Elcheba - Mapper application

Fix all the things.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful at all times.
2. Only Dev Team Members may "vote" on if someone is going to be accepted or not. Non-Staff who post in applications are restricted to giving feedback on their experiences with that person only, not questioning the applicant or their application.
3. Staff reserves the right to delete any posts that are counter-productive to the topic.
Elcheba
Byond: elcheba

Elcheba - Mapper application

Post by Elcheba » 12 Nov 2018, 19:57

Byond ID: Elcheba

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
Mapper (i can also do sound/audio editing and minor sprites)

Any previous experience developing with SS13? None

Proof of any previous or current work:
I've been learning to map for the past month on our leaked code and i think i've made some tiles that i'd consider passable (The map is extremely barebones though, im sharing some tiles where i've added some objects and furniture)
► Show Spoiler
How well do you know Git?: i've watched an hour long video explaining git while drinking a bottle of rum so i'd say very little

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand? (Yes/No)

Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?:

Learning to map on our leaked code may be questionable, however i wanted to learn how the systems work in our server instead of learning how to map on any other codebase. If what i did was not ok, i apologize.

Deanthelis
Byond: Deanthelis

Re: Elcheba - Mapper application

Post by Deanthelis » 18 Nov 2018, 16:34

We're currently working on a more formalized test for mappers, it should be ready at the end of the week. I'll contact you privately at that time, but please be aware you're on our radar.