Predator Application: Kai' halkrath

Contains the details about white-listed characters.
Jarek
Byond: Jarektheraptor

Predator Application: Kai' halkrath

Post by Jarek » 03 Oct 2018, 15:02

Byond ID:jarektheraptor

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here):
Jordan Cross

Name of the character you want whitelisted (The name your predator will use. This must match your in-game predator name):

Kai' halkrath

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
I've read it enough times that I'm fairly sure I can remember it off by heart by now.

Character background (An ADEQUATE description and story of your predators' background):

A brief summary:
► Show Spoiler
Extended story:
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your predator (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your predator)?

My predator would be careful and methodical with picking his targets to hunt. This would entail observing for the early round, to gauge which side is more worth my attention than the other. Perhaps there is a particularly robust marine wiping the floor with the xenos? Or a particularly robust xenomorph wiping the floor with the marines? Early game, I would be looking for that, especially in the first real xeno/marine skirmishes. From there, it's a matter of hunting the prey designated as worthy and securing a trophy, be it a limb, item, or their head.

Why should we whitelist you?

I understand as a predator, I'm not there to be the big bad guy that goes around stabbing the entire marine force, or hunting down and murdering the entire hive. I'm in my own little bubble for the most part, and while I choose who to hunt, I understand to properly roleplay people need to interact with me just as much as I need to interact with them. I think I can enrich people's experiences on the server in my interactions, and while it may not always go so smoothly and as planned, and things will go wrong and I will be killed or, worse, facehugged, that's all part of the fun and just how my characters story for that round would play out. I don't consider myself a rulebreaker and I don't believe any CM staff have any outlying problems with me as a player. I am aware that my forum activity and discord activity is not exactly sky high, but I feel my in-game activity helps make up for that. If needs be, I can make the effort to be more active on both platforms if it becomes an issue.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? No.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
Nope.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor? Absolutely. Respect the role you took the time to get on the whitelist for or get out.

Addendum:

I'm open to any criticisms anyone might have, I have tried my best to iron out any inconsistencies and errors in the story I have produced, and I have done my best to research everything that was reasonable to look into before making this. That being said, I may still have tripped up somewhere. I don't know what I expect from this application, but clearly I believe in this a little bit if I've bothered to go this far, right?
Survivor/Marine Main Jordan Cross
► Show Spoiler

YourGuts
Byond: SA_Guts

Re: Predator Application: Kai' halkrath

Post by YourGuts » 03 Oct 2018, 15:20

The story seems a little weird to me, like your prose is very plodding, with a few grammar errors, switching between past and present tense from paragraph to paragraph. However, objectively, you only have six forum posts; if you look through denied applicants you can see their renown within the community is a major factor, I don't see you on the Discord either. The format of the application lacks colour coding, which is a minor thing but all in all it still helps.

I'm not sure whether my opinion has any weight, but, you need to spend more time researching what is desired from accepted applicants.

James Booker

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 03 Oct 2018, 15:24

YourGuts wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 15:20
The story seems a little weird to me, like your prose is very plodding, with a few grammar errors, switching between past and present tense from paragraph to paragraph. However, objectively, you only have six forum posts; if you look through denied applicants you can see their renown within the community is a major factor, I don't see you on the Discord either. The format of the application lacks colour coding, which is a minor thing but all in all it still helps.

I'm not sure whether my opinion has any weight, but, you need to spend more time researching what is desired from accepted applicants.

Understandable. I did my best to proofread the entire thing, but my grammar checker was acting up and correcting the entirely wrong things, so I gave up half-way through. The alternative would have looked way worse, which is unfortunate. Always happy to accept criticism!

