Lumdor - Kar'Tar

Contains the details about white-listed characters.
Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Lumdor - Kar'Tar

Post by Lumdor » 02 Jul 2018, 13:42

Byond ID: Lumdor

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Bob Shoe

Name of the character you want whitelisted (The name your predator will use. This must match your in-game predator name): Kar-Teer

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor? Yes, I've read it.

Character background (An ADEQUATE description and story of your predators background):

The Young Blood

Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh! "Storms on this planet are a formidable foe in themselves," mumbled Kar'Tar, as the jungle around him seemed to be crying. To him, it seemed as if he was the only young-blood remaining in the hunt for the serpent. Two nights prior, Kar'Tar had found his hunting sister Jui'Tar's lifeless body lying against a tree, grasping her chest. Kar'Tar gently removed Jui'Tar's mask, taking in her last recorded moments.

"Caught by surprise?" whispered Kar'Tar. "You'll regain your honor sister." He placed a voice mimicking device onto her lifeless body and began his retreat back into the jungle. "Soon the serpent will reveal itself. Voices will draw it out of seclusion," Kar'Tar huffed, as he stopped running and ascended up a secluded tree. Po'Tar, the other hunter on their hunt, had not been seen since their landing into the immense jungle. He had sprinted off into the dense jungle as if he was looking for his own glory.

The Un-Blooded

Kar'Tar scanned the scout ship, his eyes darting back and forth between his fellow hunters; among them Jui'Tar, his sister, and Po'Tar, his brother. Tonight would be their second hunt together, though this time equipped with more than a combistick. Their first hunt together proved to be quite the test that even their clan leader, Uio'Tar, did not believe they would survive.

Though during their first hunt they were pitted against a young serpent in a raging storm, armed with nothing but a combistick and their loincloths. Together they would overcome the challenge that awaited them, as their clan leader had prepared them well for their first - real hunt.

Three days later, they had made no progress. Kar'Tar and his fellow hunters had not eaten, slept, or found a trace of the serpent. "Maybe the serpent is hiding in the trees, waiting for one of us to give out," thought Kar'Tar, as they skulked through the never-ending jungle.

The three continued their failing hunt for another three days. Soaked, demoralized, and beginning to hallucinate, Kar'Tar feared that their hunt would end with them dying from the serpent in their sleep. Everywhere Kar'Tar looked, it seemed the serpent was suddenly there and then gone. "Something must be done, or we will all perish," Kar'Tar mumbled as he continued darting his eyes across the jungle.

At the end of the sixth day, Kar'Tar hatched a plan that would set in motion the success of their first hunt. "Bait," Kar'Tar mumbled out, as he was struggling to stay awake. "We'll use ourselves as bait."

His fellow hunters nodded as if they both had the same idea; in reality, they were ready for this hunt to be over. The plan was laid out: Jui'Tar would lie against a tree screaming for help until the serpent came. The other two would wait in the shadows for the serpent, striking it when it came for Jui'Tar. Their plan was set in motion, the huntress began her cry for help, and the other two prepared themselves for the serpent.

From a distance, the sound of movement from the jungle canopy could be heard. "That is no noise of a storm." thought Kar'Tar, as it seemed the storm had died down as he listened to the noise of something approaching. From the shadows came their prey. The serpent - agile, stealthy, and deadly - suddenly jumped from the darkness, landing in front of Jui'Tar. In one quick motion, she drew her combistick in front of her, stopping the deadly serpent from delivering a fatal tail blow. Po'Tar and Kar'Tar acted as one, jumping from the shadows with their combisticks raised as they prepared to strike-

The whirring of the scout ship became more apparent as they made their descent to the ground. "Our hunt will soon begin." thought Kar'Tar as he finished scanning over his fellow hunters; the noise silenced as their scout ship finished its descent into an opening in the jungle.

The True Young Blood

"Po'Tar, where are you?" mumbled Kar'Tar, as he continued moving his eyes around Jui'Tar's body. The mimicking device has continued its cries for several hours, so far it has done nothing to bring the serpent out of seclusion. "My sister did not deserve this. Her honor will be regained tonight," thought Kar'Tar, as the roaring storm became more ferocious around him. Kar'Tar was ready, his wristblades never before have had a real hunt, but tonight would be their gleaming moment.

ROAR! "No serpent could roar like a Yautja.. No, that must've been Po'Tar," mumbled Kar'Tar, as he began his descent down the jungle canopy. With his combistick in one hand and his wristblades at the ready, Kar'Tar crept into the jungle. "Slowly," whispered Kar'Tar, the roars becoming more frequent the closer he came to the sound of his fellow hunter.

