Predator Application: Ka'tak Val'ar

Contains the details about white-listed characters.
taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Predator Application: Ka'tak Val'ar

Post by taketheshot56 » 26 Jul 2018, 04:36

Byond ID: Taketheshot56

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Patton Moore/Edward

Name of the character you want whitelisted (The name your predator will use. This must match your in-game predator name): Ka'tak Val'ar

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor? I am indeed, i have read it and shall uphold it!

Character background (An ADEQUATE description and story of your predators background): How do you intend to play your predator (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your predator)? Ka'tak will not constantly be hunting to kill. Thats not to say I plan to not hunt, i do indeed and sometimes purely for trophies. But the way Ka'tak hunts is a slow and drawn out method, as evidenced in my background I am going to be the type of predator who crawls around defenses and sneaks into important areas when hunting my target, using my stealth to my advantage. However Ka'tak will also be capturing a lot of live prey. On the predator ship there is so much stuff that goes untouched. The experiment rooms on the ship, surgery room. As Ka'tak I plan to make use of these extensively after capturing live prey. Experimenting with the rooms in the ship, pitting captured marines against each other in the arena for their freedom. And ultimately giving players some memorable experiences that I have had whilst roleplaying with predators. I feel making use of the ship with my live prey will liven things up and give a good change of pace to the usual predator play style. Ka'tak is very curious and tedious in his methods and working slowly with prey to achieve the desired result, whatever Ka'tak deems it to be at the time. Whether is is closely observing the way humans react whilst captured, what they do what they say, how they behave. Or slowly and surely corralling my prey towards me before waiting for the perfect moment to close in for the kill.

Why should we whitelist you? I am a whitelisted CO and synthetic, which shows i can provide the necessary level of roleplay needed to be a predator. I strive hard to add interesting RP to the average round, i am a player who has been around for a long time now and I want to become a predator to add yet another medium from which I can roleplay, the Human Predator RP potential is so large. As synth when i get to RP with predators and have a long interesting time with them it really puts things into perspective and opens the doors for new opportunities for roleplay that Id hope to be able to extend to the average player during a round.

The key here for me is to really use the role to provide a better experience, i want someone to be able to go on discord after the round and talk about the cool time they had roleplaying with the predator, and how interesting it was and how they died or how they won their freedom. Stuff like that really does make peoples days and I hope to be able to do that.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? Nope

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? I am not.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor? I do indeed.
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Re: Predator Application: Ka'tak Val'ar

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 26 Jul 2018, 20:59

Normally I only +1 a predator application if I know the player well. In this case, I know taketheshot can roleplay properly. I like the back story, and I like the idea of a predator trying to make it interesting and using his stealth. I'm tired of the murder boning predators, and the idea of a predator creating his own little ant farm which is what you described with captured humans is pretty good.

+1

frozentsbgg
Byond: frozentsbgg

Post by frozentsbgg » 29 Jul 2018, 21:29

I'd be happy to see taketheshot take on the whitelist.
+1

ThePiachu
Byond: ThePiachu

Post by ThePiachu » 31 Jul 2018, 17:06

The playstyle sounds interesting - I would like to see the Predator ship being used more often as well.

+1
Gaius Caelus

Often playing Researcher, Doctor, or many other ship-side roles
Amadeus the synth
Zig’Reth (The Player of Games)
Mostly droning as Xeno, OFTEN TALKING IN CAPS.

Also, I'm recording!

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 01 Aug 2018, 15:45

Good backstory, active player, known roleplayer, has other whitelist roles, and a unique enough play style.

+1.
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 07 Aug 2018, 03:36

the reason you never see marines up on the predator ship is because last I checked we're not supposed to take slaves/prey up there

and not gonna lie I can't plus one anyone that needs to put their backstory in a google doc, I prefer people that can manage to give me all the necessary information on their predator in a short and concise format

going neutral for the moment

edit: I'm honestly tired of the 'I will hunt stealthily' segment 50% of applicants throw in the first half of their playstyle, just give me the interesting bit and skip the 'I will be a predator' part please.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 07 Aug 2018, 03:43

Karmac wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:36
the reason you never see marines up on the predator ship is because last I checked we're not supposed to take slaves/prey up there

and not gonna lie I can't plus one anyone that needs to put their backstory in a google doc, I prefer people that can manage to give me all the necessary information on their predator in a short and concise format

going neutral for the moment

edit: I'm honestly tired of the 'I will hunt stealthily' segment 50% of applicants throw in the first half of their playstyle, just give me the interesting bit and skip the 'I will be a predator' part please.
Well unfortunately I cant go back and edit the Predator play style to remove pieces of it. If you want me to give you a basic rundown on how I play it is such.

I plan to play predator in the manner that will not revolve around constant hunting, but that of providing an interesting experience for all involved in my interactions.

As for the location of where my backstory is. Sorry it doesn't please you. Thank you for the feedback regardless.

