Predator Application: Xarvis Ut'ur-era

Contains the details about white-listed characters.
Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Predator Application: Xarvis Ut'ur-era

Post by Jakkkk » 01 Jul 2018, 21:49

Byond ID: Jakkkk

Marine Name: Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson, and I also play Mortimer the synth.

Name of the character you want whitelisted: Xarvis Ut'ur-era

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor? I can accurately uphold the code of honor.

Character background:
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your predator (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your predator)? I will play Xarvis as a very proud, arrogant predator. It is his goal to create the perfect symphony, using the body parts from his hunts to create the instruments needed. I didn't include it in the character background, but from the way he talks and carrys himself, he is from a well respected, higher-up clan so to speak. He carries himself with nobility and more self-importance than the rest of his fellow hunters, and I think that will create better opportunities for fellow predator and more importantly marine roleplay.

Once Xarvis has killed a foe, he will use their body parts to create the needed instruments for this hunts symphony. Since the Yautja culture is very tribal, he only uses drums and flutes, but he likes to add other instruments given their availability. In his eyes, it is his duty as a noble Yautja to create something better than a simple trophy like the rest of the hunters do, his trophy will create beautiful music that will bless the ears and souls of all that hears it.

Why should we whitelist you? I'm already whitelisted as a synthetic and commander, which shows I can uphold the required level of RP needed for a predator. I also believe I would deliver marines a different experience than most predators. Instead of cloaking, uncloaking, killing a marine/xeno and leaving, I would actively try to roleplay with them and give them an experience to remember. I know that most predators say the same thing, and that most rounds will force them to deviate from their written playstyle, but I have made my playstyle in which I can RP stuff by myself, and when there are other people willing (or unwilling) to RP I can take advantage of that.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? I haven't been banned, and I have no notes on my account.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? I'm not banned from any other server.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor? Yes, and I agree with this policy. Staff or not staff, donor or not donor, should all be treated equally, and I'm glad we can do such a thing in a game of this size.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Kreegs
Byond: Kreegs

Re: Predator Application: Xarvis Ut'ur-era

Post by Kreegs » 02 Jul 2018, 00:10

Jarvis Urethra has my +1
Jakk's a great roleplayer and a reliable storyteller. Definitely not the type to just do fuckall for a whole round as a predator.

superjo98
Byond: superjo98
Steam: superjo98

Post by superjo98 » 02 Jul 2018, 01:38

I don't normally post on applications but this one really deserves a +1, I have seen Olaf and Mortimer in game and have seen how good of a roleplayer Jakkkk can be. This story is pretty awesome and the preds backstory/personality is unique.
I play Dawson Hook

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Post by Sulaboy » 02 Jul 2018, 04:39

I really dig this application. I'm not well versed on predator lore so I can't judge this application in that respect, but his backstory seems very original, and I felt that the story really showcases his play style. Having something your predator focuses on gives them a drive to start encounters. Ingame I know that Jakkkk is a good role player and puts effort into his work. I feel from this I can give my +1.

I am going to ask some questions though. Do you have anymore info about your clan? One of the main hurdles for roleplay between predators and marines/Xenos is their ability to communicate, different languages and hostilities put up obstacles. I just wanted to know your thoughts on how you'd overcome this?
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 02 Jul 2018, 04:56

+1

Never thought I could read a story from a Cossack in World War One with a predator but I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

With Olaf as a Marine and Mortimer as a Synth. Arguably one of the best role players on this server.

I can only imagine it would be fun for all players if he could get pred and might open up new situations of RP
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Slduggy
Byond: Slduggy

Post by Slduggy » 02 Jul 2018, 10:00

+1 Great Roleplayer and great app. I enjoyed reading this one a lot.
Noah 'Biceps' Cruz

215lbs bench OOC, 2150lbs bench IC

"Whatever happens, we have got, the M56D Mounted Smartgun, and they have not."

Image - XO Kennard Davis

ghost120
Byond: Ghost120

Post by ghost120 » 02 Jul 2018, 10:15

Holy crap, the story is so damn good, i had a good time reading it. Who would have thought about a story of a russian cossack meeting predator? And the idea with journal, top notch.