He emerged from the brush out into a clearing, where Kar'Tar saw his worst fear.

A serpent warrior, the rain dripping off its ridged back, the tail towering over its own body.. and across from the warrior, Po'Tar struggling to stand. The immense strength of the warrior flung Po'Tar, his strength failing him as he crashed against a jungle tree. Laying against the jungle tree, the warrior towered over his body, its tail swiping through the rain as if taunting Po'Tar. Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh! The warrior's tail seemed to have silenced the raging storm, as it went for the killing blow.

Kar'Tar watched as the tail of the warrior lacerated his fellow hunter's neck. Looming over Po'Tar's body, the warrior inspected its fallen prey. "This is my chance," thought Kar'Tar as he dashed across the clearing. No more than twenty feet from the warrior, he halted and brought up his combistick, eyes narrowing on his target. His stance became strong and wide, as he drew back his combistick, rage pulsing through him. "For my fellow hunters!" he roared, as he flung the combistick at the head of the warrior.

For The Hunt

The whirring sound of the ship began, the sound of the raging storm continued outside the Yautja scout ship. Kar'Tar took his seat in the same familiar place his hunt had begun. His eyes lingered on the site Jui'Tar, and Po'Tar once sat. "Your honor has been restored." thought Kar'Tar, as he heard the echoing sounds of two explosions below. In the seat next to Kar'Tar sat the head of the warrior, a hole piercing through, straight through its skull. Kar'Tar laid his hand on the massive skull, examining his trophy. "Until the next hunt, my brother, and sister."

How do you intend to play your predator (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your predator)?

My predator lost his brother and sister in their last hunt together. I'll be playing my predator as one who believes he'll have his fellow brother and sister beside him on each hunt. He'll continuously pray to them and talk to himself as if he were talking to them. When I play him I plan on wanting to make the odds stacked against him, as he wants the honorable death that his brother and sister got.

Why should we whitelist you?

I believe I'm an upstanding member of the community. I've tried my best as staff to assist anyone that need needs assistance, and I believe it's in a friendly manner most of the time. Already I've been commander whitelisted even though that's not as a heavy-rp role as a predator, I still believe I'm capable of making sure anyone I come into contact with has a good time.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? Never been banned or noted on CM.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? Not banned on any other server.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor? I completely understand and will make sure something like that never happens.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Re: Lumdor - Kar'Tar

Post by Jakkkk » 02 Jul 2018, 14:00

Jesus, do you know what the spoiler tool is?

This has my fat +1, the formatting is pretty boring though.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 02 Jul 2018, 14:17

Lumdor is an outstanding person, with an interesting story and well thought out gimmick.

On top of this, he already calls marines brothers and sisters, he's got 98% of the predator to predator RP nailed down.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

spheretech

Post by spheretech » 02 Jul 2018, 15:01

I don't care much for stories, but from what I've seen from Bob Shoe in-game, he can be trusted with pred. +1

ghost120
Byond: Ghost120

Post by ghost120 » 02 Jul 2018, 16:20

Hell yeah, Lumdor is the man.

+1

Good luck, brother. Can't wait to see you on the field.
Leon "Ghost" Daemon Image Chibi Leon by Okand37. Huge thanks to her!

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 02 Jul 2018, 16:31

Brother Shoe is the one man I'd trust to play a predator really well. Bonus points for using a combistick in the story. Alongside that, good understanding of the lore.

+1

driecg36
Byond: driecg36

Post by driecg36 » 02 Jul 2018, 16:42

horrible formatting and the name sounds like that one guy from magicka talking
lumdor's an great guy tho and he'd do really good with the whitelist

+1
Some guy.

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 02 Jul 2018, 17:30

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Was trying to appease to the people that hate spoiler tags and like the application to be all grey.

Also if you have any suggestions for the story I'd love to hear them.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 02 Jul 2018, 17:32

I like your gimmick, your RP is some of the best, and your story was intriguing.

Mega +1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 02 Jul 2018, 18:37

I do like the backstory, one of the more understanding and different backstorys nowadays.
The gimmick itself while similar to the "my predator is religious" has a different take on it which is interesting to see and sounds like it'll be good.

Overall the only problem I have with this application is the fact that you don't know how to use a spoiler tag so it looks kinda messy but that doesn't take away from the application itself.

+1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

Kerek
Byond: Kerek

Post by Kerek » 04 Jul 2018, 00:27

Hell yeah, +1.