Edit: And yes I could have done better with the story. It was difficult to find a good starting point, and sifting through most accepted predator applications didn't reveal much without copy-catting people, which I wasn't fond of.
Edit 2: On a second look at it, I'm not sure what you mean by "switching between past and present tense"? The extended story details his beginnings, and then the fateful hunt that made him the predator he is today. The brief summary is a year after that incident. I'm not sure what you mean by switching too much, the story seems fairly easy to follow for me, but then again, I did WRITE it. You'll have to elaborate.
► Show Spoiler

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 03 Oct 2018, 20:10

In my opinion, looking for grammar and spelling errors is just nitpicking. What I want is true effort and passion for an application. I knew you were passionate on this application because I've seen you talking about becoming multiple times on dchat.

The story shows that you placed effort on your app. Even if you're not active on the forums or discord, you're very active ingame and a you're not salty at all, something that is good for such a powerful role.

+1 my dude, I hope you get accepted.
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

YourGuts
Byond: SA_Guts

Post by YourGuts » 03 Oct 2018, 20:21

DriedMilk wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 20:10
In my opinion, looking for grammar and spelling errors is just nitpicking.
The feller said he was open to any criticisms.
James Booker

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 03 Oct 2018, 20:27

DriedMilk wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 20:10
In my opinion, looking for grammar and spelling errors is just nitpicking. What I want is true effort and passion for an application. I knew you were passionate on this application because I've seen you talking about becoming multiple times on dchat.

The story shows that you placed effort on your app. Even if you're not active on the forums or discord, you're very active ingame and a you're not salty at all, something that is good for such a powerful role.

+1 my dude, I hope you get accepted.
I appreciate it! I am aware forum activity may be an issue for some, and though I'm more of a lurker than an active participant when it comes to forums, I can still do my best if it means improving my chances further.
The feller said he was open to any criticisms.
I mean...Yeah....
► Show Spoiler

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 03 Oct 2018, 20:37

He’s very active in game and plays a lot. I would like to see him on discord and forums more, but he plays survivor a lot so he’s a bit of a mad man.

The story was fine, and like gabo said it’s not English 101

I think he could have a shot
+1

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 03 Oct 2018, 22:20

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 20:37
He’s very active in game and plays a lot. I would like to see him on discord and forums more, but he plays survivor a lot so he’s a bit of a mad man.

The story was fine, and like gabo said it’s not English 101

I think he could have a shot
+1
I appreciate it! and Don't forget:

Survivor is the best role and nobody can prove otherwise.
► Show Spoiler

spartanbobby
Byond: spartanbobby

Post by spartanbobby » 04 Oct 2018, 07:44

You're very active in game clearly put a lot of effort into this app but you're not active on the forums or discord, I'd really really like to see you get more active and involved in those areas and if you did I feel I'd be able to give this app my +1 but for now..

I myself don't really like enjoy using the forums all that much and that's why I mention discord. Discord is a rather important place to hang out if you're a predator or any other whitelist it's also just a rather chill place most of the time. like I said I really hope to see you more active and involved on the forums/discord
!!! John 'Spartan' Murry Hulij thar'n !!! Pred Council Man

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 04 Oct 2018, 14:29

spartanbobby wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 07:44
You're very active in game clearly put a lot of effort into this app but you're not active on the forums or discord, I'd really really like to see you get more active and involved in those areas and if you did I feel I'd be able to give this app my +1 but for now..

I myself don't really like enjoy using the forums all that much and that's why I mention discord. Discord is a rather important place to hang out if you're a predator or any other whitelist it's also just a rather chill place most of the time. like I said I really hope to see you more active and involved on the forums/discord
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep this in mind. I'm currently working on my forum activity as best I can without just spamming pointless messages into every single thread that exists to boost post count. I'm not an avid user of discord and most servers I am in are small friend servers, but nontheless if I want this application to succeed first time around, I should and will be making the effort. I'll make a start when I'm free to join the discord, but for the time being I hope forum activity shows my commitment, if not that the amount of time I sink into the server.
► Show Spoiler

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 05 Oct 2018, 21:31

I've known Jarek in game for a while, as I've seen him around. Although I don't have a lot of interactions with him, I can safely say he is competent enough for the role at least. The Application definitely had some good work put into it, too.

