Shirumic#3980

Marine Name
    Shelia Kaiwi

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Lai'asku Mei'ka

What clan are you joining?
    Other (Minor Clan)

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    Mei'ka

Yautja Character Story
    Instead of resurrecting my old character, I decided to make a new one and a better story to reflect what I've learned since 2017, while reflecting the modern standards of 2022 Colonial Marines.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Lai'asku is supposed to be an 'explorer' or 'archeologist' archetype. Instead of being a stereotypical glory hound like most yautja are depicted, she's more interested in learning about the hunting grounds and the people that inhabit them, be they hunter or prey.

She'd take hands off of her worthy prey so that they aren't immediately killed, allowing their stories to intertwine, then stalk those she defeated to see if their story continues, and also hang around the yautja ruins on certain maps.
    I'm hoping her focus on the stories of her peers and her prey to enrich roleplay encounters with predators, rather than the usual team deathmatch gameplay that happens on CM.
    The story is a little long, at 10(!!!) pages, but I tried to make it as enjoyable as I could!

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes
    Last edited by Shirumic; 04-20-2022 at 08:34 PM. Reason: clarification on story length

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using my second post to explain a little more about myself: I also play Miyo Akiya, my corporate liaison/survivor character, and Kia my synth.
    I was previously accepted in 2017 and played my prior predator character, Akl'iiya Quatza-Rij, only be removed a few years ago for what I'm pretty sure was just inactivity.
    Rest assured that I have 130.3 hours in the past two months alone since I came back, and those hours are sure to swell.

To reiterate some things I still believe: Space Station 13 isn't a typical game where one side wins and the other loses. Rather, it is a roleplaying game. The goal is to create the best story you can by each player playing as one of the story's characters. This goes double for CM, as most people see it only as a TDM where they must win at all costs.

Predators are not the main characters in the story of CM. They're a wildcard element that provide for special encounters for small numbers of marines and aliens. The game can be played without them, and they don't really show up for most rounds.

I've made comparisons from Predators to the Antagonists of traditional SS13 servers in the past, especially the old Bay or "HRP" philosophy of, "The purpose of an Antagonist is to make the round more interesting for everyone, and avoid hogging all the roleplay interactions and enjoyment for themselves." This is how I view the Yautja Hunters, they break up the boring redundancy of the round by skulking in and creating new scenarios.

Whitelisted Predator Waseemq1235's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You see a fellow predator get hit by a stray mortar, putting them into crit. The predator was not in a fight. What do you do?

2. A hunting trap not set up by you happens to catch a prey, this prey notices you nearby and engages you. What do you do?

3. A predator has fallen, they are being looted by a large crowd of marines, all surrounding the predator with their guns out. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lai'asku is generally sympathetic for her peers, she'd take the predator to safety and teleport them back to the ship where she'd nurse them back to health.

Disengage from the prey and cloak, asking over voxcaster if anyone planted any traps there. If yes, she'd inform them of it catching something and leave it alone.
    If no, then the trap was set by the prey themselves. It might be best to ignore it and let them meet their end by natural selection, or to observe and confiscate the trap once it was escaped.

Depends on the temperament of the marines. Ideally, Lai'asku would dramatically reveal herself by stepping out of the shadows and demanding that the hunter's body be respected as she could take their weapons and the predator's body back to the ship.
    However, if she is shot at, or defied, she would have to plasma stun her way to the predator's body and toggle the self destruct, hopefully limiting it to it's lowest setting.
    If the situation's too hairy, she may have to apply a liberal amount of heavy plasma shots to pacify the marines and grant the hunter an honorable end.

Any remaining equipment she would try to recover in the hunting ground, unless it ends up in the FOB, hive, or LZ. Then she'd wait until it either leaves the FOB to the battlefield, or goes to the Almayer, whichever first, and she would pursue whoever took it. Depending on the quality of the roleplay or combat ability exhibited, she may engage them without her cloak.

In all three situations, the focus of my character is to not to break immersion and turn into an invisible heavy plasma casting ninja just because the honor code allows it. She escalates the situation according to circumstances given to her, trying to make a memorable and fair experience for all those involved.

But if no one bothers to roleplay, or warrants the use of heavier weapons, then she will use them.

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fellow Yautja has fallen into the Lego™ city river but the Lego™ rescue helicopter is unassembled! What do you do?
    !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no!

I build the helicopter!
    And it's Off to the rescue!

The pack has to prepare the lifeline!,
    Lower the stretcher!
    And Make the rescue!

The new Emergency Collection from Lego City!
    LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO group. 2006 The LEGO Group.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok based youre a returning player, I've seen u as synth sometimes and its awesome what you do, here's my +1
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your support!

Whitelisted Predator Waseemq1235's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answer for number 1, just remember that you should let the predator die if they were in a fight. Healing a predator if they got hit by something outside of a fight like a mortar is fine.

Perfect answer to number 2, I can't say much more.

As for number 3, it's a good answer; just be aware that your plasma caster can fire a screenwide stun, so it's best to use that mode and drag the body away.
    If you want to be extra based just activate the SD between all the marines and let them run from it.

All in all, really good answers, and I've seen you around as a Synth, I like you as a player. Big fat +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story format was solid and the last bit about her carrying the remnants of her clan painted a cool scene in my head. I haven't seen you play at all, but your interaction on discord and your answers to the first set of questions were well written.

I'll drop a +1. Good luck.