Lumdors a great mod, a great RPer and a great person all around. Fantastic application.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /Heinz.jpg

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 04 Jul 2018, 12:18

Brother you deserve this
+1
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

Casany
Byond: Casany
Steam: Casany

Post by Casany » 04 Jul 2018, 12:29

Lumdor is one of the best guys on these forums

And it's a p good app

+1
"He killed me with a SADAR and it was bullshit. We should ban him for ERP because of how VIOLENTLY HE FUCKED ME" - Biolock, Saturday 15 October 2016

"Sometimes you need to stop and enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things"

"To quote Suits A cop follows a car long enough, he's gonna find a busted tail light. And even if he doesn't, he's gonna bust it himself." - Awan on being an MP

spartanbobby
Byond: spartanbobby

Post by spartanbobby » 04 Jul 2018, 14:59

Good guy, Good RP, Good avatar, Great app
+1
!!! John 'Spartan' Murry Hulij thar'n !!! Pred Council Man

z a n e b o t
Byond: z a n e b o t

Post by z a n e b o t » 04 Jul 2018, 15:06

Big +1

Clutch
Byond: bramb23

Post by Clutch » 08 Jul 2018, 11:25

great rper and definantely a good pick for another pred player
+1
Bwoden Whackers
This is likewise where bramb began saying he lives in albania. They additionally continued pinging me with the albanian banner. They called me female. They called me gay. They said I have down disorder. They called me different names too. Also, bramb said he lives in albania when he professes to live in The Netherlands too. Lying again.

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 08 Jul 2018, 14:31

Lumdor is someone absolutely fun to have around, besides being someone that I would trust the role definitively, as he's a good RPer in my book and a great person overall. The app may not be large in length, but I see quality in the background and in it to the whole. The way of playing indicated is similar to that of a religious, as I and Zahn mostly play, certainly nice. +1

Jezz, you could have improved the formatting, but who am I to say that...

Big, fat +1.
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 08 Jul 2018, 14:40

Ooraah brother!

Nice story and good player!

+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

TheMaskedMan2
Byond: TheMaskedMan2

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 08 Jul 2018, 15:47

Meant to get around to this earlier, but here's my opinion on this.

Which is basically what everyone else already said.

Name is nice and simple, backstory is competent, you're a cool dude.

+1
Certified RP Professional™
Marine: Vera Webb
Synthetic: Sybil
Predator: Vaya'Nylk

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 09 Jul 2018, 04:51

I can honestly say I enjoyed reading that backstory, which is something I can rarely admit to. The rest of the application is good, I particularly approve of the self-sustained RP from praying and believing your families spirits hunt beside you. +1

Fuck anyone who thinks you should use spoiler tags and colours to pretty up your format, I just want to be able to read an application without having to click extra buttons or turn my brightness down.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

Symbiosis
Byond: Symbiosis

Post by Symbiosis » 09 Jul 2018, 08:06

Everyone likes Bob Shoe.

At least everyone worth mentioning.

+1 from me, solid story, use of lore, trustworthy player!
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?”

Thwei Kv’var - Blood Hunter

freemysoul
Byond: freemysoul

Post by freemysoul » 09 Jul 2018, 08:13

I'm going to hold back on voting for awhile since you have just got Trial Admin.

coroneljones

Post by coroneljones » 09 Jul 2018, 08:29

Pretty good backstory, trusted and decent guy.
And the "gimmick" for the character is pretty unique.
+1
I am Crornel Jrones, grorious admin of Coronial Mahreens. U ar arr nast Trorr and will be ding dong bannu. U critizize Xenos? Ding dong Bannu. U no rike grorious adminnu? Ding dong Bannu. U comrpain about Marine nerfs? Dingdong bannu. U comprain about grorrious adminnu? O yoo betta bereev dat's a bannu. It has come to my Grorrious attention dat nasty trorr has been imidatingu me on serveru, dis is a shamfrul dispray and unacceptaboo so dey ding dong bannu. End of Rine -----------------Rine ends here.'
-Credit goes to SovietCyanide
Image Image

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 09 Jul 2018, 14:31

The only bad thing I have to say about this app is the formatting. Aside from that the app is good, Lumdor is good, so heres a +1
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

SagaSword
Byond: Sagasword

Post by SagaSword » 09 Jul 2018, 15:45

Literally who? I feel generous so +1

Make sure boltersam doesn't see ur app
The Greatest Memer of all time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsFV7VGBzI