Anna 'Pepper' Costello's Commander application

Should Pepper become Commander of your ship?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 45

Whiteflicker
Byond: WhiteFlicker
Steam: whitelight07

Anna 'Pepper' Costello's Commander application

Post by Whiteflicker » 06 Oct 2017, 12:09

Byond ID: WhiteFlicker
Player name you use the most: Anna 'Pepper' Costello

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:

None currently in existence. No job bans, ban appeals, staff applications, or prior whitelist applications.
Apart from the mentorship; however that doesn't leave a forum application.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?

Yes, i fully understand that with great power comes great responsibility.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I have been playing for quite a while now! Almost two years, and within that time i have accumulated a fairly decent amount of ingame knowledge and experience with ALMOST all roles in the game, and the lore of the universe itself (albeit not to an absolute T of mastery YET), to be able to say for certain that the position of Commander, while held to higher standards, would not be a problem for me to handle correctly, in the right mood.

I have happily become a mentor recently, and would be even more glad and happy to be entrusted with this whitelist. It is with my word and actions thus far, that i say that i will not abuse this position, and will make attempts to spice up the rounds, not just for myself, but for the players involved, to the very best of my current abilities.

I might not be too creative, or good at thinking outside the box; however, i will still try my hardest nonetheless to not let the staff down if i am to be whitelisted for this vital role.
Last edited by Whiteflicker on 06 Oct 2017, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
The girl with the face. Anna "Peppered" Costello.

TheMusician321
Byond: TheMusician321
Steam: 50ShadesOfIcedTea

Re: Anna 'Pepper' Costello's Commander application

Post by TheMusician321 » 06 Oct 2017, 12:11

+1, I've known Anna for a while and whenever I see her, I know it's gonna be a good round.
Image Image

Ed 'Wafflecone' Martin bites the Mature Hunter (251)!

I play as Ed 'Waffles' Martin or his sister, Amaryllis 'Pancakes' Martin.

Never Forget, Dust Raider. 10/15/17.

alekfenrir
Byond: alekfenrir

Post by alekfenrir » 06 Oct 2017, 12:16

+1 Good to play with on the ground, communicates well, solid player. (best RO I've ever had in any role)
Athena 'Needle' Aggley -Medic by choice, Marine by mistake.
Wear the Purple

Troy Kent
Byond: Mr Bobert the Third
Steam: Elizabeth II

Post by Troy Kent » 06 Oct 2017, 12:18

+1, really quite competent.
Squad Marine Alastair 'Yorkie' Kent is awarded the bronze heart medal: 'This standard marine was shot in the mouth and head while defending the front line of the Nexus against the enemy forces. This medal recognizes all those who were killed and wounded by friendly fire. His wounds are a small price to pay to keep the USCM strong. Issued by CMDR Carson'.

I did it!

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 06 Oct 2017, 12:51

One of the best CIC players out there.

Certainly deserves the chance to play as a CO.

(Even if I think it is a damn shame to lose one of the best SOs out there due to this)
Last edited by solidfury7 on 06 Oct 2017, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

Blade2000Br
Byond: blade2000br

Post by Blade2000Br » 06 Oct 2017, 12:53

+1 I want see you MATEBA the herectics. Also, we need D I V E R S I T Y on Command roles or the PCs will try to fight us.

In all seriousness, you are competent and I trust ya in the CO Role!
Jason 'Punk' Crowmel - The guy that don't give a shit about what he does.

Former Rapey Ravager Hater.

Challenger
Byond: digitalis

Post by Challenger » 06 Oct 2017, 13:02

+1, I've seen you around and you'd definitely add to the commander whitelist.
(outdated) guides to: squaddie | medic loadouts | FOB design | macros.

Sir Lordington
Byond: Sirlordington

Post by Sir Lordington » 06 Oct 2017, 13:06

You have my +1 as well. I've seen her a bunch and have literally zero complaints. Great as both RO and SO, play's a good character and is extremely competent. I have no doubt Pepper would be a great commander.
I used to play Luke Compton. Now I play Reginald Dempsey.

