William Frost - Commander Application

ExGame

William Frost - Commander Application

Post by ExGame » 09 Mar 2018, 18:38

Byond ID: ExGame

Player name you use the most: William Frost, Wolf Anderson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link: Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
No doubt about that, if anything I think that staff members should be held to a higher standard.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?
A battlefield execution is a tool that should be used to either create or enhance the experience onboard a ship, and not to remove or worsen it. I'm always disappointed when I see a Commander with a "if in doubt, BE" mentality, it always leads to bigger problems. Unless you're absolutely sure of what you're doing should you perform a battlefield execution as a Commander and try to minimize the follow-up salt coming from it, who knows, maybe the RP scenario you get after it even outweighs it. Sadly you can't always prevent BE salt, since on rare occassion you will find yourself with people that intentionally disrupt the mission you have to take care of. Unless I have a very good reason IC, I would never punish someone with a BE due to a honest mistake or trivial stuff like being insulted.

Should I need to battlefield execute anyone, I would pull out my mateba, fire shots into them untill they are dead on the ground and then quickly explain the reason over the radio once I have time to do so and consult with the MPs should they have any concerns.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?
Yes, this should be the duty of the Military Police and you shouldn't mess or meddle with their affairs, the worst thing that you could do is BE a MP.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
The job of a Commander is, as written, to instill a sense of purpose, organization, and focus with his or her subordinates. Their job is to preserve the enjoyment of the round and maybe even enhance it, not only to win around. While winning a round of course can bring joy, it shouldn't be the main focus of a Commander, it's more of a nice side-thing that comes with leading and organizing the marines while interacting with the on-board Almayer staff. A Commander should also serve as the person you can ask questions and get advice from if you need help, so of course educating new command staff should also be part of it, because who knows, that command player that you helped could soon be one of the whitelisted Commanders.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?
It depends largely on the context, whether MPs are available and in what kind of situation we're in, the big thing you have to have to hold apart is if the disobeyiong staff member is doing it intentionally or due to inexperience and or cluelessness. Anything that doesn't directly threaten the lives of the marines or the entire mission should be punished with warnings, disciplinary action and or MPs. Even then, I'd give them a second chance before I call the MPs on them. Should mission-critical elements be on the line though, I'd unholster my mateba and threaten them with action shouldn't they pull their shit together right now, or if there is a MP conveniently around the corner, order their immediate arrest.

Why should you be whitelisted?
I feel like I have the ability to preserve the enjoyment of the round to the majority of the players on it. My character's main goal is to keep the casualties low and have as many able-bodied marines as possible at the end of a mission, since the life of marines is holy to him. That also means that battlefield executions will only be used as the last resort or they threaten the lives of marines. I have a deep understanding about how command functions and how they work together with other departments as well as what it takes to keep the marines on the ground organized and have myself rely on command staff rather than micro-manage all squads.

I would try my best to educate and help out newer command staff and give them chances should they fuck up, I'd offer the Almayer crew some interesting situations that they could participate with, as well as giving the CL a reason to live by interacting with them once in a while and incorporate them with the mission if I got the time. At times I would let bridge staff like the XO take command while I go to see the crew of the Almayer to see how they fare being in command and give them feedback on it and maybe even recommend them to also apply as Commander should they do good.
William Frost - An old guard USCM Officer
- "The easy way generally gets you killed."

Wolf Anderson - Eccentric NCO
- "When it's clicking like that you need to reload!"

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Re: William Frost - Commander Application

Post by taketheshot56 » 09 Mar 2018, 19:39

Guy knows his stuff. Seen him around the CIC lots. What there more to say besides +1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 09 Mar 2018, 19:46

Ye sure +1
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Kesserline
Byond: JeanManche

Post by Kesserline » 11 Mar 2018, 19:29

I didn't agree (OCCly) on some tactical choices this player made one, from a player to another player.

But ICly ? As a roleplayer ? This guy is top-notch.

