Jroinc1's Mod App

Post by Jroinc1 » 16 Jan 2017, 11:41

Byond ID:Jroinc1

Colonial Marines Character:Angelo Pearsall

Timezone:Eastern Standard

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate? 10-20

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)? Nope

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers? Nope

What other servers do you play on? None regularly.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM? None, but I guess LLA if you want to look into the deep past...

Have you had an application to Colonial Marines before? The mentor one.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where? Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines? Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, where and When (roughly)? I don't think so... Not that I'm aware.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)? ...yep

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each situation (BELOW) the situation. If you start it on the same line, I'll assume you can't follow directions and auto-decline your application.

1. A player is firing his weapon in the briefing area near the start of the round.

IC issue... until he hits someone.
If he hits no one, and it's a misclick/MP's arrest him, no action needed.
If he hits someone and says it's a misclick over LOOC, watch him, but no action needed.
If he fired more than one shot/hits multiple people, sleep him, then question as to motive. Check notes to see if this has happened before. Heal all hit by him. Add note if it wasn't clearly an accident (unlikely if it got this far), then possibly apply ban (0 to 24 hours, depending on how hostile his responses were/if he appeared to learn).
Sic mentor on him if he appears generally inexperienced, or follow him providing assistance through ahelps for rest of match.

2. The Sulaco has a breach to space.

Check if it's Predator or Rasputin caused. If so, leave it.
Check if it's caused by an alien melting a wall, or obvious grief. If so, seal it, talk to offending player, check notes, add a note regardless (for records), and 24-hour ban starting after second offense.
Check if it's any of the above, but NOT immediately threatening the round (E.G- breach into atmos), and there are active CE's/MT's. Do NOT seal the breach, make a MOTHER report about said breach requesting repair, and monitor it until it's fixed, to prevent any large-scale deaths/screw-ups. Handle as IC as possible.
Check if it's caused by engineering causing the breach for an IC reason. Talk to the player, find out WHY he's doing it, and note if there's a BAD reason (E.G.- Good reason- There was a phoron leak. Bad reason- I wanted to vent the ayys to space.). Ban for 24 hours on second offence, as before.

3. The marines want the nuke codes because they claim they are losing too many marines. There are currently 4 aliens and 20 marines in your /who.

One, I can't give out nuke codes. So let's look at the situation.
4 ayys. That could be a decent fighting force
20 LIVING HUMANS in this case, not 'rines. 1CO/XO. 2BO's. 1 CL. 1RSR. 2 MD's. 1 CE. 2 MT's. 1 RO. 1CT. That's 12 non-combat personnel, who won't be able to participate in a groundside fight, and is a reasonable number for a round-end. That leaves 8 'rines who can drop, who will get promptly cut to ribbons, and extend the round even longer.

MOTHER report- "Everyone fights, no one quits." Authorize EVERYONE to go groundside on the last push on the rasp.
Queen Mother report- "The hosts come on their bird. There are many, but some are unused to the fight. Prepare."

4. A Sulaco researcher has made several napalm grenades and hands them out to marines. One of the marines throws the grenade into Logistics. There are no admins or other moderators online.

I've never seen a napalm grenade used on the server. Ever. I think the recipe may have been removed? And we don't have "Logistics" anymore, we have Requisitions.

First- Were there hostiles in "Logistics"? If so, IC issue, no action needed.
Otherwise, note how much damage it did. If no one was hurt/died, and MP's arrest him, talk to him and note the incident. Additionally, ban from 0-3 days depending on quality and tone of responses (0 days ONLY if he had no grief-related notes/was new).
If anyone was hurt/died, revive them.
If he can't be caught, sleep him.
Use fix-air on "logistics" if he actually had a "napalm" grenade. Spot-check surrounding rooms with analyze-air and fix as needed.

Have a chat with the RSR. If he actually made a napalm grenade, ask him to not do so again, as they mess with atmos. If he made a potassium-water grenade, ask him if he gave it out to the specific person, and why. Note in any case, but alter tone of note depending on responses. RSR jobban after 3rd note (it's not always easy to keep track of grenades once they leave your possession).

5. A played is starting to talk about the things he did with your mom last night over Ahelp.

PlayeR. Not played.

Just deal with it. I'm 22. I hear worse things in my job on a daily basis. Don't mute him from ahelp, he may need it in the future. If I feel like I HAVE to mute him, aghost and follow him in case he runs into trouble.

6. You notice a marine with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules.

Request that he change it, ask him what he'd like us to change it to.
Get an admin to change it/ask him to change it next round, depending on staff availability.
Note the incident, and the SPECIFIC name.

6a. The marine is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, noone has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.

Ask other staff if it breaks the rules. I might be wrong.
Assuming I'm NOT wrong, remind him that ignorance of the rules is IN ITSELF a rulebreak, and sadly, I gotta force compliance with this one. Ask him again, if not, 3hr ban.

7. You see a Sulaco Doctor with an M41A rifle strapped to his back running around the briefing area. There are wounded in medbay, and the other doctor is in surgery.