Unfortunately, I didn't had too many interactions with Olaf nor Mortimer myself, but i'm sure he is a person who would handle being a predator as i occasionaly see him on frontlines or when spectating.

+1
Leon "Ghost" Daemon Image Chibi Leon by Okand37. Huge thanks to her!

Kerek
Byond: Kerek

Post by Kerek » 02 Jul 2018, 10:18

+1 - Unique backstory, good roleplayer.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /Heinz.jpg

Stripetail
Byond: Stripetail

Post by Stripetail » 02 Jul 2018, 10:53

+1 One of the most unique pred apps I've seen.
Joshua Kincaid
Paul Balderson
[Pred] Koren Kjuhte

http://i.imgur.com/w6hfYXm.png

Renomaki

Post by Renomaki » 02 Jul 2018, 10:53

Right, I'm not the best at these kinda things, but I'll try me best to judge fairly.

First off, I don't really judge based on backstories, because what matters more to me is your in-game playstyle more than anything. And honestly, I am curious about it... How do you intend to make instruments with body parts? I'm not sure if this just means you'll chop up bodies into pieces and stockpile them, or somehow make custom emotes playing a severed arm, but If you ever get whitelisted, I'd like to see how you really handle this.

other than that, I feel you could handle being a predator decently enough, considering how much SYNTH you play. Your synth has quite the reputation and I myself have come across and interacted with him as a predator several times with interesting results. Of course, I also recall you being a tad combative as a synth in the past before further synth rules were enforced, but maybe that just means you'll be able to handle being a predator a little easier. After all, Melee is a big part of being a predator, so having a good understanding of the blade is a useful thing to have.

I feel, considering your past in another high RP role, you could adapt to being a predator and create interesting situations for marines on the field. Will it be just as you described? Heh, with my experience, probably not quite, but I can see you giving it a good try and, if you are like me, experimenting to find ways to spook marines in new and creative ways.

I'll drop me 1+, although I'd rather simply say you have my blessing, since it is more meaningful than simply giving up a one up or down.
Sometimes, bravery comes from the most unlikely sources.

An inspirational song for when ye be feeling blue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_zvuPw8xU

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 02 Jul 2018, 11:44

Renomaki wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 10:53
Right, I'm not the best at these kinda things, but I'll try me best to judge fairly.

I'd like to see how you really handle this.
A whole lot of /me and body organization is how I planned to go about it.
Sulaboy wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 04:39
I am going to ask some questions though. Do you have anymore info about your clan? One of the main hurdles for roleplay between predators and marines/Xenos is their ability to communicate, different languages and hostilities put up obstacles. I just wanted to know your thoughts on how you'd overcome this?
As for the Ut'ur-era clan, they have been playing music for generations. Whenever not on their hunts, they would play great drums and flutes made of bones at coronation ceremonies, such as when someone would become a Clan Leader or an Elder. It is a very unique trait of their clan to be musical, but as I've stated before, they see it as doing something in addition to the hunt, something that is an entirely different challenge as well. It is one task to hunt a hard prey, but it is another hard task to turn their death into something pleasing to the ears, like music.

As for the language barrier, the universal language is the /me. Predators also have the tool of the robotic voice, which is harder to understand, but for most experienced players you can understand most of it.

Also, a big thanks to everyone that has +1'd this so far, I worked on this for twice as long as my synthetic application, and for some time I thought I'd never be able to top it.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

DeusMortis
Byond: DeusMort1s

Post by DeusMortis » 02 Jul 2018, 16:51

All of the obvious and important reasons why this should be accepted have been said.

+1.
Emilio Greene
John

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 02 Jul 2018, 18:39

Jakkk is known as a competent role-players and understands the mechanics for both yautja and other roles due to already having the synth whitelist and being one of the more well known synths.

Your gimmick as your predator is one I don't think we've seen exactly before, it's always nice to see predators more focused on the culture of the yautja.

Overall this application is really good and sets a good standard of what an app can be like to easily get approval.

+1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 02 Jul 2018, 21:48

Kavlo wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 18:39
Jakkk is known as a competent role-players and understands the mechanics for both yautja and other roles due to already having the synth whitelist and being one of the more well known synths.

Your gimmick as your predator is one I don't think we've seen exactly before, it's always nice to see predators more focused on the culture of the yautja.

