to apply the wrong sentences, linking them to the ML wiki if needed, and consider applying a note or an MP job-ban + possible Tban, depending on severity, as well as telling them or another MP (or MW or CMP) to correct their sentence.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Depending on the 'robustness' of each side, I would do one of the following:

> If the marines have more chances to win, I would encourage them through ARES announcement to push hard and attempt to win this. An idea I had in mind could be to hint an "awkward silence" on the planet. Alternatively I could fax as either USCMC High Command or as a Weyland-Yutani Director towards CIC, advising or even threatening to "occupy the colony at all costs".

> If the xenos, however, have more chances to win (and trust me, I have seen victories with only 2 xenos), I would QM the hive hinting something in the lines of "I sense the tall forces considerably weak, it is time to expand the hive!", and persuade the hive to do so. Otherwise encourage the hive to "die for their beloved Queen Mother".

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As staff are not allowed to deal with issues they are involved in, I would first ahelp about it and, with luck, another moderator will be available to take the matter in hands.

If, however, I am the only moderator on, I would try to contact an available staff member in Discord, and try to deal with the issue IC, such as detaining him and send him up to the MPs.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would PM the CLF member that, as CLF and USCM troops are naturally hostile, it is not considered EORG and won't take matter into it. The only moment it could be considered EORG is by intentioned friendly fire happening within a faction's troops or deliberately bombing or causing havoc planetside or shipside.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would ask them if they lost something of value, such as a limited gun or any object that required vendor points or a visit to Requisitions, and act on the following:

> If they lost something mundane (i.e boots), I would mark it as an IC issue and let them know so, recurring to MPs instead.

> If they, however, lost something important (i.e scout cloak), I would PM the other person to chill it off and note them for roundstart shenanigans, possibly grief if their intention was to disrupt the round by preventing the spec from doing their job. Note or ban depending on severity.

If they repeatedly do it, targeting several marines and, as a consequence, pissing the hell out of everyone, I would PM them to knock it off and possibly note them for roundstart shenanigans as well, as per Rule 0.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Investigate further in the issue, and verify on logs if this is true. Should it be:

> If the shooting marine has no previous notes on this, I would PM them saying that they have improperly escalated an issue, and to remind them the escalation procedures. Afterwards, note them for IE.

> If the shooting marine has previous notes regarding it, I would PM them reminding them their note story and the escalation procedure, applying a note or a tempban depending on severity.

In either case I would definitely aheal the dead marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would MOOC, warning the mutineers that they are engaged in an improper mutiny, and to stop immediately or else notes and bans will happen.

> If it is a relatively small mutiny, taking care of it myself can be an option. Sleep everyone involved and start noting and/or banning depending on note story and severity (of course after PMing them).

> If it is a rather big mutiny, though, I would ask for help from online staff or ask over Discord. As soon as there is enough help, I would help in sleeping and noting/banning the involved players.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would PM the player(s) who have discussed a racial topic, and tell them to knock it off, noting them afterwards. If they have a previous note story about it, even only once, a 3-hour ban will be considered. In the case they turn hostile in DMs or defend their actions, I will for sure consider a longer ban.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would check the logs first, see who is affected, and aheal them. Apply a 1-week ban or higher for the shooter for mass-grief, depending on notes, consider as well filing for a permanent ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is no longer allowed as per the RP guidelines, and would act more lenient/stricter:

> If the person in question is fairly new to the server, I would remind them that larvae should remain in the hive and avoid the frontlines. Note them regarding it.

> If the person is not new at all, I would remind them the same, plus consider a harsher note or even a xeno job-ban if they have prior note story about frontlining/recon larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM the xeno in question to tell them netspeak is not allowed and to knock the LRP off, as well as applying a note afterwards for netspeak and LRP, or a ban if note story shows repeated behaviour.

Insulting the Queen is fine as per rules afaik, and would not include it in the notes. The Queen can make the decision to banish the player in question for disrespecting her. If, however, it turns more serious (i.e the player attacking the Queen OOCly for being new and/or doing stupid moves), I might PM the player to knock it off, possibly a note if they keep doing it or turn outright hostile. Excessive hostility/toxicity towards a new queen trying to learn is not cool.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would not take action regarding it. The hivemind translates the thoughts to English, so saying 'dropship', 'landing zone', or 'OB' is fine. I would let the ahelping player know this, as well.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would PM the respective command staff if they got information about aliens existing in the planet beforehand.

> If the player in question did get the information beforehand (admin event, survivors making contact, etc.), I would tell the ahelping player that the command player got the information beforehand and no action will be taken.

> If, however, the player in question didn't get that information beforehand, I would PM them reminding that the USCM do NOT know the existance of xenomorphs in the planet they are heading to. I will consider a note for mild LRP or possibly metagaming, and issue a job-ban from command if notes show repeated behaviour.

> If the involved command staff happened to be a CO, harsher action must be taken. I would PM them that they are not knowledgeable of xenos on the planet and that it will be brought to the Council, as well as note them for LRP/metagame.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would investigate first, and consider the following scenarios:

> If the evac pod was full, and he killed someone for the sake of their life, I would not take action, as the escalation rules clearly show this scenario being an exception.

> If, however, the shooting marine has shot someone despite there being more space, I would PM them warning them that shooting other people is not okay, and note them for grief, or ban them if notes show repeated behaviour or severity is high.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Banting and being hostile to staff is not allowed. I would first warn them to cool it off, considering a mute in the respective channel they are speaking at. If they recur to moving to another channel and continue doing so, I would consider a 3-hour ban to chill them off. Also let them know if they have issues with a staff member they can always file a Staff Report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Being SSD does not give them any immunity to in-game consequences, and as such, I would tell them that I cannot do so, next time suggesting them to move to a secured area if they have to go SSD.