I'll give him a +1, I do hope to see him play predator sometime in the future.
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

Loco52
Byond: Loco52

Post by Loco52 » 05 Oct 2018, 22:45

I wish this doesn't backfire to me the day I post a pred app but, dude, I honestly felt the story was written by a 10 years old trying to explain what their imaginary friend looks like and does

Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

"Push you pussi- HELP ME PLEASE"

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 06 Oct 2018, 11:44

Loco52 wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 22:45
I wish this doesn't backfire to me the day I post a pred app but, dude, I honestly felt the story was written by a 10 years old trying to explain what their imaginary friend looks like and does
I don't personally see the "10 year old imaginary friend front" you're coming from, it could just be my particular style of writing, but I'll look into it for the future. There's no sense throwing away a chance to improve, after all.
► Show Spoiler

NicoDeimos
Byond: NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos » 06 Oct 2018, 16:00

Predator players are allegedly held to a higher standard of roleplay. I've seen you mention and it's even noted in your forum signature that you main survivor, which is also a role that tends to be heavily roleplay centric. Yet as a survivor you almost invariably stay planetside to kill xenos and I have seen at least one instance where you bragged about how much better at killing xenos you were than marines. When asked why you always stay planetside as a survivor I believe your response was because shipside is boring. My concern here is that getting good RP tends to require patience, for which you show a distinct lack of considering how you've bragged about and how often you play a combat survivor. The Almayer crew isn't likely to roll out the red carpet for you and give you their undivided attention every single round. Depending on their own circumstances they may not be able to keeping in mind that they are players too who have responsibilities for their own roles to deal with.
Another aspect of roleplaying as I, being a non-predator player, have at least witnessed by observing predators is sometimes you just have to make the fun yourself. Roleplay even when others aren't around, commit to playing the role despite the apparent lack of an "audience" so to speak. After all, if you can't have fun playing with yourself how might others be able to have fun playing with you? ;)

Another issue I have is from my one major interaction with you. You, as a combat survivor, chased a xeno into a firing line and promptly ate a burst of rifle fire. Your response to this incident was to turn around and fire on the offending marine. Responding to friendly fire by committing more friendly fire is already a big no-no and considered grief, and while survivors are generally ok to act antagonistic toward marines from the get go it was my understanding that you initially acted friendly toward marines and were helping them kill xenos. As such if your shots did hit that would have also been inappropriate self-antaging. This shows a possible issue with self control, which would be important for a predator I would imagine as they have the tools to remove people from rounds. No need to skin PFC Baldie just because a few stray rifle bullets hit you instead of the runner zooming around nearby.

In short you want criticism so here it is: work on tempering your patience as roleplay opportunities aren't just going to happen, and try to maintain self control if you do happen to get whitelisted because the power you'd wield could ruin a lot of people's rounds if mishandled. I'll stay neutral for future interactions.

Edit: Switching to -1. Reply was unsatisfactory (due to content not length, though consider keeping your thoughts concise). I continue to see you bragging about how good you are at killing xenos as a survivor OOC. As you mentioned "someone will probably think this is advertising", yes I do believe telling people to comment on your app would count as advertising regardless that they were the ones that brought it up first. Call me a stickler about it, but the criticism you received outside of the app was perfectly valid and you obviously read it. Telling them to repost it here is entirely redundant except for padding out feedback.
Last edited by NicoDeimos on 10 Oct 2018, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 06 Oct 2018, 16:21