Overall this application is really good and sets a good standard of what an app can be like to easily get approval.

+1
Pretty much this, I haven't seen this grade of app in a long time. +1
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 02 Jul 2018, 21:51

Jakk is one of the best players I've had the pleasure of practicing roleplay with, as a Marine, Predator, and Synth in the past. Disciplined, in addition to an excellent personality, I recognize him as a competent and interesting player to have together in a round.

Background is interesting and original. Interestingly, I had thought of a similar theme for my app when I did it long ago.

Anyway, you would definitely be a good addition to the hunt, and as Kavlo said, your app sets a good standard of what is expected in a whitelist application.

+1
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

oprayx73

Post by oprayx73 » 07 Jul 2018, 15:31

Good solid character development and archetype ontop of Jakkk's performance as staff/roleplayer ingame adds to his repertoire,
providing a pretty good basis for a decent predator.

+1 from me :)
Cut them xenos up with yer machete! :D

Muhrene Name : Boris Bourbon
Synthetic Name : Abraham
Predator Name : Cuthun Dak'te

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 08 Jul 2018, 04:25

Massive fucking
+1
Jakkk is an amazing player and I would love to see him play as a pred
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

x31stOverlord
Byond: x31stOverlord

Post by x31stOverlord » 08 Jul 2018, 05:08

I am quite happy to support with the +1

Jakkk is a good RPer, capable and competent with his Synth RP.

A fine member of staff who I can trust to not misuse the Pred role and I can hopefully look forward to some more Pred RP with the music lover.

Zathar opens his arms to a new hunt brother.
Yautja - Zathar-Veraz Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL, SO, XO, Synthetic Unit Joshua Roscoe Barrett - Spec, SGCMP, MP Ancient Empress, Ancient Runner (69)
https://i.imgur.com/8NP5Mbl.png

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 08 Jul 2018, 17:38

Kavlo summed it up mostly but yeah. Good backstory, good playstyle, okay player.

+1

Symbiosis
Byond: Symbiosis

Post by Symbiosis » 09 Jul 2018, 08:00

How rare is it that I actually want to read more of a backstory on a Predator application? Pretty damn rare. Probably the best written backstory I’ve read.

Easy +1.
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?”

Thwei Kv’var - Blood Hunter

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 10 Jul 2018, 17:08

+1 because of his authentic back story, his RP abilities, and his overall standing in the community.
Viking is pretty much a paragon among the community IMHO.

TheMaskedMan2
Byond: TheMaskedMan2

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 11 Jul 2018, 19:36

You're a cool dude. I'd critique the story but pretty much everyone else already did it. I like all of it.

+1
Certified RP Professional™
Marine: Vera Webb
Synthetic: Sybil
Predator: Vaya'Nylk

Aceluke123
Byond: Aceluke123

Post by Aceluke123 » 12 Jul 2018, 19:10

Renomaki wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 10:53
snip
Dammit, reno kinda judged your app very well in how I planned to do it, so I'm not going to repeat everything he just said for no reason.

You're a likable guy who roleplays very well, the application is very well done and I enjoyed the story immensely. I hope to see you as a predator and it seems others are wanting to see it as well. I do hope you find it enjoyable trying to figure out how to play with body parts in the game, as there is no real mechanic for it right now.

+1 from me.
I'm not crazy, you're crazy.
-Alex Rossfield

Nicknamed 'Clover,' 'Lover,' and... well I'd rather not say.
If I notice you, good job. It means you're probably worth my time.

Dossier - viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16782
► Show Spoiler

ThePiachu
Byond: ThePiachu

Post by ThePiachu » 19 Jul 2018, 04:11

Very good roleplayer, very good application, interesting enough playstyle. Looking forward to being hunted by this Predator :D

+1
Gaius Caelus

Often playing Researcher, Doctor, or many other ship-side roles
Amadeus the synth
Zig’Reth (The Player of Games)
Mostly droning as Xeno, OFTEN TALKING IN CAPS.

Also, I'm recording!

VortexGaming
Byond: VortexGaming

Post by VortexGaming » 19 Jul 2018, 09:29

+1 unique pred story, reliable rper you got everything goin for ya
Kaitlynn Lawson The Commander. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
Alicia:viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
Staff history
► Show Spoiler