An exception would be if they fresh out woke up from cryogenics and were gearing up then suddenly a drone sticks a facehugger on them in squad prep (outside of hijack). Then I would PM the drone in case that metatargeting freshly woken marines is not allowed and note/ban depending on notes.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would try to contact the respective staff in private in any way possible, and try to correct them. If they believe they have enforced the rule properly, that's that. Staff members have some authority to overlook some minor violations, but over enforcing a certain issue might be an issue, so depending on which case I might stand back or actually take it in mind. If necessary, I may contact their manager about it, especially if they refuse to take any inquiries from other staff members thinking otherwise or being rude towards them.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Watching staff argue about it will only cause more problems to staff's wellbeing, so I would bother contacting the respective managers if things start heating up.

However, given my nature of trying to stay out of conflict, I would prefer not to involve myself, even though I will try to calm things down should they start spraying salt in msay.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I have witnessed several times that staff members might be very busy to moderate the server (some cases my ahelps haven't been answered or dealt with due to no mods online/only one, overwhelmed mod is on), and I would like to help staff grow further and help in any way I can.

I believe I could be a good moderator given the proper training and rule clarifications needed (even though I may perceive a rule the wrong way, I truly do my best not to break them, given from my clumsy past in Fulpstation). I like enjoying the game and, while sometimes I can be frustrated, it's still a game and enjoying it as one would be great. It isn't really fair to see people trying to enjoy the game be disrupted by griefers or rule-breakers in general.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I believe temper is one of the most important things a moderator must control. A mod that can easily heat up is a dangerous one and could end up in them being biased, which is a problematic issue. Friendships in the game can also be troubling to a mod for the same reason, hence why I like being alone in-game and not catch grudges or any type of favoritism (though I do see troubling people and friendly people with different eyes).

Anything else you want to add?
    In weekdays I am able to moderate froom 17:00 to 21:00 GMT+1, and in weekends I am able to do so the whole day if possible. I'm still a minor (17 years old) but I try to be as mature as possible, and I appreciate any feedback towards me.

Also, English is not my vehicular language nor my mother tongue, so I may make some barely visible mistakes. If Spanish is needed to deal with an ahelp from someone who does not know English, I am always up to help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I haven't fully read the app yet and it screams effort.

I'll try to a breakdown tonight but it might take longer.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First question as a tester one. Are you willing to use voice chat for your tmod training?
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm unfortunately unable to use VC, I cannot really talk with my family around and if I even have a chance to, I find it hard to comprehend English when spoken over Discord (thanks to the "very high quality" of Discord VCs and my limited oral comprehension).

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a player i've known and played with a good ammount of years, i can confirm he would be a fine moderator for the ranks, now onto the app itself, I'll just point out a few corrections and maybe tips, the answers i see as preety solid i'll leave unmarked

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, as a fellow Non native to English i can understand sometimes the struggle, yes, but dont worry, as long as you take your time with Ahelps to not confuse the players (Trust me, some players are already confused to begin with) it should not be a problem, but as Moonshanks asked, even though im not quite adept at speaking either, sometimes VC is really usefull, mostly in your training time, BUT

Its a definitive +1, wish you luck on your app Noah

1982-2022 Las Malvinas son y serĂ¡n Argentinas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Time_URSS View Post
    I'm unfortunately unable to use VC, I cannot really talk with my family around and if I even have a chance to, I find it hard to comprehend English when spoken over Discord (thanks to the "very high quality" of Discord VCs and my limited oral comprehension).
    thats fine, not a dealbreaker in any capacity.

what are the most important things you have learned from your tenure as mentor?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    what are the most important things you have learned from your tenure as mentor?
    I have mainly learned to be patient while trying to assist someone in need of help (players very new to the game, players who cannot understand English very well, etc.) and to try to put myself in their skin so that I can comprehend them better and viceversa. This feeling of aiding can relax someone a lot, and I believe it could come helpful for moderating. A calmer, more understandable reply to someone annoyed or frustrated is usually a better approach rather than a dismissive or effortless approach. I also learnt that new players are full of mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroVega View Post
    Lets say after the round, they continue ranting in Discord and keep saying stuff along the lines of This dumb mod doesnt let me have fun, jannie, shitmins ETC, and they simply ignore your messeages to make a staff report if they believe the issue was not handled properly, how would you handle it?
    I would try to talk my way out if possible, try to convince them that a staff report is the only way they can share their complains without getting themselves in trouble and that flooding the chat with salt won't solve anything. If it still persists, I would leave that to the Discord mods, they are the ones responsible for the Public Order of Discordia and as such I would notify them to take it in mind. But in no way can I moderate a person in discord, as I'm not a jannie (yet), nor take it in mind for in-game notes, as it is not an in-game issue.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Time_URSS View Post
    stuff
    yeah i dont see a reason for not giving a shot at trial.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time I've known you for a bit, you are a great dude. I think you are a great mentor, and certainly I can tell you will be just as good as a moderator. I cant really say much else than that on the application its self, but take my +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken a quick glance through this post. I have to say throughout the questions you gave an answer to every one of them. For each of those answer you went heavy into detail explaining every possible outcome to possibly happen. That is some real commitment to your work. Don't worry about the talking bit, as long as you can get the word out through text that's good enough for me.

+1 from me champ. Can't wait to have you on the team.