Marine Name
    Mayl Fore

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Sawyer

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Sawyer was designed with the purpose of information gathering, and is sold as a unit specifically made to obtain and relay accurate intel. As such, he’s programmed to be naturally curious and ask questions. These questions can range from asking about simple battlefield information, to asking about the thoughts and opinions of the humans he is working under.

Outside of this purpose, he is curious about how humans think, what their values are, and what views they hold. He is eager to ask about and learn the experiences of humans, and how they view those experiences through their own personal lens. He also has a tendency of asking a group of humans the same question to gauge the diversity of thought between them, as well as to simply collect information.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I’ve always found artificial humans/synthetics to be an interesting concept. The question of whether or not something artificial can be “human” or something similar to it fascinates me. I think synthetics in the Alien universe/franchise are a good example of something designed to make you question whether or not it really feels anything, or if it’s just programmed to react to stimuli a certain way. The opportunity to roleplay as one is exciting to me.

I also just enjoy playing support roles in CM, especially medical, since I’m not very good at combat.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    My most memorable interaction with a synthetic is split, since there’s two that I can’t really pick between because I equally enjoyed them both.

The first one is the round where I was a Doctor, and Day was the colony synthetic. Day, the CMO and I just sat around and talked about various topics. It was enjoyable, and really helped make what would’ve been an uneventful round into a fun one.

The second is the time I was a survivor and Ricky was the colony synthetic. He spawned as the chef synthetic and had a comically large pizza cutter. We survived until the marines arrived, then we started up a restaurant in the colony’s kitchen. We made some spaghetti, and eventually had an Italian mobster visit us to order some food. Unfortunately it was cut short by xenos swarming us, but it was fun nonetheless.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The marines of the Almayer deploy to combat CLF guerillas, with Sawyer accompanying them.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I would say I’m fairly experienced with Engineering. I know cading principles, how to construct and deconstruct walls, repair APCs, construct the FOB, etc. and also some more advanced-ish things like walling off unwatched flanks with reinforced walls.

I’m experienced enough to know things like stacking sandbags against the cades is a terrible idea. I’m not sure if they still block bullets, but I know for sure they make grenades bounce back.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I’ve got around 12 hours as Staff Officer, so I know how to operate the Overwatch consoles, and how to watch comms for any marine requests. I am by no means an expert, but I am competent enough to do basic overwatch for the marine forces. I’ve also gained sufficient enough experience to remain calm in high-stakes situations and focus on sifting through marine comms for useful information.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical is my most developed skill in CM. I know every surgery step by heart as well as the Oxycodone + Quickclot tricks to avoid anesthetic and hemostat steps, chemline recipes (IA, IS, BM, KD, epi, cryomix, etc.), how to revive marines with high damage (600+ damage and such), and basically all aspects of Medical roles.

The only role I am not too familiar with if you include it in the Medical category is Research, but even then I know the basics of how it works (Turing Dispenser, Synthesis Simulator, etc.)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I’m pretty familiar with Requisitions. I know what to put into supply drops (metal/plasteel/sandbags, flares, MREs, ammunition boxes, entrenching tools, bags of flashlights, signal flares, mortar + shells, etc.) I know the attachment/general/ammunition vendor contents and the locations of them in the menu pretty well. Any requests that get sent via FOB squad comms, command comms, or requisitions comms, I can fill out fairly quickly.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A scenario I can perform combat in is: I am dragging a marine back to LV medical/robotics to use the surgery table to remove a larva. A lurker appears and starts attacking, I keep running and whack it when it goes in for a slash until I’m either in a safe area or it disengages. Another scenario would be during Delta alert in general (hijack/colony synthetic before marines arrive), as long as there weren't any revivable bodies/injured marines or other things that required tending such as repairing or building barricades.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png

My in-game hours as of posting this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played plenty of times with Mayl, he knows his stuff. I can vouch for engineering, medical, and RP competency. The story and quirk is cool, easy +1.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about your thought processes and how you would work on addressing these two situations:

https://i.imgur.com/ix78jke.png
    https://i.imgur.com/qlGv9P8.png

(can't get direct insertion of pictures with good enough quality for some reason)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katskan View Post
    I'm curious about your thought processes and how you would work on addressing these two situations:

https://i.imgur.com/ix78jke.png
    https://i.imgur.com/qlGv9P8.png

(can't get direct insertion of pictures with good enough quality for some reason)
    Oh boy.

For the graveyard, first of all I'd yell at the marines to start giving CPR to the corpses to buy some more time. Secondly, I'd revive the Charlie medic to the west of the synth. Getting him up means there's another person working on reviving people, assuming he doesn't get up and wander off without helping. After reviving the Charlie medic, I'd go for the Delta smartgunner, scout, alpha engineer, marine on the tile above the perma Alpha smartgunner, and the OT in that order. (I'm going off who isn't actively being treated by medics/the synth in this image, that would include the heartbroken engi) After that, Delta smartgunner, delta SL, and Charlie engineer dead near the eggs in that order. I would only splint vitals (chest, groin, head) to save time, and just give doses of bica/kelo/peri/inap assuming it wouldn't OD them, without bothering to shake them up, also to save time. Here's hoping I didn't miss anything.

For the hellcades, I don't really know why you'd expand to here but I wanna give an answer that isn't just "I would destroy it and leave.", so here's how I'd try to fix this mess.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...18/unknown.png

Busted out the crayons for this one. Hope discord images work on here.

First of all, starting in the NE hallway. I'll keep the reinforced walls there. I'd destroy the metal cades marked in red because WHY are they even there, first of all they're way too tightly placed, and second of all they're not even gates. Then, I'd move the plasteel gate + cades back up, further than I illustrated since T3s destroying the r. walls will allow them to poke and eventually destroy the cades easily from the security outpost, minus the opposite-facing sandbags because they WILL make grenades bounce back for funny moments. If APC is still active and wants to go through the southern area with the arcade cabinets, turn it into a 3-wide gate so it can travel through. Also take the de-activated sentry facing a wall and place it somewhere where it'll actually be useful. Make the activated sentry 2 tiles back from the leftmost/rightmost metal barricade to allow for marines to move better near the cades. I'm keeping the reinforced walls replacing the security outpost's east windows because I think they make for a nice killchoke to grind T1s and T2s against, as long as they aren't destroyed.

Going south from the hallway area into the small pocket of cades there. First of all. ENSURE THEY'RE WIRED, and from there, the blue lines indicate how I'd arrange metal barricades, and the purple ones indicate how I'd arrange gates, plasteel for the ones wider than one tile, and foldable metal for the ones that are just one tile. Red lines indicate the annihilation of the sandbags to the south of the line. The design of them is just incomprehensible to me, and some of them are facing the wrong way which is just a bad idea in general. If you REALLY wanted to have sandbags as a buffer, the best way to arrange them would just be the regular way, the tile below the cades with the sandbag pocket being closed off on either end, like this: [___]. Again, if APC intended on moving through, make a south 3-tile wide plasteel gate and a west 3-tile wide plasteel gate. This southern hallway pocket having cades at the west end of it is just because I wanted to segment the cades a bit, since one breach to the west (which I would say is the likeliest area to be breached in this entire cade formation) would mean the south and east cades are rendered entirely pointless.

Moving west, firstly move the indented barricades one tile down to be in line with the rest of the barricades. After that, deconstruct the walls and window frames of the security outpost (minus the reinforced walls) since it's just an unnecessary obstruction. Deconstruct/move the cades on the far west end of the image back, and arrange the barricades as illustrated (once again making 3-wide adjustments if the APC is active and intends to move through that area). Color-coding is the same as before. Destroy the walls near the container, the lone wall, and then the ones to the southwest to eliminate cover for the xenos which they can use to peek out and attack the barricades.

I *think* that's it. This fix is under the assumption I have enough materials to repair everything and the necessary time to do so. Apologies for any typos in this response, or if I didn't explain well enough.
    Last edited by iowafarmer; 04-28-2022 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's further expand the casualty scenario to include that some of the mentioned bodies have burns and friendly fire, and are in massive damage states with 500+. What process will you use for triage and what's your approach to treating them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katskan View Post
    Let's further expand the casualty scenario to include that some of the mentioned bodies have burns and friendly fire, and are in massive damage states with 500+. What process will you use for triage and what's your approach to treating them?
    Those closest to going perma with high damage (500+) go first. So yellows get priority over greens with high damage, basic triage order. Those with low/standard damage (200-250) go last, as they're very easily revived, and they can always be revived simply to restart their timer without having to take time to med/splint them. Still reviving the medic first and yelling for the non-medic marines to start doing CPR on every body.

In this scenario, what role they are loses a bit of weight over their damage and time remaining, though if two are on par damage and timer wise then more important roles get priority, of course.

The triage process itself is stripping their armor, then numpad dancing and kitting every one of their body parts above around 15 damage, and then suturing/grafting the body parts with the highest damages, which in my experience are usually the chest/groin/head. After that, stick them with epi and start defib spamming. I'll assume that the other high damage patients still need my attention, so I'll leave them without bothering to splint or med. Their timer is reset, they have low damage, and they're easily brought back to life afterwards. The priority is getting everyone to a state where they won't perma, so if they die again after revival that's fine, as it's a lot better to just apply the defib once more THEN pill/splint them instead of taking the time to pill/splint them and running the risk of losing other patients. It'll take longer for them to get on their feet, but MORE of them will get on their feet by the end of it. I assume only a few them have high damage, since it's not usually the case that a majority have high damage unless an OB went terribly wrong or a flamer/pyro spec went too wild.

I hope I understood what you were asking correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm satisfied, you've shown good engagement and have both familiarity with the tools available as well as proficiency to adapt with outstanding circumstances. I not only wouldn't be worried about you not doing a good job, but expect some improvement becoming familiar with the new opportunities and abilities that a synthetic has as compared to human roles, as the degree and care of thought and effort put into understanding mechanics and situations shows.
    Capture.jpg

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iowafarmer/Mayl Fore is a character that I am familiar with from survivor gameplay. My first encounter with them had them staying in character while a survivor. This isn’t always an easy feat since you are usually getting bum rushed, also survivor rp is not usually a thing - the mindset being more killing xenos with hard mode activated.

For those reasons have my +1. Also great answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A frequent Survivor survivor, which demands a solid understanding of both cade-building and the honored art of knowing what fights to run away from, both of which are important for the Synth WL. Getting to see you as RO Last night really tipped the opinion over to a solid +1 from me.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen them a lot, specially on each of the roles they claim to play and has not disappointed me in any of them, so if it's about game knowledge they have that pinned down.
    They can also RP well and most importantly (from my survivor experience with them), they use their head to solve problems similar to what synthetics face and know how to follow the rules.

Undoubtedly a +1 I feel obliged to give, I trust them like I'd trust an already WL'd synthetic purely on how they act ingame.