NicoDeimos wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 16:00
Predator players are allegedly held to a higher standard of roleplay. I've seen you mention and it's even noted in your forum signature that you main survivor, which is also a role that tends to be heavily roleplay centric. Yet as a survivor you almost invariably stay planetside to kill xenos and I have seen at least one instance where you bragged about how much better at killing xenos you were than marines. When asked why you always stay planetside as a survivor I believe your response was because shipside is boring. My concern here is that getting good RP tends to require patience, for which you show a distinct lack of considering how you've bragged about and how often you play a combat survivor. The Almayer crew isn't likely to roll out the red carpet for you and give you their undivided attention every single round. Depending on their own circumstances they may not be able to keeping in mind that they are players too who have responsibilities for their own roles to deal with.
Another aspect of roleplaying as I, being a non-predator player, have at least witnessed by observing predators is sometimes you just have to make the fun yourself. Roleplay even when others aren't around, commit to playing the role despite the apparent lack of an "audience" so to speak. After all, if you can't have fun playing with yourself how might others be able to have fun playing with you? ;)

Another issue I have is from my one major interaction with you. You, as a combat survivor, chased a xeno into a firing line and promptly ate a burst of rifle fire. Your response to this incident was to turn around and fire on the offending marine. Responding to friendly fire by committing more friendly fire is already a big no-no and considered grief, and while survivors are generally ok to act antagonistic toward marines from the get go it was my understanding that you initially acted friendly toward marines and were helping them kill xenos. As such if your shots did hit that would have also been inappropriate self-antaging. This shows a possible issue with self control, which would be important for a predator I would imagine as they have the tools to remove people from rounds. No need to skin PFC Baldie just because a few stray rifle bullets hit you instead of the runner zooming around nearby.

In short you want criticism so here it is: work on tempering your patience as roleplay opportunities aren't just going to happen, and try to maintain self control if you do happen to get whitelisted because the power you'd wield could ruin a lot of people's rounds if mishandled. I'll stay neutral for future interactions.
I'll break this down and explain it the best I can, and allow you to pass further judgment based on my reply.

I stay planet-side to kill xenomorphs on occasion because of various reasons. Sometimes, my survivor story hints that "some friend of yours" was captured, or some other survivor who I never ran into is still around. This is the least common reason, but I've done it once or twice. Other times, I'm just a survivor that makes sense for that to be how things go. Colonial marshal, or security survivor for prison feels like it shouldn't just run away from conflict and ask scared, and I like to act like my character would rather not escape and save himself, but try, sometimes fruitlessly, to fend off the xenomorph horde with the people that just saved their life. The final reason is typically because the role I have is not particularly interesting in any way AND there are other survivors, AND I have already secured a kill on a xenomorph or two. The reason why I stick around for xeno kills is described below***.I mean Interesting in the sense that they don't have much to offer in terms of roleplay and are really just..there. Botanist, Assistant, Salesman are some examples. I guess you could say this shows I don't have the capacity to be creative and come up with a good story for my survivor, and I am aware I can tell the marines whatever I want and make myself a badass if I felt like it, but I like to stick to the job I'm given as a survivor, since it helps the roleplay rather than making stuff up and then going "oh yeah I'm actually an atmos tech, but I can't do anything an atmos tech can haha whoops.", but personally these roles don't offer much in the way of a proper backstory to go off of. What can I do with Salesman? I was out selling something, and then the xenomorphs showed up. Compare this to scientist, another survivor role, where I can roleplay all sorts of things and perhaps even delve into knowing about the xenomorphs before the colony went to shit. Again, you could say this means I'm not creative enough, but it's hard to come up with something good that doesn't sound rediculous or like a joke when you're talking about some roles. I mean have you seen civillian on big red? Dressed in pajamas? There's nothing! There is also the slightly meta reason that survivors are very effective support units. They have engineering skills and medical skills that allow them to build metal barricades and open pill bottles. I like to use these skills on occasion rather than wasting them going up (When there are other survivors who can fill in for me) and help the marines out, and roleplay from that angle. It's nice to give the marines some action for roleplay over the almayer roles sometimes, especially when I have other survivor pals who are willing to do that already. For roles, even like salesman, I can give some backstory and insight on Why this random salesman is more medically trained than a marine PFC.