NGGJamie
Host
Host
Byond: NGGJamie

Post by NGGJamie » 06 Oct 2017, 18:38

I've had a long roleplay history with Pepper, and all of them have been positive. I heartily give my +1 to her application.
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - Present

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Whiteflicker

Post by Whiteflicker » 07 Oct 2017, 18:39

Damn, guys. You're making me blush! I was half-expecting people to call me a HUGE scrub.

I mean - i hope you guys are peppered for the (worst) most enthusiastic Commander you've ever seen, employing some possibly TOO aggressive tactics, as i order the RO to request exclusively explosive crates for the claymores and frags, and send down machettes and bayonettes, for the purpose of enacting the tactic which i, commander Pepper, will trademark as "Bayonette to Butt and rifle butt to face" method. Followed by a hasty retreat, right into a minefield, so you can go and stab them more; also dubbed eloquently as "the golf clubbing".

It'll be fun, guys! You can do it! All i need is a sword, and my mateba, and I'll lead you to the land of cool!

I hope this is what you're voting me as Commander for, i can get in pretty crazy moods.

Sabactus
Byond: Sabactus

Post by Sabactus » 07 Oct 2017, 18:57

+1

Still fairly new to the community but I have noticed Anna. If the presence of hair is an indication of competence (e.g. baldies) then she has long luscious locks.
Anderson Scott
Carson Xander
Zachary 'Zed' Harris

” If Marines could get what they needed when they needed it we would be happy and wouldn't ready to kill people all of the time.
The Marine Corps is like America's Pitbull. They beat us, mistreat us and every once in awhile, they let us out to attack someone.”
— Generation Kill

Blade2000Br
Byond: blade2000br

Post by Blade2000Br » 07 Oct 2017, 18:57

Whiteflicker wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 18:39
Damn, guys. You're making me blush! I was half-expecting people to call me a HUGE scrub.

I mean - i hope you guys are peppered for the (worst) most enthusiastic Commander you've ever seen, employing some possibly TOO aggressive tactics, as i order the RO to request exclusively explosive crates for the claymores and frags, and send down machettes and bayonettes, for the purpose of enacting the tactic which i, commander Pepper, will trademark as "Bayonette to Butt and rifle butt to face" method. Followed by a hasty retreat, right into a minefield, so you can go and stab them more; also dubbed eloquently as "the golf clubbing".

It'll be fun, guys! You can do it! All i need is a sword, and my mateba, and I'll lead you to the land of cool!

I hope this is what you're voting me as Commander for, i can get in pretty crazy moods.
>Reads what CO is doing
>Remembers he voted for said CO
>gets worried by the strategy

That's D I V E R S I T Y guys!
Jason 'Punk' Crowmel - The guy that don't give a shit about what he does.

Former Rapey Ravager Hater.

alekfenrir
Byond: alekfenrir

Post by alekfenrir » 07 Oct 2017, 19:07

Call it positive madness and carry on!
Athena 'Needle' Aggley -Medic by choice, Marine by mistake.
Wear the Purple

TheMusician321
Byond: TheMusician321
Steam: 50ShadesOfIcedTea

Post by TheMusician321 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:53

>literally has bayonet charge as a tactic

WHY CAN I ONLY VOTE ONCE
Image Image

Ed 'Wafflecone' Martin bites the Mature Hunter (251)!

I play as Ed 'Waffles' Martin or his sister, Amaryllis 'Pancakes' Martin.

Never Forget, Dust Raider. 10/15/17.

Troy Kent
Byond: Mr Bobert the Third
Steam: Elizabeth II

Post by Troy Kent » 07 Oct 2017, 23:14

You know those apps where it's all good at the start and then it all comes crashing down when someone sees a thing?

Yeah, no, that's not happening.
Squad Marine Alastair 'Yorkie' Kent is awarded the bronze heart medal: 'This standard marine was shot in the mouth and head while defending the front line of the Nexus against the enemy forces. This medal recognizes all those who were killed and wounded by friendly fire. His wounds are a small price to pay to keep the USCM strong. Issued by CMDR Carson'.