He has authority, calm, badassness, the most recent rounds even showed tactical insight that not all XOs can brag about it.
Also, even with not enough SOs, you can manage to reach him on comms, and he answers you quickly, just enough to make your SLs rounds less stressful.

Just like all COs, even if the plan is not the plan that I would follow, I follow the man first, the plan after.

I'll follow this Commander, in battle, in the worst flanks, in the greatest pushes and in the memest wipes.

Direct +1.

zoboomafoo
Byond: zoboomafoo97

Post by zoboomafoo » 11 Mar 2018, 20:51

Frost has done great as XO and SL lately, ran in to him quite a bit. He RP's well as a leader, I'd love to see him as commander.

+1
Lyla Pycroft
I play aliens a lot too
Image x 20 Image
ImageImage

RobBrown4PM

Post by RobBrown4PM » 11 Mar 2018, 21:30

Pretty down to earth player who knows his away around the CIC. He also role plays with the rest of them.

+1
Mains: Roberto 'Taco' Moreno
Usual Jobs: SL/Spec/SG/Engie/XO

Allafif
Byond: Allafif

Post by Allafif » 11 Mar 2018, 21:32

Great answers and applying for good reasons. Well-formatted, somehow very visually pleasing??

+1
I usually play as Henri Leroux, but I was once known as Elite Boiler (420).

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 11 Mar 2018, 21:57

Bad puns with the last name.

BUT! I like your XO playstyle and how you approach situations RP-wise.

I'm sure you'll become a great CO.

Staty frosty.

+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

Beiler
Byond: NothingButCarl

Post by Beiler » 13 Mar 2018, 13:10

Absolute lad, ExGame.
Thumbs up from me. +1

Frost is an amazing character ICly with top notch RP to back themselves up as a command role. Haven't had a single bad interaction with either the player, nor character. Nothing but positives.
I'd be happy to have them lead to eventual defeat, or assured victory.

ExGame

Post by ExGame » 14 Mar 2018, 05:30

I'm actually surprised, I haven't expected that much positive feedback, but I'm glad. Thanks!
William Frost - An old guard USCM Officer
- "The easy way generally gets you killed."

Wolf Anderson - Eccentric NCO
- "When it's clicking like that you need to reload!"

Dragoon47
Byond: Dragoon47

Post by Dragoon47 » 14 Mar 2018, 21:00

Never had a bad time around Frosty in the times I've seen him RP, either "in person" or in the videos of others. Not sure if we've shared CIC yet (R+J rehearsals have murdered my usual playtime), but I hope we do eventually.

+1 from me.
James Castleton

WinterClould
Byond: WinterClould
Steam: 『WinterClould』

Post by WinterClould » 15 Mar 2018, 06:44

Ive had at least a few positive interactions with Frost, not many, but the few have been good. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to cic lately?

Either way, gonna give a +1 but only just because I trust ya from what little I've seen. Good luck.
Chen "DiscoKing" Westinton Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award. My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 16 Mar 2018, 04:30

I know ExGame for too long. He's an excellent roleplayer that can adapt both on our previous server and now here. He tries (as I do most of the time when I'm in) to get in on event action and every single time noone had issues with his roleplay

+1 from me
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 16 Mar 2018, 05:30

ExGame wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 18:38
It depends largely on the context
Cool +1

In all seriousness, you're a moderator, so I really don't think you'll screw this up
"Man with one chopstick go hungry."
- Chinese Proverb

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 18 Mar 2018, 12:53

Pretty competent XO and SL, +1. Also a good roleplayer, wouldn't mind him as a commander at all.
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

Huntze
Byond: Huntze

Post by Huntze » 03 Apr 2018, 06:37

Seen Frost in CIC a bunch, solid player, knows his stuff.
Easy +1.
Gloria 'Lock' Locklear - RO/SL

Glory Locks

NGGJamie
Host
Host
Byond: NGGJamie

Post by NGGJamie » 18 Apr 2018, 08:32

Accepted
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - Present

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.