Karmac

Post by Karmac » 07 Aug 2018, 05:21

taketheshot56 wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:43
I plan to play predator in the manner that will not revolve around constant hunting, but that of providing an interesting experience for all involved in my interactions.
don't sweat the google thing that's just me being me, but if you could provide maybe 2 examples as to how you would make your interactions 'interesting', that'd be swell

Back in action.

taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 07 Aug 2018, 05:34

Karmac wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 05:21
don't sweat the google thing that's just me being me, but if you could provide maybe 2 examples as to how you would make your interactions 'interesting', that'd be swell
Well the first one would be not outright killing a high value target or even a low value target as seems to be the norm.

I'd like to try and seperate a marine from the group and interact with them. String them along for a little bit and generally gettning them interested in the roleplay rather than the all too common, wordless Killing and body dragging sprint away we've seen with some predators.

An example of this would be something I saw yesterday on Prison. A predator spent nearly 45 minutes interacting and roleplaying with a marine. Taking him to the lodge and such before ultimately engaging in a duel.

The second one would be to try and simply involve more people. I remember as a marine the predator had us follow him and watch a fight against a xeno before challenging one of us. Again it's the little things that make players go "I enjoyed that. It was quite fun."

Karmac

Post by Karmac » 07 Aug 2018, 05:38

That's nothing incredibly out of the ordinary to be completely honest, but the fact that you appreciate and understand these instances make the game more interesting helps me believe you're up for the job. I'll +1 this.

Back in action.

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 10 Aug 2018, 04:49

High Roleplay, Well Known, Has the other whitelists.

+1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Accinator50

Post by Accinator50 » 11 Aug 2018, 07:48

It would be good to have Predators which doesn't always hunt. It would be great fun , also for those ones you capture /play with, if a Predator would use one of the rooms which weren't used so often/never.
I hope I'll be one of your captured trophy so I'll can get some new experience on this great game.
+1
And I think you are able have preys on the ship because I spectated last week a Predator who made this...
Tobias 'Elder' Haab: XO, SO, CMP, MP, SL, Spec,
Smartgunner, Medic, Engineer,
Marine, Researcher, Pilot,...
(Every role expect Doctor and
CMO)
► Show Spoiler

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 30 Aug 2018, 16:29

-1 because Google docs.

+2 because everything else.

That evens out to a +1, chief.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Jack McIntyre
Donor
Donor

Post by Jack McIntyre » 30 Aug 2018, 16:38

Honestly even the old days we never had someone experiment on the Marines and honestly after watching some of the movies again I feel like the predators wouldn't care for one of their own to want to study prey more intently. Now I don't know if you should need showing a marine your hunting lodge (usually ends with them calling it out and then fighting a marine assualt), but otherwise seems like a interesting pred.

+1 buddy good luck

spartanbobby
Byond: spartanbobby

Post by spartanbobby » 13 Sep 2018, 14:33

+1 Good story, One of those synthetic boys, Pretty ok avatar

Make sure when you bring a marine/xeno up to the ship that you alert the other members of the hunting party just so they're aware and stuff
!!! John 'Spartan' Murry Hulij thar'n !!! Pred Council Man

TheMaskedMan2
Byond: TheMaskedMan2

Post by TheMaskedMan2 » 13 Sep 2018, 14:37

I like it, cool dood. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

+1
Certified RP Professional™
Marine: Vera Webb
Synthetic: Sybil
Predator: Vaya'Nylk

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 13 Sep 2018, 15:54

Okay, I swore I +1'd this a month ago, but I guess not. Either way? You are still a great player and deserve this.

+1
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

Symbiosis
Byond: Symbiosis

Post by Symbiosis » 14 Sep 2018, 13:31

spartanbobby wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 14:33
+1 Good story, One of those synthetic boys, Pretty ok avatar

Make sure when you bring a marine/xeno up to the ship that you alert the other members of the hunting party just so they're aware and stuff
Echoing Bobby on this one! +1 - I look forward to your take on things!
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?”

Thwei Kv’var - Blood Hunter

x31stOverlord
Byond: x31stOverlord

Post by x31stOverlord » 14 Sep 2018, 13:36

I... Was certain I had already commented on this, apparently I did not.

Taketheshot is a good RPer, capable of engaging RP with his characters, level headed enough to not abuse the position of power and so he is getting my thumbs up

+1
Yautja - Zathar-Veraz Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL, SO, XO, Synthetic Unit Joshua Roscoe Barrett - Spec, SGCMP, MP Ancient Empress, Ancient Runner (69)
https://i.imgur.com/8NP5Mbl.png

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 18 Sep 2018, 16:24

First, for some reason I do not know, I had a negative view of this application, but it is more than decent genuinely.

There is nothing to be said that has not already been said. In conclusion, you are a good player, a great synth, an active community participant, in-game as well and in general just a good guy. Honestly, I do not find your quirk too interesting or a peculiar feature, but it does not alter the result I will provide.

Good luck! +1
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 19 Sep 2018, 10:43

Taketheshot has been around now for quite some time. He's quite active on discord and a stand-up guy.

+1 from me.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 29 Sep 2018, 08:31

Good application.

+1

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 29 Sep 2018, 13:28

Massive +1

Great app, great player.
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 29 Sep 2018, 14:13

Resolved - Accepted
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.