Ha'ju Vagear - Predator Application

Contains the details about white-listed characters.
Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Ha'ju Vagear - Predator Application

Post by Survivor » 18 Nov 2018, 04:09

Byond ID:

Dr. Lance

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here):

Pierce Jackson

Name of the character you want whitelisted (The name your predator will use. This must match your in-game predator name):

Ha'ju Vagear

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?

I have read over the code many times, even before I planned to apply for predator.

Character background (An ADEQUATE description and story of your predators background):
► Show Spoiler

How do you intend to play your predator (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your predator)?

As a Yautja, I plan to have my character be a sort of "Trapper". I will rig bodies of fallen enemies with hunting traps to lure in more prey for the hunt. If I find them worthy, I will take them to a better location to duel. If they don't prove worthy, I will release them. I plan on giving mercy to the weaker opponents, and only taking the lives of those I found to be the most honorable.

I don't plan on using the stronger weaponry in the Yautja arsenal, as it makes the hunt feel more pure. It also makes dueling more fun for both sides, and at least gives my opponents a chance.

Why should we whitelist you?

During my time of CM, I've had a non stop blast. I made a reputation and name for the game, before I started playing as a leader. People liked me and I liked it Eventually I applied for Commander, and it quickly became my favorite role. A few months later, Synth. The reasons for those were to make other player's rounds better, and I still have not changed my ideologies. I understand predators rounds can be very impactful for other people If they are played right. Not only have I proved that I can handle the High Roleplay roles, but I've also made it clear that I don't go back on my word. I'm glad I have the chance to be a part of this community, and would be happy to have a shot at Yautja.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?

I have not been banned within the last month of CM.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?

I am not banned off any other servers to my knowledge, as I only play CM.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?

I understand these terms.
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Re: Ha'ju Vagear - Predator Application

Post by taketheshot56 » 18 Nov 2018, 04:25

Great backstory, great note history.

CO councilman,

whitelisted synth.

I could go on but i think its safe to say this is a +1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 18 Nov 2018, 04:34

taketheshot56 wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 04:25
Great backstory, great note history.

CO councilman,

whitelisted synth.

I could go on but i think its safe to say this is a +1
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

Audi_Gzz
Byond: Audi_Gzz

Post by Audi_Gzz » 18 Nov 2018, 05:59

Story is kind of generic and so is the playstyle, however I can't really blame the dude just due to the fact about 80 percent of the yautja apps are something like this and they've been accepted. The player is a ok guy and he's got both whitelists so I'm positive he can stay up to par with the HRP thats expected from being whitelisted as a predator. However I wish you made the story a tiny bit more focused on how your predator acts and such. I''ll remain neutral for now. Hopefully they can explain more of in depth description and such of their character with like a paragraph or two at the very least.
A council member of the Minority Delegation of CM SS13 alongside Bancrose and Mook.

Vitoras
Byond: vitoras

Post by Vitoras » 18 Nov 2018, 06:04

There is at least one problem: ANYONE with a hunting trap on leg is the easiest target possible ever. Hunting on a big group is also a big meh, really. You are a good player tho, so I will remain neutral for now.
Last edited by Vitoras on 18 Nov 2018, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Audi_Gzz

Post by Audi_Gzz » 18 Nov 2018, 06:07

Vitoras wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 06:04
There is at least one problem: ANYONE with a hunting trap on leg is the easiest target possible ever. Hunting on a big group is also a big meh, really. You are a good player tho, so I will remain neutral for now.
I'm pretty sure he said he'll release the ones who he thinks aren't worthy. I'm also fairly certain he won't duel someone with a hunting trap on them it would be just common sense.
A council member of the Minority Delegation of CM SS13 alongside Bancrose and Mook.

Vitoras
Byond: vitoras

Post by Vitoras » 18 Nov 2018, 06:08

Audi wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 06:07
I'm pretty sure he said he'll release the ones who he thinks aren't worthy. I'm also fairly certain he won't duel someone with a hunting trap on them it would be just common sense.
Duel and Hunting is pretty much different tho. I am not sure if hunting traps are allowed to use to someone else than dishonorable prey cause they are pretty much OP.

Survivor

Post by Survivor » 18 Nov 2018, 06:10

Audi wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 05:59
Story is kind of generic and so is the playstyle, however I can't really blame the dude just due to the fact about 80 percent of the yautja apps are something like this and they've been accepted. The player is a ok guy and he's got both whitelists so I'm positive he can stay up to par with the HRP thats expected from being whitelisted as a predator. However I wish you made the story a tiny bit more focused on how your predator acts and such. I''ll remain neutral for now. Hopefully they can explain more of in depth description and such of their character with like a paragraph or two at the very least.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! As you said, the predator playstyle is a little generic, as is with most. I tried to make mine somewhat unique, however most quirks have been done before. I personally did mine based on traps because it felt a little more realilistic to the hunt, rather than just walking around and finding a marine with a machete. Actually luring and catching your prey sounds and hopfully plays out more fun.

As for my predator's personality, I tried to make it a little more clear in the application but overall it was a little hard with the direction I took the story. I wanted to make my story about the hunt itself to make it more interesting to read, rather than a clan talking about their hunt and then a single paragraph with the actual hunting. My predator is focused, yet cocky during his hunts. A control freak, if you will. Hence the traps and such. In the story, this backfires and he loses a mandible.

Thanks for putting out your concern. If you have any other questions, please ask. I'm all ears.

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

Survivor

Post by Survivor » 18 Nov 2018, 06:12

Vitoras wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 06:04
Two things. I'm obviously going to take off a hunting trap before I duel someone. I'm also hunting lone marines that decide to run off away from their squads. Hence the story, I waited for the lone marine CLF Insurgent to walk off into the night.

Thanks for your feedback. If you have anything else you'd like to say, please ask. I'm all ears.

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Audi_Gzz

Post by Audi_Gzz » 18 Nov 2018, 06:15

Survivor wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 06:10
Hey, thanks for the feedback! As you said, the predator playstyle is a little generic, as is with most. I tried to make mine somewhat unique, however most quirks have been done before. I personally did mine based on traps because it felt a little more realilistic to the hunt, rather than just walking around and finding a marine with a machete. Actually luring and catching your prey sounds and hopfully plays out more fun.

As for my predator's personality, I tried to make it a little more clear in the application but overall it was a little hard with the direction I took the story. I wanted to make my story about the hunt itself to make it more interesting to read, rather than a clan talking about their hunt and then a single paragraph with the actual hunting. My predator is focused, yet cocky during his hunts. A control freak, if you will. Hence the traps and such. In the story, this backfires and he loses a mandible.

Thanks for putting out your concern. If you have any other questions, please ask. I'm all ears.
Fair enough, I'll be switching to a 1+. Forgot in my intial post I liked the fact that your predator was able to become permanently scarred from a hunt and not just be a predator who has never obtained battle scars despite being on hunts and shit. Its nice to see a pred click clackin with three mandibles.

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 18 Nov 2018, 06:18

As a sidenote for any concerned, while they’re considered borderline OP at the moment, they are not dishonorable per se to capture prey with, and are most likely to be reworked soon.

That, and there are other tools as well to capture prey with such as the Stunprod preds have if that helps.

Just thought i’d add that. I will comment with my response on this tomorrow though, as I am sleepy as all get out right now.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

Survivor

Post by Survivor » 18 Nov 2018, 06:42

I doubt this needs to be said, but just incase.

I will obviously not try and sway the round. I plan on focusing lone and uninfluential marines in the round. I'm also not using traps as an offensive weapon, but rather a tool to capture prey for a better duel. If they don't want to fight, I will see this as cowardly, and let them free. I don't want to force RP/combat onto someone who doesn't want to.

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Vampmare
Byond: Vampmare

Post by Vampmare » 18 Nov 2018, 14:17

Good story, I enjoyed it and it showed somewhat how you intend to play your predator.

I've seen Pierce a lot in game and he knows his way around RP, that is for sure. There really isn't much to say about the application. It is overall fine.

I'm sure Survivor will do his best to make the round more enjoyable for others, so this is an easy +1.
I have a few whitelists and a few characters...

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 18 Nov 2018, 15:51

Focusing the majority of the backstory on the hunt instead of your predator does make it an interesting read, but this also meant you added at least two paragraphs of fighting with only one meaningful action hidden within it; the injury you sustained for 'being cocky'. It's all well and good to show off your ability to write via a lengthy and detailed fight scene, but that's not really meant to be the main focus of backstories.

All in all there isn't anything I can really appreciate in the application, but there isn't really anything wrong with it either. +1.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

Drownie
Byond: Drownie

Post by Drownie » 18 Nov 2018, 16:18

Lance is one of the bests RP capable players we have, he's probably the best CO I've ever seen and such a great guy OOCly.
Although the story has common flaws such as actions a Pred shouldn't often do (using traps regularly on battle) or simply as genericity of the story it doesn't make it bad nor give me any concern.

Saying this, he's more than capable of becoming a Pred +1.
[Sarah 'Menace' Dennis] The shame of USCM
► Show Spoiler

Survivor

Post by Survivor » 18 Nov 2018, 18:57

Vampmare wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 14:17
Karmac wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 15:51
Drownie wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 16:18
Thank you all for the positive responses!

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Exodus
Byond: Tando_Oddball

Post by Exodus » 18 Nov 2018, 20:51

Really excellent player and roleplayer. He's very active in the game and in the community, and has always been pleasant in my experiences with him. He's also showcased his responsibility numerous times, and I don't doubt that he'd be able to maintain that same level of responsibility in a Predator role.

I've always had a soft-spot for Trappers too. :)

+1
Hiya. I'm the player for Axel "Jackal" Freund, Battlefield Scavenger and War Hero extraordinaire. I also play Alexander, the sycophantic mimic Synthetic.

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 19 Nov 2018, 01:44

Exodus wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 20:51
I've always had a soft-spot for Trappers too. :)

+1
S-Scheisse
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 20 Nov 2018, 13:00

Good backstory, generic playstyle. I'll give you a chance.

+1

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 20 Nov 2018, 13:14

Imperator_Titan wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 13:00

+1
What he said
+1

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 20 Nov 2018, 13:59

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 13:14
What he said
+1
What he said about what he said
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

420MYK
Byond: 420M.Y.K

Post by 420MYK » 20 Nov 2018, 18:02

Please. +1
Noxus Poppy is bae.

In game character name:Alice 'Snow' Falkner. Lar'ja H'chak

I may do stupid shit sometimes, but were marines its what we do. Always saving, rarely saved. Piss lead and blow shit up until you die. Rinse and repeat.

spartanbobby
Byond: spartanbobby

Post by spartanbobby » 22 Nov 2018, 20:55

Imperator_Titan wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 13:00

+1
ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 13:14

What he said
+1
ghostdex wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 13:59

What he said about what he said
What they said about what he said
!!! John 'Spartan' Murry Hulij thar'n !!! Pred Council Man

Survivor

Post by Survivor » 22 Nov 2018, 21:53

Quoting all of these is kind of hard considering they all say the same things with the same quotes, so I'll just say thank you for saying what he said about what he said about me.

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 24 Nov 2018, 21:31

Accepted
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.