[PO Guide] Smashing that motherfucking lockdown button

Ultimate badasses.
Bronimin

[PO Guide] Smashing that motherfucking lockdown button

Post by Bronimin » 19 Apr 2018, 08:45

Or: How to never ever be boarded by a hostile force and maintain the sanctity of your beloved dropship for all eternity.

PART 1: YOUR TOOLS
There are TWO key pieces of equipment that you will need to master if you ever want to SMASH THAT LOCKDOWN BUTTON:
1) Alamo Flight Console
From here, you have FOUR BUTTONS that we are concerned with: TOGGLE RIGHT HATCHES/ TOGGLE LEFT HATCHES/ TOGGLE REAR HATCHES/ LOCKDOWN and RELEASE. The TOGGLE HATCHES buttons will drop and raise the shutters of each side, the LOCKDOWN button will CLOSE and then LOCK EACH shutter on your dropship provided that no one is standing in them. The RELEASE button unlocks all doors on your ship (you'll never press it because you READ THIS GUIDE but your copilot might). THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON HAS NO COOLDOWN AND CAN BE MASHED AS FAST AS YOU CAN CLICK WITH NO DOWNSIDES.

All hail the Lockdown button.

2) Alamo Camera Console
From here, you can view cameras in the rear compartment of the Alamo, meaning that you NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE THE RANGE OF THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON AND YOU CAN BE READY TO SMASH IT AT ALL TIMES. Also important to know is that by installing TURRETS in the DOOR SLOTS on your dropship, you can VIEW THE CAMERAS inside the TURRETS WITHOUT DEPLOYING THEM (so that they cannot be memed by runners and hunters), giving you a view of marines WAITING OUTSIDE YOUR LOCKED DOWN DROPSHIP so that you can open the door on their side, let them in and then SMASH THAT LOCKDOWN BUTTON to close the door behind them. You will want to do this.

PART 2: THE METHOD
0) In the Hangar
You will want to take at minimum: One floodlight and one door turret. Don't bother with the M56D don't bother with more door turrets. You only need the one.
Install the door turret so that it faces the direction that marines will disembark. YOU WILL NEVER DEPLOY THIS DOOR TURRET UNLESS ALL HOPE IS LOST AND THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON HAS STOPPED WORKING. This is your door camera.

1) En Route to the Landing Zone/ PRE-PREP
You will want to sit in the LEFT chair in the cockpit, open the flight console and then the camera console and shift to ALAMO CAMERA 1 so that you know when the marines have all disembarked.
When you hear the noise of the Alamo landing, begin mashing the lockdown button as hard as you can. This will ensure that there is not even a millisecond in which the doors are unlocked and vulnerable.

2) Landed at the LZ
Upon landing, toggle the hatches on the one side that has the turret installed. Marines will be confused, they will cry and ask you to unlock the doors. They will figure out eventually that they can get off on one side, don't listen to them. Your safety is paramount. Wait until all marines have unloaded then switch to the door camera. Wait until all marines immediately outside have loaded on and then SMASH that lockdown as soon as they are through the threshold (no need to wait for the door to close by itself). If any marines approach the dropship door, unlock it then SMASH THE LOCKDOWN as soon as they are inside. Make sure survivors are thoroughly disarmed before boarding your ship in case they go nuts and try to attack you.

And there you have it. No more meme hunters sneaking on on first drop and completely destroying command. You barely have to leave your cockpit and in fact you barely have to touch your movement controls at all. You have no attachments except for your turret which can't be slashed as long as you keep it undeployed and the spotlight which you don't care about too much and you have plenty of replacement for each anyway.

You are safe.

3) OH SHIT WHAT DO I DO THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON ISN'T WORKING THERE IS AN ALIEN QUEEN OUTSIDE CHEWING ON MARINE SKULLS WHAT DO I DOO
Deploy your rinky dink turret and hope that buys enough time for the engines to recharge.
Last edited by Bronimin on 19 Apr 2018, 08:54, edited 4 times in total.

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Re: [PO Guide] Smashing that motherfucking lockdown button

Post by Sleepy Retard » 19 Apr 2018, 08:47

literally this simple fellas

doesn't even need to be this long

lock doors when not using them
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

edda
Byond: Edda

Post by edda » 19 Apr 2018, 16:36

"Uh, you literally don't know how this works." - New POs probably
Finnian Cottier

Weaselburg
Byond: Weaselburg

Post by Weaselburg » 19 Apr 2018, 16:42

I use two turrets. One for each door. Otherwise spot on.
Hivemind, Elite Runner (320) (follow) hisses, 'SORRY I STEPPED ON THE BUTTON MA.
Kaptin Morgan: we must unite to collect the shattered pieces of the tribes code that are spread among the 16 feweh alts
Hivemind, Mature Crusher (21) hisses, 'I CAN MEME AGAIN'
You know, it really surprised me when IKEA bought Disney.- The biggest surprise was KFC buying IBM, to be honest
Philby0 wrote: They're so white they can colonise anything at will
PFC Rex Lombardi shouts, "Boys if you jump out of the dropship you are guarenteed a pass into the paratroopers regiment!"
OOC: Jakkkk: weaselburg got t o u c h e d
OOC: Driecg36: a sentient demon had taken residence in shutte code
OOC: Daswurmtmich: GIBING WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

LordBanshee
Byond: LordBanshee

Post by LordBanshee » 19 Apr 2018, 16:42

Good guide, but I figured it was pretty straight forward. Deny points of entry that don't need to be open. Not every muhreen is tacticool though.
Xavier 'Tag' Hart - Tag and Bag!

Artemis111
Byond: Artemis111

Post by Artemis111 » 19 Apr 2018, 17:41

UNGA LET ME OUUUUUTTTTTTT
I play as Artemis Borovetski.
Charlie squad best squad.

Gnorse
Byond: Gnorse
Steam: Gnorse2

Post by Gnorse » 19 Apr 2018, 17:44

Just make sure you have your 88-Mod ready. Plenty of Ungas with an IQ in the single digits are going to fuck with you for locking their doors.
-local suicidal delta PFC. No, not murry, the other one- : Oussama 'DOA' Neghiz
Please don't follow me if you don't want to die
Occasional commander, Part-time smartgunner and Full-time PFC.

Image (Huge thanks to Okand37 for making this cute boi !)