I did it!

James_ii
Byond: James II

Post by James_ii » 08 Oct 2017, 16:23

Well 'Pepper'. I'm givin' ya +1 without a doubt.

Mainly because you are a decent player, RP'er and well...basicly good in general.

Will be glad to see you as a Commander Anna.

*salute
I'm the guy who plays James 'Gunslinger' Baker. That guy who is your Boss/Overwatch guy/your doctor/field doctor/brother in arms.

Steve_Rhino
Byond: Steve Rhino
Steam: Rad5002

Post by Steve_Rhino » 12 Oct 2017, 17:09

I've played with Anna quite a few games in different roles. Cargo and So mostly. Competent, fun to play with, good at communication and efficient. Mostly though, nice interaction and would be happy to serve under a Commander Costello proudly. +1

Rustarus
Byond: Rustarus

Post by Rustarus » 12 Oct 2017, 21:24

Could I +1 any more than I can now? You're an amazing player, and I tend to always enjoy talking to Anna. Harry should be proud ;p.
P.S.: You're a huge scrub. You got what you expected.
feweh Announces:
DEAD: Max Terry says, "FEWEH NOTICE ME!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0gGWRnoFDI
*When Max Terry is captured* Young Runner (298) hisses, "*u*k **u **oo Max Terry yells, "FUUUCK YOU!" Max Terry says, "FUCK"
*What everyone thinks of Max Terry* https://youtu.be/eOl_oWxNFrs?t=1185

Wubs4Scrubs

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 12 Oct 2017, 22:11

+1

You've been competent in every single interaction I've ever had with you. Additionally I've had you as my SO before and you did an excellent job so I have the utmost faith in your ability to play command roles. (Also we share the Costello name)

emeraldmoonx
Byond: emeraldmoonx

Post by emeraldmoonx » 13 Oct 2017, 01:33

+1 a good player and for sure would make a good CO.
USCM - Elric Wolff
Synthetic - Eric

VitorThauma
Byond: VitorThauma

Post by VitorThauma » 18 Oct 2017, 11:53

+1. She's a nice person. Competent and good enough to be a Commander.
Sarah Powers | Susan Kingston

Mentor from 20 Jul 2017 - 08 Oct 2017
Moderator from 08 Oct 2017 - 06 Feb 2018
Admin from 06 Feb 2018 - 24 Jun 2018
► Show Spoiler

Rustarus
Byond: Rustarus

Post by Rustarus » 18 Oct 2017, 17:57

Jesus fuck, you know someones a good player when they GET 30 FUCKING VOTES AND NO NO VOTES.
feweh Announces:
DEAD: Max Terry says, "FEWEH NOTICE ME!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0gGWRnoFDI
*When Max Terry is captured* Young Runner (298) hisses, "*u*k **u **oo Max Terry yells, "FUUUCK YOU!" Max Terry says, "FUCK"
*What everyone thinks of Max Terry* https://youtu.be/eOl_oWxNFrs?t=1185

Robotonic

Post by Robotonic » 18 Oct 2017, 18:21

Now admittedly I haven't seen them in the position of XO much - from my point of view, not in general - but I know WhiteFlicker's a genuinely solid player and I believe they have a firm grasp on the chain of command and how it should operate. They're capable and act competently when in and out of command positions, and would not use the CO whitelist as something to simply screw about with. For the most part they take a lighter tone on run-of-the-mill things that go on in a round, however they can take a firmer stance on matters when necessary for what's on hand so I trust them to be able to handle the role of CO in their own manner.

I believe if they're accepted and given a few days to get used to the responsibilities and extra authority that they could most definitely pull the marine side through the game whilst making it enjoyable for those involved.

Edit: Though I will say your application could have had more information in it. Whilst you have been playing for a while, gotten more experience in essentially every role aboard the Almayer, and are generally known on the server for being solid at your job, in what way for example would you want to spice up the round for the marine side? Would this be through unique tactics, a particular course of action in a game, or something entirely different? There's no requirement to have something signature to you specifically as a CO, but I would like to ask to see if you've got any ideas on your mind at the moment.