***I brag about kills I get mainly IC'ly because almost all survivor roles are civillians, survivors of a xenomorph infestation and almost victims themselves. Murdering xenomorphs IC'ly is something close to getting revenge, in my opinion. Also considering how hard the xenomorphs try to kill you and how well prepared you know they are, managing to take one out is just good. I understand some people have problems with this but it's hard to roleplay being a scared survivor with no options left when the thing you were supposed to be scared and terrified of just figuratively killed itself and was slaughtered by you. It just doesn't work for me. I wouldn't be terrified of something if I was able to effectively kill it when it was trying it's best to kill me. Yes, it killed an entire colony, but that was BEFORE these marines showed up well armed. Maybe I might be able to do something with people of my (IC'ly percieved) amazing skills! I typically end this nonsense when I eat an injury, and don't go back down after I do this and go up. I might be the badass lizard killer, but I'm not getting shot!***
OOC'ly, It's because killing anything as a survivor is pretty damn satisfying and I like to bring it up sometimes, considering how strong xenomorphs are right now, and how under-geared survivors are. If that's a problem, I don't mind toning it down. My response did include that shipside survivor can be boring, but I didn't intend it in the way that "going up, explaining what happened and then bumbling around is SO boring!" but in the way that going up and then having nothing to do because nobody wants to hear your story is pretty boring. I understand, as you say, people are not going to be ready to roll out the red carpet for me, but you have to understand the rounds can last for as long as two hours. Going up on the almayer, just to be forgotten about without even an ID, for two hours, is not very fun, and when that happens, you typically find nobody wants to roleplay either. Roleplaying with myself only works so far, after all. Other survivors do help in the event there are no people ready to recieve us, but that can only go so far.

I can't remember that one situation from any other one, honestly, but I can tell you I most likely did not intend to shoot at the marine. Most of the time, I'm armed with the gun I secured during my time actually surviving, and that tends to be a buckshot shotgun. I am not going to be stupid enough to point blank buckshot shotgun a marine because they shot me in the face. I'd punch them, as I sometimes do, but I'm not going to murder them because of it. That's not fair. I think this incident was an accident on my part as a misclick, that, or I shot at them knowing I was well out of range of the buckshot actually being able to physically hit them because I know the shot stops existing outside of 4-5 tiles. You seem to be reading it as a lack of self-control. I've never bothered to take anything but a shotgun as a survivor simply because of how poor their gun aim is so the weapon could not have been anything but a shotgun. I do roleplay being angry at taking bullets, obviously. I HAVE been shot, my fault or not. I might have been a dumbass, or the person who shot me might have been, but either way I'm IC'ly blaming it on them because that's what I think someone who was shot would do, especailly by some "trained marines" who they don't know.

Lastly, I think I missed this in the points above but I don't brag about "how often I play combat survivor". I brag about how often I play and survive as survivor. These are two entirely different things. I never mention what I do outside of surviving, but I have good stories from both going up and getting evacuated, and from staying groundside to assist marines.

Overall, I can see some of your points. You don't like how I prefer to stay groundside as a survivor and consider me inpatient, and lacking in self control, and I have provided my counter-arguments for these reasons. If you want a TL;DR I'll give you one on request, but I feel if you're going to judge me and my actions, you should make the effort of reading through my entire reasoning instead of a lazily condensed TL;DR (Though no offense if you genuinely don't have the time/don't want to actually make the effort, I understand this is a GIANT wall of text)
► Show Spoiler

Drownie
Byond: Drownie

Post by Drownie » 06 Oct 2018, 17:17

Jesus Cristo people, limit your TL;DRs please.

I've encountered them a few times ICLY so I don't think I can judge how them plays.
Their forum activity is tiny but I think them can work that out easily. Their story is big enough to know some effort has put and lack details enough to doubt a bit - I don't care if your English is bad if you give 100% of yourself on it.

