User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen eye for CIC and shipside cameras?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen eye for CIC and shipside cameras?

Queen eye for overwatch that lets you run your camera between the LOS of marines would make CIC lose their minds I think, be able to get a better picture of the field.

Shipside basically an AI eye on camera consoles that lets you see where cameras can see.

Thoughts Command mains? Do you like this idea? Would this be laggy? I've been told it shouldn't be laggy so I'm curious to hear

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want this, we see helmet cams like they did in the movies.
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely a quality of life improvement. Since every SS13 AI already has this feature, one could assume its not laggy. Might as well give it to all benos too, it's pain in the ass that in order to actually look at something you have to constantly check marine/xeno names on your screen and then find them on the list, very, very slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Surely a quality of life improvement. Since every SS13 AI already has this feature, one could assume its not laggy. Might as well give it to all benos too, it's pain in the ass that in order to actually look at something you have to constantly check marine/xeno names on your screen and then find them on the list, very, very slow.
    Command should at least be able to hit the F in chat for marines under their command so they can jump to their helmets. I'm pretty pro giving command more information gathering tools because besides yelling orders no one listens too, they call in the OB and thats usually the biggest impact they have on the round

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the CO cannot grow an ovipositor, construct barricades and sandbags from CIC while emitting orders. no I dont want it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecharge123 View Post
    if the CO cannot grow an ovipositor, construct barricades and sandbags from CIC while emitting orders. no I dont want it.
    so that's where marines come from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like ss13 AI? Surely it can be done. Dont know how would devs handle moving cameras.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, railguns used to be a thing, they had moving cameras. they did glitch pretty bad often, however you had very limited vision, such as not being able to see people and certain walls and such. Moving cameras isn't really a big issue, its just a balance thing. It breaks the original feature of helmet cams, like in the movies you were supposed to have limited vision making it hard to see. It makes sense for the queen to have queens eye, because A.) it cant go anywhere it wants to, its bound to only being able to view xenos and weeds and B.) xenos are severely outnumbered so being able to remote build and stuff is very useful for xenos because there is more likely to only be like 3-4 hivelords/drones that can even build unlike marines who have like 10+ engis. If the CO could just see, whatever they want, they would just spend the entire round looking immediately for hive/xeno defenses and it would be severely unfair for the xenomorphs who are bound to whoever they can spread the weeds.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already have an eye system, it's used with the queen eye. However I have no interest in adding this. Overwatch is fine and the scrolling through helmet cams can be mitigated by using filters, or maybe implementing binds for it. Also it would be unmovielike.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that sporadic attention to the details in the movie. Can we have moving camera eye? No, it's unmovielike. Can we hide from benos like Newt in the movie? No, it's movielike.

Also, I don't see problem with balance. You know what AI sees when it is looking at a tile where camera, or borg doesn't see/doesn't have a clear line of sight? It sees static. You know what AI sees when it's completly dark, but cameras and borgs have clear line of sight to it? It sees darkness. Do you guys ever played SS13 AI? Because I highly doubt judging by the ridiculous statements.

It would be QoL, not a buff, its what SO/XO/CO already sees, but more convinient.