User Tag List

Thread: a honest discussion about information dogtags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a honest discussion about information dogtags

Do you think collecting them from corpses and bringing them all the way up to the ship is good? do you think that we should instead just like be able to beam them up to the ship immediately on removal or hand to a RTO and they can slap it on their phone to relay the tag?

I bring this up because I never see names on the memorial anymore, would you only do it if there was some mechanical advantage?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why are you locked in the bathroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Do you think collecting them from corpses and bringing them all the way up to the ship is good? do you think that we should instead just like be able to beam them up to the ship immediately on removal or hand to a RTO and they can slap it on their phone to relay the tag?

I bring this up because I never see names on the memorial anymore, would you only do it if there was some mechanical advantage?
    Personally, I think it's fine as is. It's very soulful and is good for role play as it shows how much you care about the person in particular or about all marines in general.
    I always try to grab the dogtags of my character's fallen friends and deliver them to the memorial. Streamlining them like that would kill the soul it has.
    That's just my opinion, though. Tell me what you think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor23 View Post
    Personally, I think it's fine as is. It's very soulful and is good for role play as it shows how much you care about the person in particular or about all marines in general.
    I always try to grab the dogtags of my character's fallen friends and deliver them to the memorial. Streamlining them like that would kill the soul it has.
    That's just my opinion, though. Tell me what you think!
    This. Giving it a gameplay reason or making it so you can just beam them up there would remove the entire point of it. Remember, at it's heart, Space Station 13 is a roleplaying game. Plus, a mechanical advantage would just end in a bunch of wannabe IO's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe add more flavor to make it a bit more special? Like being able to write a short epitaph when you deposit a dogtag. Stuff like "Died covering his buddies", "We'll miss you Sarge".

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBrowne View Post
    Maybe add more flavor to make it a bit more special? Like being able to write a short epitaph when you deposit a dogtag. Stuff like "Died covering his buddies", "We'll miss you Sarge".
    Perhaps the time and cause of death on the end of mission.screen.

That info should already exist since it prints to dead chat.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a sucker for RP. I grab perma dead because I don't feel like leaving fellow marines behind. Or at least try to collect their tags.
    So, yeah, I wish there was more flavour to all that. Can't even place then on the memorial any more.