I don't see major flaws on the app nor huge problems on their acting ICly or OOCly, we have to understand that even if them joins Pred they still can be judged if their activity becomes 0.
+1
[Sarah 'Menace' Dennis] The shame of USCM
► Show Spoiler

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Oct 2018, 17:47

Drownie wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 17:17
Jesus Cristo people, limit your TL;DRs please.

I've encountered them a few times ICLY so I don't think I can judge how them plays.
Their forum activity is tiny but I think them can work that out easily. Their story is big enough to know some effort has put and lack details enough to doubt a bit - I don't care if your English is bad if you give 100% of yourself on it.

I don't see major flaws on the app nor huge problems on their acting ICly or OOCly, we have to understand that even if them joins Pred they still can be judged if their activity becomes 0.
+1
Basically what Drownie said. I think you have what it takes, and I honestly wouldn’t mind hunting alongside you. That, and you seem to really want the role, given the effort you put in,and the interest you had when we talked about it im dchat.

It’s not my choice to make, but I say you’re worthy of Breadator, so here’s my +1. Use it wisely my guy and I really do hope to see you during the hunt.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

Sora9567
Byond: Sora9567

Post by Sora9567 » 06 Oct 2018, 20:32

Well, just giving my two cents here, from seeing how you interact IC and OOC, I think you can handle the responsibility of being a Predator. From what I can tell, he's made an effort to be active on the Discord/ forums of late, so he's making an effort to improve activity. My vote's a +1.
Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 08 Oct 2018, 02:06

To be honest, the story was not bad, though my story was not the best, so I'm not gonna comment really on that.

I know who you are in-game, but not much else from that.

Also if you're predator whitelisted how you play is gonna change quite a lot.

But I'll ask you a simple question. What would you do if you find out if predator gear was taken up to the Almayer?
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 08 Oct 2018, 11:57

Lumdor wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 02:06
To be honest, the story was not bad, though my story was not the best, so I'm not gonna comment really on that.

I know who you are in-game, but not much else from that.

Also if you're predator whitelisted how you play is gonna change quite a lot.

But I'll ask you a simple question. What would you do if you find out if predator gear was taken up to the Almayer?
Oh boy that's a good question! I haven't had much experience observing predators IC'ly handing this situation themselves, but I've done some homework and I think I can come up with an acceptable response.

Seeing how predator gear being stolen is a major problem and a matter of great importance IC'ly, I'd be making my way to the almayer as quickly as possible, to rectify the problem as fast as possible, which means dropping everything I'm currently doing.

Sticking with my predator playstyle (and typically how I think it would be the best way to go about this problem) I'd avoid revealing myself and alerting the entire crew to my existence, instead lurking around trying to pick up snippets of conversation to where the gear might be, and who might be wearing it. Gaining knowledge and an idea of the situation. Is the gear being researched as we speak? Is a marine parading around with it showing off? Things like that. Anyone who is wearing any of the gear is, as far as the honor code goes, dead meat, and will be dealt with. The overall goal is to try and stay as quiet as possible and minimize casualties. As I understand it, (though I could be wrong) predators are allowed to kill anyone that stands in their way in the pursuit to secure stolen gear, but I would prefer to avoid that if necessary, since nobody likes eating a plasma caster to the face because they were in the wrong place wrong time and one of the marines had killed a predator that round. That being said, sometimes it's unavoidable.

Usually with lost pred gear comes the body, and I'd secure the body as well. Depending on how things have gone, SD'ing the body with its bracer someplace where collateral damage won't be too bad, like maintenance, or securing the body on the pred ship and putting it in the predator sarcophagus would work just fine. After all is said and done, the situation is resolved, and the hunt can continue.
► Show Spoiler

Awesomesauce935
Byond: Awesomesauce935
Steam: awesomesauce935

Post by Awesomesauce935 » 08 Oct 2018, 16:55

Jarek wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 11:57
Oh boy that's a good question! I haven't had much experience observing predators IC'ly handing this situation themselves, but I've done some homework and I think I can come up with an acceptable response.

