The current council members of term 1 are:
Bancrose - Heinz Meuller
Taketheshot56 - Patton Moore
Lumdor - Bob Shoe
Dr. Lance - Pierce Jackson
Frans_Feiffer - Frans Feiffer
What is the Commander Council?
The Commander Council, also referred to as the CO Council, are commander whitelisted players who desire to help improve, expand, and regulate the Commander whitelist. These council members are often active commander players and share a common desire to help improve the role to the best of their abilities.
How do I join the Commander Council?
All members of the Commander Council are voted up by the Commander community with all CO players being eligible to run*. If a current council member is removed or steps down, a vote will be held to replace them. Three times a year there will be re-elections for the council, January 1st, May 1st, and September 1st. This will be the communities’ chance to vote people out or new people into the council. The previous council members can run for re-election in following terms. A person is not allowed to serve on the council for more than fifty years total.
*The Head Manager (Emerald Blood) oversees whitelists and has the right the deny anyone the ability to run for any given reason should she have doubts about the player’s ability to fulfill the Commander Council requirements.
What does the Commander Council do?
- Be active within the Commander community. The Commander Council members are both representatives and leaders of the whitelisted people. They are in charge of communicating with, organizing, and assisting their whitelist members in-game, on the forums, and on discord.
- Assist updates for the Commander Rules [To be completed during the CO rework] and the Commander role. While other whitelists are mostly independent in changes, the Commander role is much more entangled in the server itself. Though a lot of other server roles and features play a large part on the Commander role, the CO Council is not in charge of changing and revising roles below Commander. Simply put, the CO Council will only have the ability to change the Commander role itself and how Commanders can act. The CO Council is free to submit changes, to the Head Manager, regarding other USCM roles closely linked to the Commander; however, any changes to roles outside the Commander must be dealt with as a normal server/gameplay change where it is run past the Development and Head Staff. While the CO Council may be asked for their opinion on certain changes outside (but still affecting) the Commander role, they will not have a direct say in the final outcome of these changes due to the updates ultimately involving factors outside the Commander role itself.
- Evaluate Commander whitelist applications. The Commander Council members assess open Commander whitelist applications to give their final verdict on. While council votes do have a heavy impact for an application, community feedback is an important factor in getting an application accepted/denied. The Head Manager will resolve all whitelist applications once voting has concluded, going off the council votes and community feedback, but does hold the ability to override the majority should she have concerns with a specific member.
- In-game Commodore rank. Members of the CO council will receive the rank Commodore in-game, compared to the normal rank of Captain. While Commodores will outrank Captains, it is unlikely to ever happen outside of a special event. Along with the Commodore rank, special uniforms for Commodores would like to be added at some point, however, it may take longer for devs to get around to.
- Holding a leadership position in the community. Being that council members are voted up by the community themselves, they’re a respected group focused on making their whitelist better for the community and themselves. Being a council member puts you in a position to help make ideas and changes, that you and the community want, a reality.
- Private channel access to contact CM-SS13 staff and other council members. All council members are given access to a private discord channel to be able to speak directly with important CM-SS13 staff to help improve the role. This includes head/management staff and devs.
- You can not currently be part of another Whitelist Council.
- Discord and being part of the CM-SS13 Discord server is a requirement, as you need to be in communication with your fellow council members and the Head Manager.
- You must be active within the community. It’s understanding that life will happen and should you be busy or need to leave for a few weeks, make sure to inform the Head Manager. Long periods of unaccounted inactivity (few weeks) will lead to you being removed from the council.
- You must actively do council activities. These are being active in council discussions, which is self-explanatory, and review and vote on your whitelist’s open applications. Whitelist voting works as follows for council members:
o All applications require a majority vote from the council members before it can be resolved. No-effort or meme applications don’t require votes and will be denied on-the-spot by the Head Manager.
o Once a whitelist has the required number of council votes and adequate community review, ping the Head Manager a list of the applications ready to be resolved over Discord. A pinned message informs you of the format to use.