Robotic Potato
Byond: Robotic Potato

Post by Robotic Potato » 18 Oct 2017, 20:43

Usually pretty good from what I've seen ingame. +1

Whiteflicker

Post by Whiteflicker » 19 Oct 2017, 07:14

Robotonic wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 18:21
Now admittedly I haven't seen them in the position of XO much - from my point of view, not in general - but I know WhiteFlicker's a genuinely solid player and I believe they have a firm grasp on the chain of command and how it should operate. They're capable and act competently when in and out of command positions, and would not use the CO whitelist as something to simply screw about with. For the most part they take a lighter tone on run-of-the-mill things that go on in a round, however they can take a firmer stance on matters when necessary for what's on hand so I trust them to be able to handle the role of CO in their own manner.

I believe if they're accepted and given a few days to get used to the responsibilities and extra authority that they could most definitely pull the marine side through the game whilst making it enjoyable for those involved.

Edit: Though I will say your application could have had more information in it. Whilst you have been playing for a while, gotten more experience in essentially every role aboard the Almayer, and are generally known on the server for being solid at your job, in what way for example would you want to spice up the round for the marine side? Would this be through unique tactics, a particular course of action in a game, or something entirely different? There's no requirement to have something signature to you specifically as a CO, but I would like to ask to see if you've got any ideas on your mind at the moment.
Yes, Robuttonick, I was waiting for someone to ask me interesting questions on how I'd like to play the role!

Granted however, as i said, i am not particularly creative - as in, i am very spontaneous, i tend to go with the flow; make things up as i go with my own experience rather than planning things out, unless its something REALLY IMPORTANT such as an event. THEN actual planning is going to happen.

I had a few silly ideas in my mind ... But it really depends on my mood at the moment.

In the best case scenario i would usually experiment with things nobody else has tried TOO much before. Like, alternate FOB locations, speeding or slowing deployement, sending an emissary before deployement, sending scouts before launching the entire battalion, or ordering particular things out of crew staff. Try to think up of !fun! and fun things to possibly do; like,

as i previously said, focusing on ordering explosive crates purely so i can flank the enemy, and then tell people to charge into melee with bayonettes and rifles. I tend to rely a lot on artillery support, and offensive tactics in my games; and while it may not necessarily apply as much here due to the available means, it'll probably be seen a little bit. You're either pushing at the sound of bombs dropping and gunfire, delaying, or retreating into a minefield, in my most ideal outcome. Though i will TRY to leave the squad leaders room to maneuver on their own, because i know that being hand held through things such as this is really, really annoying.

There really isn't a awful lot of variety up to me, you can do SOME things differently but you'd have to be careful. Because, the "winning" strategies are always the same, as is the scenario, due to the nature of xenomorphs being the main enemy on the field; and if you don't abide to it, people are going to hate your guts because "you made them loose the game" or, "you didn't let them take their attachments in time so they died", woe is you. And, well, Anna as a character likes her battalion so she will not usually try to step on people's toes at their detriment.

now, if the enemy was DIFFERENT every now and then, such as CLF or UPP, that would be somewhat different.

For example, I'd make a lot more use of fortified positions such as pillboxes, and 'trenches' (made of barricades because yeah) - it would be sort of like WW1 Britain, aggressively pushing to take inch after inch off the enemy relentlessly, as well as exploiting the flanking routes when possible, and barraging my own fallen positions to ensure that the enemy does not keep them for very long.

In the worst cases, i usually tend to be lazy and annoyed; i want things to go at my own pace and i will not take a single shit from anyone about it, at the cost of blowing their heads off with my mateba, i'm a huge hot-head. I will probably not play commander if I'm not feeling in a good mood.

I'm not sure if you got your question answered after that long thought process.

But you can probably expect me to sit the CIC staff down very briefly to brainstorm a tactic, and depending on what is made up or what i have in mind, that will be the one to happen. What happens after is spontaneous.

Oh, and also, over-excited commanding officer shenanigans. I hope you're into those!