Seeing how predator gear being stolen is a major problem and a matter of great importance IC'ly, I'd be making my way to the almayer as quickly as possible, to rectify the problem as fast as possible, which means dropping everything I'm currently doing.

Sticking with my predator playstyle (and typically how I think it would be the best way to go about this problem) I'd avoid revealing myself and alerting the entire crew to my existence, instead lurking around trying to pick up snippets of conversation to where the gear might be, and who might be wearing it. Gaining knowledge and an idea of the situation. Is the gear being researched as we speak? Is a marine parading around with it showing off? Things like that. Anyone who is wearing any of the gear is, as far as the honor code goes, dead meat, and will be dealt with. The overall goal is to try and stay as quiet as possible and minimize casualties. As I understand it, (though I could be wrong) predators are allowed to kill anyone that stands in their way in the pursuit to secure stolen gear, but I would prefer to avoid that if necessary, since nobody likes eating a plasma caster to the face because they were in the wrong place wrong time and one of the marines had killed a predator that round. That being said, sometimes it's unavoidable.

Usually with lost pred gear comes the body, and I'd secure the body as well. Depending on how things have gone, SD'ing the body with its bracer someplace where collateral damage won't be too bad, like maintenance, or securing the body on the pred ship and putting it in the predator sarcophagus would work just fine. After all is said and done, the situation is resolved, and the hunt can continue.
sounds about right to me, good judgement, although i wouldn't want to pop the wristband on almayer, maybe if you could get it in like the tank bay area or gib the body with a dropship that'd be good, but the idea of in maint is sound as well. 1+
Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.

LIZARD PANIC!

Exodus
Byond: Tando_Oddball

Post by Exodus » 10 Oct 2018, 08:09

I've only had positive experiences with Jarek. I've been able to interact with him both while he was a friendly Survivor onboard the vessel, and as an antagonistic one on the ship, and both times he's performed admirably. The fact that I've been able to see how he prefers to go about things as an antagonist, choosing to actually roleplay things out instead of mowing down random people is notable, and I can certainly appreciate that.

I will admit I don't see you particularly often on either the forums or the Discord, but I have gotten to chat with you a few times, and you've been altogether pleasant in the past to deal with. I also enjoy in your App that you wrote about how even if negative things occur to you during a round, it just becomes part of your character's story, which is something with which I highly agree.

Big +1 from me.
Hiya. I'm the player for Axel "Jackal" Freund, Battlefield Scavenger and War Hero extraordinaire. I also play Alexander, the sycophantic mimic Synthetic.

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 10 Oct 2018, 13:20

The +1's are appreciated! Always happy to accept more feedback, positive or negative, so I can improve and learn what is and isn't good to keep around.
► Show Spoiler

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 10 Oct 2018, 13:49

Jarek wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 13:20
The +1's are appreciated! Always happy to accept more feedback, positive or negative, so I can improve and learn what is and isn't good to keep around.
Although I gave you a plus one, just wanted to say that Jordan takes the survivor roleplay seriously. The other night while I was a predator I witnessed him kill a xeno by himself while defending a makeshift fort with other survivors. I decided to decloak and RP with him. Instead of opening up on me instantly, he did RP with me. We spoke about how I was impressed with his hunting skills. Eventually the RP shifted that Jordan wanted revenge on the xenos and wanted to hunt with me as an equal and he went with it well.

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 11 Oct 2018, 14:20

Hah! I remember that one. It was quite a fun experience. Never had the chance to RP with a predator before as a survivor and I'm glad I managed to have the opportunity to give it a shot. Makes me wish more predators engaged with survivors more often, honestly, but I'm not complaining. There's probably a good reason the preds aren't all rushing to find the survivors every round.
► Show Spoiler