Felix "Cash" Taylor
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    8:00pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2 - Investigation
    Description of the incident
    In a round where admittedly I was being a bit of a shitter. I bashed the SEA with a chair a few times; and had fun being repeatedly released (even given back the chair) then bashing him again.

I ended up being arrested three times.

During this round the MPs seemed.. new or disorganized or both. They repeatidly mischarged me, charged me slowly, and violated minor rules.

The second time I was arrested I was released early due to them failing to follow appeals in a timely manner.

During my third arrest they denied me yard access as I was a "repeat offender" Ahelps and such regarding it went unanswered.

So while sitting in my cell the other prisoner suggested I "self harm" because "when I hurt myself I got to get out for a while and they gave me good drugs" or something to that effect.

So with no one watching, I punched myself in the head and.. promptly decapitated myself on accident.. with punching.

I received the following note. " As a doctor, ended up in the brig with a stack of charges twice, then decided to self harm "for drugs" that ended with them accidentally decaping themselves. No acceptable IC justification for this found after talking to them. Warned for wasting a limited slot and acting below our RP expectations for commissioned officers. "

The note reads as though I purposely cut my own head off for no reason just to avoid serving a sentence.
    Evidence
    The Note

"As a doctor, ended up in the brig with a stack of charges twice, then decided to self harm "for drugs" that ended with them accidentally decaping themselves. No acceptable IC justification for this found after talking to them. Warned for wasting a limited slot and acting below our RP expectations for commissioned officers. "

Round was long I dont have logs.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    The note reads as though I just decided to shoot myself after being arrested and I hate that. I have never ever killed myself in this game except accidently; and I had no intention of doing so.

I am willing to be noted for low RP as an officer. But that I had "no IC" reason after being told by other prisoner he got drugs for self harm. And "wasting" the spot by accidently punching my own head off which I very obviously didnt mean to do (who knew you could even do that).

Suggest the note be removed or updated to something like "As a doctor, ended up in the brig with a stack of charges thrice, then decided to self harm after another prisoner told him to "for drugs" that ended with them accidentally decaping themselves by punching their own head off. Warned for wasting a limited slot and acting below our RP expectations for commissioned officers. "

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I was under the impression that doctors are commissioned officers but not really held to the same standard as officers as they aren't really in charge of anyone.

Finally this "limited" slot was with a medbay entirely packed with doctors and nurses and we already had several deployed and a synth deployed. Medbays biggest concern was the surgical tools I had. I wouldn't be doing shenanigans if I was needed.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, to clarify: Doctors are commissioned officers and are expected to act like them, as stated in the current RP standard guidelines. The fact that you had other people covering for you in medbay does not justify your shenanigans because every other doctor could assume the same and walk off to do something else.

My issue was not that you decaped yourself as I told you both in the note and in DMs. My issue was that you ended up in the brig at least twice by literally doing stuff on purpose that would get you there and once there for the second time, you outright admitted to me in DMs that you were trying to beat yourself up at the flimsy excuse of "a prisoner told me you could get drugs that way" mostly to be a nuisance to the MPs. I noted you because you, even in your own self admittance, did not intend to play a limited slot role as intended and failed to meet the basic criteria we currently have up for all commissioned officers, including the fact that you are supposed to be acting like there are ongoing consequences to your behavior after this particular operation ends. A lot of the things that you did, on their own, maybe would have gone unnoticed. But dedicating the entire round to be a nuisance for no reason is too much and we are currently trying to improve that aspect of RP on the server as stated in our current RP expectations.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bearded,

I feel that the note here is valid considering your actions as Doctor over the course of the round. It appears to be a round of shenanigans that might have been okay by themselves, but combined they ultimately culminated in you punching your head off.

I won't be taking any further action.