Watch him. Where's he going?
If he heads back to medbay, and the ship's under imminent danger (boarding, Russians), and he's NOT shooting it, let it go. Reasonable IC precaution.
If he goes anywhere else, see if he rushes in to fight, or to heal.
If he goes in to heal, let it go. IC issue.
If he goes to FIGHT, PM him. Ask him why he's doing that. Tell him to stop and head back to treat the wounded. Note the incident, jobban on 2nd note. If he does not comply, sleep him, then wake him up. If he STILL does not comply, 1 day ban.

8. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.

Medics aren't allowed to do surgery.
Check notes, ban if 3rd or more offense. Note incident. Allow him to finish the surgery (being REALLY nice here), then PM him informing him of the rule and telling him to stop. Observe for compliance. If not, do actions from #7.

9. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the Sulaco, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

About 20 living 'rines. Hmm.
See #8.
Force a drop ASAP, but tell each ayy individually to not retreat past the immediate area of the landing. Victory or death.

10. The round ends, and a marine starts unloading his weapons on other marines.

Sleep him, ask for round-end delay, 3hr ban for EORG. Nothing I can do on this one.

11. A marine who has recently awoken is using soap to slip other marines.

IC issue. Why... why would anyone do anything on this?

12. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.

Ask both 'rines if either had an issue with it. If they say no, IC issue, but that won't happen.
Check attack logs and notes. Determine the order of escalation. Ask players what happened through PM's.
Note the aggressor, ban the aggressor 1 day IF they had more than one previous note on the matter.
Aheal the victim if he never attacked back besides the initial punch (I think that's our policy here, seen a few interpretations?).
If he DID attack back, use SM to see about getting him cloned.

If the aggressor is not banned, use SM to see about getting him cloned.

Any additional information you'd like to add?

Eh, I don't really want to be a mod, but I feel like I might as well post this, see how it goes over.

EDIT- My goal with all responses is to keep staff involvement to the minimum possible, when such would not be detrimental to the round.
Last edited by Jroinc1 on 16 Jan 2017, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Mentor-
3 Nov 16-15 Jan 17

Atmos bombs built- 16
Hull breaches repaired- 6
Charged SMs manually dragged to space- 2
Backup tcomms systems set- 4
SM de-lamination weapons detonated- 0
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp- 5
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp ACCIDENTALLY- 2
Engine SMs de-laminated on my watch- 0

Upper deck engines made-1
Lower deck engines made-1

Total kills with SM- 6

Most surgeries done at once- 3
Most anesthetic tanks used in a round- 3
Most surgeries done using only personal supplies- 37
Most perdiox made w/in 5 min of roundstart- 540u

NoahKirchner
Byond: NoahKirchner

Re: Jroinc1's Mod App

Post by NoahKirchner » 16 Jan 2017, 11:42

Denied for reasons stated above.
► Show Spoiler

Helgraf

Post by Helgraf » 16 Jan 2017, 11:42

-1 Not enough of Helgraf
Image Image
Mentor from 9/9/16 - 7/29/17
"I-I can't even.... I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU WITH MY DREADLOCKS!" - A fine quote from ShortTemperedLeprechaun

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 16 Jan 2017, 23:54

I don't get it.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

jaggaaff

Post by jaggaaff » 17 Jan 2017, 05:14

-1 isn't shit-posty enough.

Snypehunter007
Byond: Snypehunter007

Post by Snypehunter007 » 17 Jan 2017, 15:39

Carmac wrote:I don't get it.
Same (?)
Reached "Leet" post status on 3/14/17.
Death of the Suggestion Killer - 11/30/2017

Staff History:
► Show Spoiler

XenonDragneel
Byond: Byond ID

Post by XenonDragneel » 17 Jan 2017, 16:49

-1 Need korean in this
When u talk sh** to the IB

Edgelord
Donor
Donor
Byond: Edgelord

Post by Edgelord » 17 Jan 2017, 18:43

Why do I feel like this is some kind of passive-aggressive commentary
Dayton 'Day' Mann
"That wiggling sensation you feel in your ass is Weyland-Yutani's fingers working you like a puppet."

NoahKirchner
Byond: NoahKirchner

Post by NoahKirchner » 17 Jan 2017, 19:35

Edgelord wrote:Why do I feel like this is some kind of passive-aggressive commentary
It doesn't really appear to be. Honestly as I read it, all of the answers are what the staff do just not what you'd put on an application.
► Show Spoiler

Jroinc1
Byond: Jroinc1

Post by Jroinc1 » 17 Jan 2017, 20:02

For everyone who does not get it, here's why I posted it.

I do not wish to be a mod, but every time I see that application, I want to fill one out to show what my stance would be as a mod.

It's not passive-aggressive commentary, it's not a troll post, it's not me saying all ya'll staff are BAD (you aren't, nor am I implying that you are).
It's just a personal exercise that I decided to post, because it would bother me if I didn't, and Acid Goop was the only place to put it.

EDIT- It just had been bugging me for a few weeks now, and I decided to just do it.
Mentor-
3 Nov 16-15 Jan 17

Atmos bombs built- 16
Hull breaches repaired- 6
Charged SMs manually dragged to space- 2
Backup tcomms systems set- 4
SM de-lamination weapons detonated- 0
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp- 5
Times I've burned half the ship to a crisp ACCIDENTALLY- 2
Engine SMs de-laminated on my watch- 0

Upper deck engines made-1
Lower deck engines made-1