William 'Jester' Crimsons Commander Application

Do you want William 'Jester' Crimson for your Commanding Officer?

Poll ended at 20 Dec 2016, 18:34

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 19

solidfury7

William 'Jester' Crimsons Commander Application

Post by solidfury7 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:34

Byond ID: Solidfury7

Player name you use the most: William 'Jester' Crimson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:None

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?: Yes

Why should you be whitelisted?:
The commander has multiple responsibilities, both in-character and out of character. This unique role gives the CO the ability to make or break the round, win or lose, exciting or dull. As a CO you have to adapt round by round to different player types, to adapt to the style of gameplay they have arrived for. I have the ability to create these things through both roleplay and mechanics.

My playstyle of Commander is rather unlike the aggressive, tyrannical mannerisms of others, instead I find myself more mild-mannered, polite and more willing to compromise if the explanation is sufficient. William thrives on tactical maneuver such as flanking, pincer movements and on some occasions relocates his command hub to the planet if the marines are lacking leadership and organisation., leaving only a competent BO or XO in the control room. However despite being on the planet, he rarely leaves the safety of the FOB. Despite this, Williams mild-manners are worth little if the mission is close to critical failure, the sudden characteristic change from the mild-manner and well humoured command to one of calculating ruthlessness means he is willing to discard waves of marines if it means the mission is closer to success, which is something which made him popular with High Command in previous missions.

TLDR - I'm a roleplaying nerd and I get enjoyment from ensuring other people have fun scenarios they can talk about with fondness.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

Youbar

Re: William 'Jester' Crimsons Commander Application

Post by Youbar » 13 Dec 2016, 18:47

solidfury7 wrote:TLDR - I'm a roleplaying nerd and I get enjoyment from ensuring other people have fun scenarios they can talk about with fondness.
Aside from Solidfury7 being a very active member of the community, and a reliable leader, this is one of the best possible reasons one might have for voting "yes" to his application. The commander's role extends far beyond being more than just competent, but also providing a unique experience to every round.
"Man with one chopstick go hungry."
- Chinese Proverb

Renomaki

Post by Renomaki » 13 Dec 2016, 21:58

I served under you, you seem like a decent fella to fight for.

Although keep in mind, before I give you my vote, I want you to know that I respect leaders that aren't afraid to fight tooth and nail for an vital Landing Zone, who isn't going to flee because a single squad got wiped, who will do everything in their power to hold and conqueror a planet for all that is American and righteous.

In other words, I want my COs to not be babies that piss their pants when things don't go their way and who encourage their men to fight on in even the bleakest of times over exposing their backs to the enemy when the going get tough. Inspire me to fight on till the end, and you got my vote.
Sometimes, bravery comes from the most unlikely sources.

An inspirational song for when ye be feeling blue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_zvuPw8xU

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 13 Dec 2016, 22:52

I get you man, William isn't the type to retreat to the Sulaco at the first sign of causalities.

On the side side of the coin, he isn't going to throw men at the grinder simply for his pride, instead he'd likely plan a slow withdrawl if the LZ was just about to fall, grabbing all supplies, wounded and dead before extracting the fighting marines. If no reinforcements can be deployed to flank the hostiles, that is.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

Rob606

Post by Rob606 » 13 Dec 2016, 22:58

I don't have any strong feelings towards you either way, Jester, but I do think you are VERY quick to jump into combat armour and join the frontline, and it's not something I particularly look positively upon from a tactical standpoint.
Gristle McThornbody

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 13 Dec 2016, 23:13

I just served you as an SL in the last round.You proved to be competent enough to be a great Captain. I don't see any problem with you taking the office,Commander.You also made a "Enough" RP,So yeah,catch my 1+.Just dont get on the field too fast or metarush a bit and you will be fine.I will be watching you playing as CO in this 6 days,so don't let me down William,I belive that you can do it.So I am going to vote a bit faster cause i think i know who you are,my vote still can change.Like I said, don't let me down
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

Sargeantmuffinman

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 14 Dec 2016, 09:52

I've seen you around but I've never remembered myself being under your command.

But the main thing is, I've seen you around.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I don't like cute things.

Good hunting.

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 14 Dec 2016, 14:18

Thanks for the input chaps!
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

Sad_Corn
Byond: SadCorn

Post by Sad_Corn » 18 Dec 2016, 22:21

I like you in game, and we already had some nice RP stories

Even if you most of the time play as medic, i'll trust on you to be my CO
On May 17, 2016, a group of farmers dug up the diary of an ear of corn named Watson. Here are his entries.

Day 76:
They took Lawrence, dear god Lawrence... They ripped him off the stalk and smeared him in butter, just like Tyler and Jodie. They shipped him off to the popcorn factory...
I wonder what his wife will say.

Day 120: My brother says the VEGANS are protesting for more anti-meat bullshit. They want more of us to die. FUCKING HEATHENS.

Day 153: The ants are eating me from the inside out. They are popping out my kernels and taking them back to the nest. I feel them moving inside me. Julia says the pesticides will end our misery.

Day 300: Sweet Release. I can hear the planes flying over now. They are dropping the gas, it feels so good, sweet release-

Luiz"Mises"Buarque

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 21 Dec 2016, 10:15

Poll has ended. Thanks, boys.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 22 Dec 2016, 16:50

Delayed temporarily.

Receiving a ban during the voting, means this will be discussed with staff. Also, a bit of a note history...

Notes:

Code: Select all

Opened the shutters on the shuttle and at least one marine was killed due to this then claimed he didnt know what it did because he was new to the game, given a warning by X on Sun, July 31st of 2016 Remove

Was unaware you weren't allowed to pre-clone, warned and told not to do again by X on Mon, August 1st of 2016 Remove

As a survivor, grenaded 2 fellow survivors with a grenade. I was told that he was cooking the grenade and hiding behind other survivors and showed no intent to throw it. Logged off before I could question him. The grenade blast knocked down all 3 survivors causing them to be captured. by X on Sun, August 14th of 2016 Remove

Accidently shot two people, any further incidents will result in removal. by Xon Thu, September 8th of 2016 Remove

Did surgery as a standard PMC, warned by X on Tue, September 20th of 2016 Remove

Warned for ID rule. Stole the COs ID rule because he was being chased by MPs. by X (Moderator) on Sun, October 2nd of 2016 Remove

Banned by X|Duration: 440 minutes|Reason: Killed a guy unnecesearly that due to incompetence caused a few marines to die. by X on Tue, December 20th of 2016 Remove

ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 01 Jan 2017, 12:49

Bump bump -
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 04 Jan 2017, 16:09

You haven't gotten any recent notes, so I'll approve this.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine