Mark Wilson's CO Application.

Mark Wilson
Byond: Tactical 445

Mark Wilson's CO Application.

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Feb 2018, 04:12

Byond ID: Tactical 445

Player name you use the most: Mark Wilson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:
  • viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13909&p=149943&hil ... er#p149943 | Went SSD; Job-Ban (lifted)

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Indeed, if you break the rules you can have your whitelist removed.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions? Yes, if the CO/Admiral feels anyone on the ship or under their command is a threat to the mission, they are allowed to execute them of the spot, no warning or procedure is required. Reasoning for the execution should be given to the MPs, If they feel it was a wrongful execution High Command can be faxed. Possibly resulting in the whitelist being revoked.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?
    Yes, no one on the ship is above the law. If you have committed a crime the MPs have every right to arrest you, no one but the MPs/CMP should be enforcing the law. The Commander is not the CMP, and shouldn't act like one.

What do you think is the job of a Commander? I believe the job of the Commander is to lead his/her men, and ensure the success of the operation. The Commander should have all of the CIC staff coordinated and on task. They should be keeping an eye on comms, and making sure the mission stays afloat. The Commander should always have a good idea of where their marines are, they should know where the fight is happening, and state of the operation. A good Commander should always know when to retreat, I often see Commanders pointlessly send their men to their deaths, or not allow a retreat. The only outcome of not letting your men pull back in a hopeless fight... is death. A Commander is also an RP character, he should be able to handle events, survivors, and solve large shipside problems.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?
    Staff Officer/XO: If a member of my staff were to be disobeying orders, I would give them ONE chance to get back in line to straighten their act. If the staff member refuses to listen, I will order MPs to arrest them for Insubordination and Conduct Unbecoming of an Officer. High ranking officers should always follow orders from superiors, and if they should continue to disobey, Battlefield execution would be the next course of action to solve the issue. It would also be a reason of why they disobeyed me, they might has disobeyed me for good or unintentional reasons. Either way if it was reasonable, punishment won't be very harsh.

Why should you be whitelisted? I have been playing Colonial marines for quite some time. I started as a standard marine, and worked my way up. I played medic, engineer, spec, and SL. Once I was confident in my performance and understanding of all these jobs I started playing, CT, RO, and MT. I played doctor and CMO for awhile, and just racked up medical experience. I started getting bored of playing doctor so much because I knew just about everything about medical, so I moved on to MP, BO (during the Sulaco), PO, and XO. Commanding was tricky at first, but I got the hang of it. After months, and months of playing these roles, I have gained a full understanding of every job. I understand all of the rules within the server, though I have messed up a few times, I always try to correct my mistakes. I know how to RP with people, I do it quite a lot. Overall I have a complete understanding on how the game should be played. After being XO so much I have seen many Commanders lead, I have learned from them. I fully understand how the role of Commander should be played, along with how to do it.
Tactical 445

Commander Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit: Marcus

Wubs4Scrubs

Re: Mark Wilson's CO Application.

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 04 Feb 2018, 04:54

Mark Wilson is somebody who I've seen around the server for a long time. They consistently perform admirably in both RP positions and I've seen Mark numerous times leading operations as the XO. I recall role playing with him one round as a synth doing interrogations of UPP and CLF prisoners and it was a blast. So besides the ability to RP, I have the upmost confidence in his ability to be an effective CO.

I still feel guilty because you made your synth app around the same time as mine and I forgot to look over yours, however for the record I thought you were a competent player deserving of the role then, and I believe the same now. Good luck Mark!

+1

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 04 Feb 2018, 05:02

Good SO who follows orders, he has been around for a long time and I can definitely trust and enjoy his command.

+1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Feb 2018, 15:44

Wubs4Scrubs wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 04:54
Mark Wilson is somebody who I've seen around the server for a long time. They consistently perform admirably in both RP positions and I've seen Mark numerous times leading operations as the XO. I recall role playing with him one round as a synth doing interrogations of UPP and CLF prisoners and it was a blast. So besides the ability to RP, I have the upmost confidence in his ability to be an effective CO.

I still feel guilty because you made your synth app around the same time as mine and I forgot to look over yours, however for the record I thought you were a competent player deserving of the role then, and I believe the same now. Good luck Mark!

+1
Ah yes, I remember that round. Quite a blast man, thanks for the feedback!
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Feb 2018, 15:45

taketheshot56 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 05:02
Good SO who follows orders, he has been around for a long time and I can definitely trust and enjoy his command.

+1
Thanks man! I appreciate your reply.
Tactical 445

Enceri
Byond: Enceri

Post by Enceri » 04 Feb 2018, 16:59

I know you from the Sulaco-era and I have to say I loved the nice rp we'd share as RO/CT. And now, i've seen you go XO countless times and I know you can handle the CO rank.

I'm going to drop a +1, good luck Mark.

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 04 Feb 2018, 17:05

Mark has been with us for a long time, my experiences with him have always been decent, and I remember him as a good leader since the time of the Sulaco, even though he did not play much in the CIC recently as he played before in Bridge.

I'm pretty sure he's competent enough to be whitelisted, plus I know he's more than capable of role-playing the commander role. I realized that he has been playing in the moment effectively as a lieutenant, and it would be interesting to see him as commander. Good luck!

+1
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Feb 2018, 17:32

Enceri wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 16:59
I know you from the Sulaco-era and I have to say I loved the nice rp we'd share as RO/CT. And now, i've seen you go XO countless times and I know you can handle the CO rank.

I'm going to drop a +1, good luck Mark.
Oh yes, the good old days. I remember some quality RP with you man, thanks for the feedback!
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 04 Feb 2018, 17:35

NescauComToddy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 17:05
Mark has been with us for a long time, my experiences with him have always been decent, and I remember him as a good leader since the time of the Sulaco, even though he did not play much in the CIC recently as he played before in Bridge.

I'm pretty sure he's competent enough to be whitelisted, plus I know he's more than capable of role-playing the commander role. I realized that he has been playing in the moment effectively as a lieutenant, and it would be interesting to see him as commander. Good luck!

+1
Thanks for the kind words man!
Tactical 445

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 06 Feb 2018, 14:42

...+1

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 06 Feb 2018, 16:15

Hmm... it may just be me or I am blind, but don't recognize the name much. I recognize as an SO and possibly an XO... but other people have sayd you went XO a lot so I trust them.

0.5+ til we get more comments, or I see you a bit more.
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 06 Feb 2018, 18:54

Feweh wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 14:42
...+1
Thanks feweh!
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 06 Feb 2018, 18:56

Lukey111 wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 16:15
Hmm... it may just be me or I am blind, but don't recognize the name much. I recognize as an SO and possibly an XO... but other people have sayd you went XO a lot so I trust them.

0.5+ til we get more comments, or I see you a bit more.
No problem. Thanks for your feedback!
Tactical 445

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 08 Feb 2018, 05:33

Yeah, great app, great player +1
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Feb 2018, 10:35

NethIafins wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 05:33
Yeah, great app, great player +1
Thanks a lot man!
Tactical 445

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 08 Feb 2018, 10:52

Has been my XO multiple times and did and excellent job when given command of the OP.

+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 08 Feb 2018, 12:13

I have seen your actions and services, and I like what I see.

+1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Feb 2018, 18:40

DriedMilk wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 10:52
Has been my XO multiple times and did and excellent job when given command of the OP.

+1
Thanks Christine, I appreciate the feedback.
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Feb 2018, 18:41

Bancrosexd wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:13
I have seen your actions and services, and I like what I see.

+1
Thanks Kommandant!
Tactical 445

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 12 Feb 2018, 18:31

Approved