Date of Incident
    April 23, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Vanessa 'Pocket' Miller

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Economicairborn ?

Accused Character Name
    Kenneth Lance

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    18:46-19:42 CET

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rules 2 and 4

Description of the incident:
    It's been a custom for Kenneth lately to do the: "Whoever shows less to briefing gets FOB duty". I'm not certain if this was the case this time, but either way, Delta got FOB duty. I'm personally tired of this, and feel like it's griefing the players for several IC and OOC reasons:

1 - Subverts the expectations of players: This is a game, and people join certain squads to do certain things. At this point it's been years since the roles have been well defined. Most of the people who join Bravo do so to do FOB, most people that join other squads do so for their own reasons. Forcing a squad outside bravo to do FOB, basically tells half the marine pop to NOT do what they joined to do.. It's like telling Medbay staff to grab a gun and go fight and not do medical stuff (if the doctors had gun skills).

This obviously doesn't sit well with most players that want to play the game the way they chose, and as such, and as always, all the "punished" squaddies rush to the front, save the SL that is forced to stay, and a bunch of bravos stay at the FOB, but it's still annoying people, and it wastes their time.

2 - I haven't been a Bravo main in 3-4 years, but I find it VERY insulting to insinuate that the job that Bravo happily joins to do is a "punishment". It's telling a quarter of the marines that they suck, and their job is the lowest of them all in their faces. It's demeaning to the Bravo players, and I don't believe it's how an XO should behave.

3 - The IC reason: To do FOB duty properly (And I'd know, I wrote the guide), you need to pack differently. The guns and supplies that work on the front don't necessarily work as well in the FOB and viceversa. Hell, half the engineers in delta don't even pick mats or give them away! Telling a squad to do FOB duty 2 minutes before drop forces half the marine force to deploy woefully unprepared to do their expected job, and a good XO should DEFINITIVELY know this.

If the XO still wants to insist on both OOC and IC alienating half the marine force, he should at least order it at op start, and remind them every few minutes, so that marines can deploy prepared to do the job he wants them to do.

Thank you for your time.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Not the first time, Many people can attest to this behavior

What resolution are you seeking?
    At least a ruling on assigning FOB duty, and a talking to to the offender so he stops insulting and messing with half the marine pop for funsies.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been stated before, but squads aren't required to be assigned to a specific role. This violates no rules.

Resolved - Denied
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???